Author Topic: I don't know who Crookers is but they sure look like retards.  (Read 10251 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: I don't know who Crookers is but they sure look like retards.
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2014, 03:16:05 pm »
I think the reason is they are labeling people as having Autism that would have never received that label 30 years ago.  Just like everyone has AHDD these days.  No one had that when I was in school.
Yes, the discovery/wide-stream acceptance of new diagnosis probably leads to more people being diagnosed with it. People died of AIDS, in all likelihood, before 1981, we just didn't know it was AIDS.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:23 pm »
what does atomic do, i wonder . . . he once claimed to have an intern.

I am not in a psychological field at all.  I won't say what I do but I do have a paid Intern. I think he makes 20 bucks an hour but he doesn't get benefits.

man . . . if i had a male intern.  oh, nevermind, where i was going to go with that.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 03:17:35 pm »
I've been a big fan of Crookers since I got into dance music. The dude with the hat actually left the duo so now Crookers is just 1 guy [guy on the left, Phra] and they're both Italian. Pretty stoked that he's spinning at 930. I remember like 6 years ago I never ever thought I'd see them in DC. Now they've played Uhall, Echostage and now 930. Funny how things change.
‼‼?‼‼

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »
I had a Billy Idol haircut.
I got called worse for having a Robert Smith hair-cut... 

Pictures or it didn't happen.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 03:19:38 pm »
they are djs? . . . i knew they did, a lot, a lot, of molly.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2014, 03:21:34 pm »
they are djs? . . . i knew they did, a lot, a lot, of molly.
They both are DJs, tomorrow it will just be Phra because they split up about a year and a half ago. If anyone is interested the guy who left [Bot, guy on the right] has a label called Main Course and they release tons of free dance music. Pretty awesome stuff.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2014, 03:22:03 pm »
I think the reason is they are labeling people as having Autism that would have never received that label 30 years ago.  Just like everyone has AHDD these days.  No one had that when I was in school.
Yes, the discovery/wide-stream acceptance of new diagnosis probably leads to more people being diagnosed with it. People died of AIDS, in all likelihood, before 1981, we just didn't know it was AIDS.

Or drug manufactures create something so they can sell more drugs.  AIDS is not the equivilant of Aspergers or AHDD.  It is just like how everyone is depressed and they buy medicines for it. Nevermind more people kill themselves on anti-depressants than depressed people who are not on anti-depressants.  Depression is a symptom not disease.  

Schizophrenia is  a real condition.  Bi-polar is real.  You know how you can tell these are real and not the other nonsense they come up with?  Identical twin studies.  If it were a disease than Identical Twins seperated at birth should have a strong incidence of correlation.  

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2014, 03:24:57 pm »
this thread . . . is going places.

James Ford

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2014, 03:28:39 pm »
That's why I created it.  ;)
this thread . . . is going places.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2014, 03:32:26 pm »
it needed this, though

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2014, 04:44:32 pm »

I guess once a stigma gets put on a word they need to change them for some reason. 

😐 🎶