Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612218 times)

evilizac

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #960 on: June 27, 2016, 12:07:16 pm »
From Vox

Why did everybody stop caring about Inside Amy Schumer all at once?
http://www.vox.com/2016/6/19/11967274/inside-amy-schumer-season-4-review?yptr=yahoo
WHAT?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #961 on: June 27, 2016, 12:46:18 pm »
From Vox

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/19/11967274/inside-amy-schumer-season-4-review?yptr=yahoo
All valid points. Definitely less political/discussion of cultural mores (I still think the Friday Night Lights parody about rape is one of the best things ever) and more skits about the unique experience of being Amy Schumer in 2016. Which is something most people can't relate to/don't care about.
LVMH

« Reply #962 on: June 27, 2016, 08:38:17 pm »
Anyone else watch Roadies on Showtime? Not sure what I thought about first ep.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #963 on: June 28, 2016, 12:48:48 pm »
From Vox

All valid points. Definitely less political/discussion of cultural mores (I still think the Friday Night Lights parody about rape is one of the best things ever) and more skits about the unique experience of being Amy Schumer in 2016. Which is something most people can't relate to/don't care about.

She also stole jokes.

« Reply #964 on: June 28, 2016, 12:55:38 pm »
From Vox

She also stole jokes.
Unless she started stealing significantly less funny ones this year, it doesn't explain what the hell happened to her show.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #965 on: June 28, 2016, 01:10:54 pm »
Orange Is The New Black.  :o

While I found this season to feel a little less must watch the next episode right now then last year, this season proved why it's still the best things being produced
T.Rex

« Reply #966 on: June 28, 2016, 01:32:27 pm »
Orange Is The New Black.  :o

While I found this season to feel a little less must watch the next episode right now then last year, this season proved why it's still the best things being produced
I was thinking about how much the show has changed from season 1 to current. In season 1, there was legitimate discussion about whether it should be considered a drama or a comedy and now its full drama. Gotten really dark, and no real humor.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #967 on: June 28, 2016, 03:36:57 pm »
Could never bring myself to watch that show because it's made by the creator of Weeds and both use crazy stereotypes and people love both shows. F that.

Anyone into Parts Unknown? So hard to watch that show because he eats so much frickin meat lol. I love it though.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #968 on: June 29, 2016, 01:55:46 pm »
Could never bring myself to watch that show because it's made by the creator of Weeds and both use crazy stereotypes and people love both shows. F that.

not sure I get your logic, but would disagree that OITNB is anything but stereotypical of women
it's like a genre of new female characters
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #969 on: June 29, 2016, 03:48:44 pm »
Weeds was a white woman in a "fish out of water" story surrounded by a bunch of ignorant stereotypes. When I found out OITNB is the same thing I said I'd pass on it.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #970 on: June 29, 2016, 07:16:40 pm »
Weeds was a white woman in a "fish out of water" story surrounded by a bunch of ignorant stereotypes. When I found out OITNB is the same thing I said I'd pass on it.
I somewhat liked weeds, but wasn't really much there there
but OITNB, yes when you say it like that...maybe, but the characters are deep and very complex
I'll defend that show as I think it's quality unlike most of the other drivel on tv these days

Don't have AMC anymore...anyone keeping up with HoW
slack

« Reply #971 on: June 29, 2016, 07:30:01 pm »
I'm sticking with HoW for much the same reasons Elaine from Seinfeld wanted that punchcard back for the terrible sandwich restaurant. "I have eaten a lot of crap to get to where O al today and I'm not going to blow it all now."
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #972 on: June 29, 2016, 07:44:35 pm »

It's funny how OITNB has deviated so far from Piper's real life experience.

« Reply #973 on: June 29, 2016, 07:49:53 pm »

It's funny how OITNB has deviated so far from Piper's real life experience.
Its really moved away from Piper being the narrative lead, if not the main character. The show has done a weird pivot as I mentioned in another comment.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #974 on: June 30, 2016, 12:03:16 pm »
I somewhat liked weeds, but wasn't really much there there
but OITNB, yes when you say it like that...maybe, but the characters are deep and very complex
I'll defend that show as I think it's quality unlike most of the other drivel on tv these days

Don't have AMC anymore...anyone keeping up with HoW
Weeds was a great comedy, then it stopped being funny, and the main character become a huge drag on the show... It was weird how it became more and more popular the more unbearable she became. I couldn't bring myself to finish it. Something about Showtime and their unbearable lead characters.
‼‼?‼‼