Author Topic: RIP - Josh Burdette - thatguy  (Read 80037 times)

bearman🐻

Re: RIP - Josh Burdette - thatguy
« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2014, 12:20:30 pm »
RIP Buddy.  I know it was the 2nd, but I'll probably never wake up on Labor the same again.

I miss you like hell.

Totally agreed. Labor Day weekend is a tough one for that reason.

bearman🐻

« Reply #166 on: September 18, 2014, 07:58:14 am »
Lily brought this up and I had no idea this was even happening. FYI in case anyone is interested in doing it:

(from the 9:30 weekly email)

Out of the Darkness Walks are a series of events to raise awareness for suicide prevention, with all net proceeds from the walks benefitting the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP).  This Saturday, the Washington D.C. Walk will take place at the Sylvan Theatre on the Washington Monument grounds.  Click this link for more info on participation and/or to donate.  There is also a specific 9:30 Club team for those interested in making a donation in Josh Burdette's memory.

Out of the Darkness Washington, D.C. Walk
@ Sylvan Theatre - Washington Monument Grounds ? Washington, D.C.
This Saturday!
September 20
Starts at 5:30pm ? Check-in time from 3pm - 5:30pm

http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.teamParticipants&teamID=67389

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2015, 09:27:25 pm »
Two weeks from today will mark the second anniversary of Josh moving to the next level.  I'm not trying to stir bad memories in any manner, just got to thinking about him tonight and realized that I still miss him at the club.
FUKIT

« Reply #168 on: August 19, 2015, 09:40:03 pm »
I hadn't mentioned it yet, but you should get the new Frank Turner album
He included the live recording of "Song for Josh" recorded @ the club
it sounds great and got me sad

slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2015, 08:45:27 am »
I hadn't mentioned it yet, but you should get the new Frank Turner album
He included the live recording of "Song for Josh" recorded @ the club
it sounds great and got me sad

Yeah.
Sad.
Glad it made the record.
Are you going to the in-store in Baltimore? Do you know how one goes about doing that?

killsaly

« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2015, 09:05:56 am »
If it is like most in-store perfomances at the Sound Garden, you have to go to the store beforehand to get a bracelet to get in on performance day.  They usually make you buy whatever the new album the artist is promoting. 

edit here it is:
The delightful Frank Turner will be playing a series of intimate in-store shows during his US tour, and The Sound Garden is excited to announce that he'll be swinging by our Baltimore location (10/3 at 2PM) to perform and meet all his wonderful fans!
Pick up his new album "Positive Songs For Negative People" to secure a wristband for the signing! We can't wait to see you all there!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 09:07:35 am by killsaly »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2015, 09:17:59 am »
If it is like most in-store perfomances at the Sound Garden, you have to go to the store beforehand to get a bracelet to get in on performance day.  They usually make you buy whatever the new album the artist is promoting. 

edit here it is:
The delightful Frank Turner will be playing a series of intimate in-store shows during his US tour, and The Sound Garden is excited to announce that he'll be swinging by our Baltimore location (10/3 at 2PM) to perform and meet all his wonderful fans!
Pick up his new album "Positive Songs For Negative People" to secure a wristband for the signing! We can't wait to see you all there!

Thank you. Great.

vansmack

« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2015, 11:57:20 am »
Yes, brought back a ton of emotions but I'm glad it's on the new album.
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2015, 12:02:15 pm »

edit here it is:

Thank you. Great.
No problem!  I might grab one, I need to go there later anyway.

vansmack

« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2015, 12:12:26 am »
I still miss you like hell brother.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2015, 08:33:40 am »
I also miss him though I did not know him other than the nods and a few occasions he helped me out getting stuff signed or whatever...

for me the club has felt different since he left and although I don't think its because he's left I have been to the 930 but a handful of times since and I do think of him often

bearman🐻

« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2015, 11:15:15 am »
I saw Social D a couple times on the current tour, not in DC, and was overwhelmed by how much I felt his presence. I even swear I saw him at one point, which I know sounds silly but it was that brief moment when I saw a part in the crowd & he was there, then gone. I feel bad for the close friends he left behind, and I consider them too and how tough it must be to accept & move on. It's not easy. All I can say is that this is one tough anniversary. I miss him terribly.

« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2015, 12:52:56 pm »

4d

rocketsarered
The full, final poster for @frankturner as he plays the legendary @930club. I moved to DC over 20 years ago and my first stop was seeing #930club. I remember being amazed at how big the rats were outside let alone inside. I was fortunate enough to experience the "old" 9:30 Club before it became what I still call the "new" club 19 years later. This poster shows the old Club. I wanted a nice reminder of those memories - how it was a destination for me, how many wonderful bands I saw, and how many people I met there over the years. I included Josh subtlety into the piece. He was always a presence in my concert going life; either making sure I didn't black out at a Jesus Lizard show (true story) or seeing him smile at the Tim Barry and Chuck Ragan shows (truer story). We were not good friends. We knew each other's name, shook hands, traded laughs, and wove in/out of the DC experience. I hope he knew that I respected and liked him. And a lot of people did. He is still missed at each show. Hopefully this small tribute to him, to the Club, and to DC reminds us to be cool to each other and watch out in the pit.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 01:04:01 pm by Sidehatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

hutch

« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2015, 02:40:40 pm »
at the trocaderon in philly last night the guy who worked there totally knew josh and was bummed... we talked a bit ... he said josh used to drive up there to help out when they needed help.. and that the guy from gwar had introduced them....

betao

« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2015, 08:13:13 am »
That is one powerful poster, right in the feels.