Author Topic: Introductions thread  (Read 24572 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Introductions thread
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »
"shut up and entertain me" 

"now give me a picture"

yeah, that works

stevewizzle

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2013, 06:11:21 pm »
Am I the youngest person to post in here?

26 as well.

dig beer a lot. env engineer. travel quite a bit. live in dupont. grew up in massachusetts, moving to seattle soon. rock climb sometimes. james blake was the best show i've seen at 930. VT grad.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2013, 06:20:27 pm »
i'm changing my handle to Carlos Danger
T.Rex

lagas

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2013, 06:28:21 pm »
how was a band called death? been curious about seeing it as the description sounds pretty awesome. havent heard much about it.

i'm 6'1", 185 lbs. last movie i saw was a band called death, last book i read was conversaciones con matta, a dialogue between a philosophy professor and roberto matta, a 20th century surrealist painter and father of gordon matta-clark. last concerts i went to were astro last night at dc9,  OMD on sat, sir paul fri and julia holter last thu... i'm 37 and i like both soccer and the nfl as well.

i think that's about it

watch it, it reminded me of searching for sugar man...
zorra

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2013, 02:21:51 pm »
sweet! thanks eltee and lagas for the report back. Will try and catch it tomorrow!

how was a band called death? been curious about seeing it as the description sounds pretty awesome. havent heard much about it.

i'm 6'1", 185 lbs. last movie i saw was a band called death, last book i read was conversaciones con matta, a dialogue between a philosophy professor and roberto matta, a 20th century surrealist painter and father of gordon matta-clark. last concerts i went to were astro last night at dc9,  OMD on sat, sir paul fri and julia holter last thu... i'm 37 and i like both soccer and the nfl as well.

i think that's about it

watch it, it reminded me of searching for sugar man...
HeyLa

lily1

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2013, 04:49:54 pm »
Greetings...

Late 30's. Female. Currently single. No kids. DC resident for nearly 2 decades. Bearman and I were classmates (and just hung out last week). Have met a few of you casually over the years-Sweetcell, KosmoVinyl (and evil santa!), Bags, Bombay Chutney and a few more that haven't posted here in years.

First experience at the club was to see Live with my then boyfriend back in 1993. I had been in DC for a few months. He stage dove a few times at that show from what I remember. Some of my best memories at the new club are Andy Rourke getting me drunk, hanging with the Chemical Brothers and nearly getting into a fistfight with some bitch over a Coldplay set list. I can't come up with a list of my favorite shows right now. Far far far too many.

Speaking of the club, I have a huge list of shows I need to buy tickets for in September and October after work tonight.

Music interests are very very broad. Everything from opera, to Cajun, to Rai, to bossanova, to rap, to whatever alternative is these days, to soul, to Britpop etc. Just not a fan of classical music and modern country.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 04:55:16 pm by lily1 »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2013, 05:03:39 pm »
how many people are sitting reading that not really caring about anything else . . . except that it is a girl, who is single, no kids?  not me, i find the fact that she would fist fight over some fucking coldplay setlist, to be pretty awesomely awesome.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 05:17:37 pm by walkonby »

Relaxer

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2013, 05:30:15 pm »
oword

Yada

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2013, 06:12:28 pm »
how many people are sitting reading that not really caring about anything else . . . except that it is a girl, who is single, no kids?  not me, i find the fact that she would fist fight over some fucking coldplay setlist, to be pretty awesomely awesome.

I spermed my jorts reading it.

brennser

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2013, 05:11:24 pm »
ok, I'll play

40 (almost 41)
5' 11"
Married, 2 kids (12 and 7)
Immigrant married to another immigrant
Grew up in Ireland
Lived in DC continuously since 1994 except for a 6 month stint in Egypt a while back
Have also lived in San Francisco, the Jersey Shore and Stuttgart.
Work for the feds right now, creature of DC, oscillate between the think tank world, Congress and the feds
Data geek
Food and beer snob
First concert: U2, Croke Park, 1987
Best concert ever: Tough call - some epic shows in Dublin back in the day. Nirvana (opening for Sonic Youth a week before Nevermind was released), Therapy?, Fatima Mansions etc
First 9.30 club concert: can't remember
Number of 9.30 club boardies I've met in person: A lot.....probably 15+
Most memorable 9.30 concert: The one where Elbow stopped mid-show to compliment the DJs taste in music  ;D
Best 9.30 club shows: Sleater Kinney, Afghan Whigs, The Verve, Elbow, early Wilco, Hives - I am sure there are others my memory is a little shot these days
Books: Used to read a lot, less so w kids. Most recent book was a Jo Nesbo one - not very good.

atomicfront

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2013, 05:36:30 pm »

I spermed my jorts reading it.

Yeah Coldplay is awesome. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2013, 05:38:09 pm »
you know what . . . two things.  one, brennsers post was awesome.  way to play!  two, atomicfront, that deserves a big ole lol.

Yada

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 12:23:08 pm »

Underground bees nest in yard > Dog gets attacked by said bees > I go into exterminator mode > I document this process.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 12:27:12 pm »
look at that buldge in your jeans . . . hot.

Stillwater

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »
Favorite book is Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts.

I bought it a few months back and still haven't dove in.  i think the length is keeping me away.  Seems like a hell of a commitment.  Looking forward to it though... eventually.
Don't let the length intimidate you.  It will breeze by, I swear.

Good call on this.  Finally decided to read it and loved it.  Did get through it pretty quickly.  So vivid.