Author Topic: Troll Sightings  (Read 21516 times)

stevewizzle

Troll Sightings
« on: July 15, 2013, 07:57:00 am »
in an effort not to ruin other discussions and threads, please take your troll sightings and/or grievances out here.

so basically, if you want to reply to atomicfront (which i do not condone), this thread is for you.

stevewizzle

Re: Troll Sightings
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 07:58:08 am »
an example, in the usually harmless rollcall thread:

bearman was also up on stage.

B&S were indeed wonderful.  i can't believe that anyone can walk away from one of their shows without a big stupid smile on their face.  stuart was indeed in rare form.  i slightly prefer their last show at DAR, but not by a lot.

YLT oscillated between ok and annoying.  they had some really nice moments in the first half of their set, but the second half was littered with self-indulgence.  kaplan's attempts at guitar-god antics during those 5-minute noise-solos just bugged.  it wasn't technically impressive - i can play that shit.  if the show was in a small club packed with their faithful i can see them getting away with that... but it wasn't.  for me, it was 20 minutes of good music stretched out over an hour.

spent the evening in the company of the boardee formerly known as julian.  his version of america lives on.  while hanging in the pit we engaged in a hardy game of "spot the non-caucasian"... we both lost.  he sends his greetings to miss p, vansmack and walkonby.

once again, got in and out of MPP with zero hassles.

YLT are one of the worst bands I have ever heard.  The guitar solos are indeed pathetic.  If they removed that guy from the band they would improve.  I heard this song on the radio the other day that was an obvious "Monster Mash" tune rip-off.  I was like I guess this vocalist is so bad that they would never sell enough copies of their song to be worth to sue.  Than I heard it was YLT and it all made sense.  Worst guitarist and worst vocalist in one person. 

I wonder why great bands like Belle and Sebastian and Beach House have YLT open for them.

Totally feeding the troll, I know but...go fuck yourself.

Oh, and it was very nice meeting you Bearman.

stevewizzle

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 08:02:54 am »
also, beware, trolls sometimes reverse the accusation of trolling. do not be baited twice!

a typical response of an experienced troll may go something like this...

"how am i trolling? you're the one trolling - how could anyone possibly like <insert topic at hand>".

slappy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:48:35 am »
also, beware, trolls sometimes reverse the accusation of trolling. do not be baited twice!

"how am i trolling? you're the one trolling - how could anyone possibly like <insert topic at hand>".

Aren't you trolling a troll by creating this thread?
... or am I now trolling?

atomicfront

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 11:05:21 am »

You know I wasn't trolling as I was agreeing with another poster.  Trolling isn't having an opinion different than yours.  What are you five?

atomicfront

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 11:10:52 am »
in an effort not to ruin other discussions and threads, please take your troll sightings and/or grievances out here.

so basically, if you want to reply to atomicfront (which i do not condone), this thread is for you.

Like I am going to read your stupid posts in this thread.  James Ford is a troll.  He does stuff like claim Vermont is a better beer vacation than Munich when he knows I am going to Munich.  Obvisouly no one could be stupid enough to actually think that.  Vermont has nothing.  I have been there and it has nothing related to beer.  I have been to Munich and it is all about beer.  So it is an obvious  troll.

It is not trolling to say an awful band is awful and to agree with another poster in doing so.  I wouldn't have mentioned how awful Yo Lo Tengo was unless someone else brought it up.  Shitty band.  Obviously only reason they have gotten critical attention is that the guy was a former critic for the Village Voice and from the NYC area.  Saying he can't sing is obvious as well.  I say Bob Dylan has a terrible voice as well but at least he can write songs.

stevewizzle

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 11:32:36 am »

Aren't you trolling a troll by creating this thread?
... or am I now trolling?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 11:41:46 am »
Why is this a thread? There's an entire thread for atmoicfront. This is getting fucking ridiculous!
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 11:42:42 am »
Why is this a thread? There's an entire thread for atmoicfront. This is getting fucking ridiculous!

Exactly.  If you want to create one for James Ford he doesn't have a thread and  he is king of the trolls. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 11:49:38 am »

because people are oblivious to the fact that atomicpants has two bachelor degrees and is out-smarting them by crafting baseless counterpoints just to aggrevate the masses.

it's getting old.

atomicfront

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 12:13:24 pm »

because people are oblivious to the fact that atomicpants has two bachelor degrees and is out-smarting them by crafting baseless counterpoints just to aggrevate the masses.

it's getting old.

Two bachelor degree isn't all that impressive in itself.  I just put that down to show that I had a diverse background.  And I am not trying to annoy anyone.  My opinion is different than yours.  That is not trolling.   Posting something I don't believe in to annoy others is trolling.  I do believe that Yo Lo Tengo is even worse than Wilco and now is the worst band of all time.  If I actually thought Yo Lo Tengo was a decent band and I posted it that it would be trolling.  If I just randomly came into the this week's roll call and started bashing Yo Lo Tengo that would be trolling.  I came in to agree with someone. 

Trolling is posting that Vermont is a better beer vacation than Munich because A) James Ford doesn't believe this is true and B) James Ford only posted it because he knew I was going to Munich.

Geez I have to teach people about the definition of trolling.

Oh and this thread is trolling. 

Bags

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 12:36:29 pm »
My opinion is different than yours.

FYI, your opinion is different FROM his.  Guess neither BA is in English. 

(Sorry, I could not resist, I have no opinion on trolling or atomfront...I let James Ford bait me years ago, but I've grown and matured and largely left the board for other pursuits, though I love this place and many of the folks here/who were here...)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:39:08 pm by Bags »

Bags

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 12:38:58 pm »
^ Sorry, forgot how to do the quoting format.  See, it has been a long time.

atomicfront

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 12:54:18 pm »
Yeah English was always my worst subject.  I waited until my first semester of my senior year to take English 100.  I had to take it the first semester as one of my majors had a second writing course which required English 100 as a prerequisite. 

My opinion is different than yours.

FYI, your opinion is different FROM his.  Guess neither BA is in English. 

(Sorry, I could not resist, I have no opinion on trolling or atomfront...I let James Ford bait me years ago, but I've grown and matured and largely left the board for other pursuits, though I love this place and many of the folks here/who were here...)

James Ford

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:32:23 pm »
The Alchemist, Hill Farmstead, and Lawson's make better been than any of the brewers located in Munich proper. Yo La Tengo makes better music than 99% of the other bands in the world. Though their live show is hit and miss.

There you have my opinions. In Atomicfront's world, my stating this makes me a troll.