Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612789 times)

vansmack

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2014, 05:43:34 pm »
All of it. Marissa could not tell when a guy was a scumbag to save her life.

Chili and Sadie were more "what the hell is this person doing on this show" in my opinion than Oliver. I loved the way Oliver said "crudites," by the way.

That's it.  I'm watching this again when I'm done with the West Wing.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2014, 09:18:45 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2014, 09:22:13 pm »
All of it. Marissa could not tell when a guy was a scumbag to save her life.

Chili and Sadie were more "what the hell is this person doing on this show" in my opinion than Oliver. I loved the way Oliver said "crudites," by the way.

That's it.  I'm watching this again when I'm done with the West Wing.
I wasn't bs'ing. I really watch it annual. Five episodes from the end of season three right now. Full on volcheck.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2014, 11:03:52 pm »
American Network TV can really learn a lot from UK TV.  So many shows suffer from their seasons being to long, actors getting tied into long contracts.  Shorten up the seasons and kill off a character if the actor wants off the show.  Far to much dilation and shows losing the plot over time.  Revolution is a prime example...
T.Rex

« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2014, 11:24:05 pm »
American Network TV can really learn a lot from UK TV.  So many shows suffer from their seasons being to long, actors getting tied into long contracts.  Shorten up the seasons and kill off a character if the actor wants off the show.  Far to much dilation and shows losing the plot over time.  Revolution is a prime example...
I agree. See: Black Mirror.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 10:41:50 am »

You mean they can learn how to be extremely boring,slow moving, and without any humor?  I can think about 3 British shows in the history of television that are even remotely watchable.  And for BBC shows maybe one.   "The inbetweeners" was my favorite British show I have seen but they only had 6 episodes a year for 3 years.  What can't they do a little better than 6 shows?  And I think the last season was kind of weak.  Todd Margaret was funny the first season but the second season was awful. 

The New Girl was extremely funny last night.  I like the ending with the basketball jerseys.  Mindy project was decent as well.

James Ford

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2014, 10:53:04 am »
Peep show was very funny for most of its long run.

You mean they can learn how to be extremely boring,slow moving, and without any humor?  I can think about 3 British shows in the history of television that are even remotely watchable.  And for BBC shows maybe one.   "The inbetweeners" was my favorite British show I have seen but they only had 6 episodes a year for 3 years.  What can't they do a little better than 6 shows?  And I think the last season was kind of weak.  Todd Margaret was funny the first season but the second season was awful. 

The New Girl was extremely funny last night.  I like the ending with the basketball jerseys.  Mindy project was decent as well.

K8teebug

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 11:16:31 am »
Did I miss the Twin Peaks discussion?

I stopped watching New Girl.  Maybe I need to start back up again.

GoT starts in April!  Will we then get a 6th book?  One can only hope.

Anyone start True Detectives?  Liking it so far.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2014, 11:35:49 am »

Anyone start True Detectives?  Liking it so far.

This minute is all you need to watch with "True Detective".  The rest you can make up in your mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_-TGdJ7kiU

Brian

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2014, 10:04:03 pm »
What did everyone think of the hour long Sam & Cat tonite with all the guest stars? Really interesting social mores discussed.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2014, 02:33:20 pm »
So glad Dan Harmon is back writing Community.  This weeks episode "Bon Voyage" with a game of Lava was brilliant.  Also, hope they release Aimee Mann's version of "Come Sail Away". 
T.Rex

atomic

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2014, 05:07:02 pm »
I was sick over the weekend so I discovered the show Glee on Netflix yesterdy.  I managed to watch the first six episodes yesterday.  What a great TV show.  Why did you guys tell me about this?  Oh well 82 more to watch.

stevewizzle

« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »
So glad Dan Harmon is back writing Community.  This weeks episode "Bon Voyage" with a game of Lava was brilliant.  Also, hope they release Aimee Mann's version of "Come Sail Away". 

this episode ruled so hard

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2014, 05:40:55 pm »
So...The Following!  Amirite?

James Ford

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2014, 05:48:55 pm »
Has Kevin Bacon been relegated to doing television because Casey Affeck now gets all the roles Kevin used to get?

So...The Following!  Amirite?