Author Topic: BIG BILLY JOEL NEWS!!!  (Read 9604 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: BIG BILLY JOEL NEWS!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »
God, I could manipulate so much $$$ out of the homosexual, two-income community if I wanted to...
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »
you obviously dont understand the gay world at all.  we have moved on from gaga.  we need some other woman artist to suck her dick for a few years.  i think it will be miley next.

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 04:41:28 pm »
you obviously dont understand the gay world at all.  we have moved on from gaga.  we need some other woman artist to suck her dick for a few years.  i think it will be miley next.
What about Bette Midler? Do you all still love her?
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:09 pm »
if she would go back to performing at bathhouses . . . maybe.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 04:44:14 pm »
sorry hoya . . . i blame julian.  he makes you want to cut yourself.

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 04:44:53 pm »
Arguably Taylor Swift could pull this off in Nashville, Dallas, or Houston monthly. In a football stadium. And the field would be female-only, general admission, under 25, and require anyone wanting field access to be in footie-pajamas as it is designated "Taylor's Sleepover Party Zone." If we can get the permits to actually allow them to camp out in sleeping bags afterwards and a noise-curfew dispensation so the endless chatter about "BOYS!!!!" at 3am doesn't solicit a fine, this would be gold. GOLD.

Taylor Swift would be removing feces from her rectum with platinum bars as a paper substitute.
LVMH

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 04:46:43 pm »

I think this is a smart move.  Billy will make a lot of money because:

1.)  People visit NYC all year round.  If they make a special trip to see the Statue of Liberty or a big Broadway show, they'll go see Billy Joel at MSG as an authentic New York experience.

2.)  There's quite a few of these residencies in Vegas (Britney, Motley Crue, Elton John, Cher, Garth Brooks, Celene Dion).  For now, on the east coast, he has a monopoly.

Whether he has released any new music recently is irrelevant.  The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney release new music, too.  But when they play big shows, it's 90% big hits.

However, I read an interview with him and he said he's sick of just playing "the hits."  (s I'm sure all classic rock artists of his generation are.) He said that if he were to tour again, he'd try to do the "play a classic album in its entirety" thing to play some rarer stuff.  I don't think this residency will allow him to do that.  I assume there are going to be tourist prices for these shows and they are going to want to hear the hits.

Brian

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2013, 04:48:35 pm »
brian, always makes more sense, than julian

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 04:49:52 pm »

1.)  People visit NYC all year round.  If they make a special trip to see the Statue of Liberty or a big Broadway show, they'll go see Billy Joel at MSG as an authentic New York experience.

2.)  There's quite a few of these residencies in Vegas (Britney, Motley Crue, Elton John, Cher, Garth Brooks, Celene Dion).  For now, on the east coast, he has a monopoly.

Whether he has released any new music recently is irrelevant.  The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney release new music, too.  But when they play big shows, it's 90% big hits.

However, I read an interview with him and he said he's sick of just playing "the hits."  (s I'm sure all classic rock artists of his generation are.) He said that if he were to tour again, he'd try to do the "play a classic album in its entirety" thing to play some rarer stuff.  I don't think this residency will allow him to do that.  I assume there are going to be tourist prices for these shows and they are going to want to hear the hits.

Brian
See, this is what I don't get about you. When you don't actively attempt to troll, you're actually well-thought out and reasoned in your logic. You have an ability to breakdown a situation intelligently. You've shown all these traits when I've met you. But you keep going back to the trolling. Why? You don't need to do that, B. You don't. You can be a legitimate member on here, you know that from experience. Be another Julian, not another Rhett.
LVMH

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 04:51:19 pm »
My Taylor Swift idea is the biggest financial windfall perhaps ever proposed on here. US Spending on Taylor Swift would become one of the five biggest economies IN THE WORLD on its own. You can't poke a hole in an idea that good.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 04:53:41 pm »
ok, ok . . . it was a good idea.

James Ford

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 04:57:30 pm »
I prefer snarky, funny troll Brian over stating the obvious Brian. And he's often 100% even when he's trolling.

Brian
See, this is what I don't get about you. When you don't actively attempt to troll, you're actually well-thought out and reasoned in your logic. You have an ability to breakdown a situation intelligently. You've shown all these traits when I've met you. But you keep going back to the trolling. Why? You don't need to do that, B. You don't. You can be a legitimate member on here, you know that from experience. Be another Julian, not another Rhett.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 05:00:39 pm »
msg aint no vegas.

But NYC is.  I can think of a lot of people I know who would schedule a vacation to NYC just to do this.

You're running with the wrong crowd, for sure.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2013, 05:07:32 pm »
My Taylor Swift idea is the biggest financial windfall perhaps ever proposed on here. US Spending on Taylor Swift would become one of the five biggest economies IN THE WORLD on its own. You can't poke a hole in an idea that good.

All we need to add to this is an overpriced baked potato bar!  Plain potato, $5.00.  3 toppings, $3.00  Unlimited toppings for $10.00!

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2013, 05:15:20 pm »

All we need to add to this is an overpriced baked potato bar!  Plain potato, $5.00.  3 toppings, $3.00  Unlimited toppings for $10.00!
Too many carbs for our target audience, but you're looking for ways to gouge and I like that. How about rental/purchase of "Tonight I'm Feeling 22" sleeping bags at exorbitant markups? Tears From My Guitar-branded soda at 9.99 for a 32oz. Extra $5 for a collectors cup. A Wonderstruck perfume misting tent at both 35 yard lines. "I'll Do Anything You Ask, If You Ask It With Your Hands" hotdogs for $8. the branding possibilities are INSANE.
LVMH