Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612479 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #195 on: February 27, 2014, 04:47:19 pm »
Those bastards left the new season of Drag Race off of Hulu...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2014, 11:45:54 am »
Any thoughts about True Detective with one episode left?
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #197 on: March 03, 2014, 12:30:51 pm »
you know, i just started watching, the following.  damn, that kevin bacon is so good.  now dont go spoil anything for me, we are just on like episode three or four, or something.

« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2014, 12:39:46 pm »
you know, i just started watching, the following.  damn, that kevin bacon is so good.  now dont go spoil anything for me, we are just on like episode three or four, or something.
Ironically, I just started watching this on Netflix for the first time in the last week. It really strains credulity. I love how Kevin Bacon's character -- despite having a heart problem -- is always able to get to wherever the action is quickest, only to immediately have heart palpitations and be at 25% of his usual strength. He also -- no matter how many episodes consecutively it ends poorly -- decides to always push ahead without backup.

LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2014, 12:42:17 pm »
i also, just started watching portlandia.  maybe it gets awful as the season(s) go on . . . but good god, the first episode had me guffawing in my popcorn and soda pop.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #200 on: March 03, 2014, 12:43:50 pm »
Ironically, I just started watching this on Netflix for the first time in the last week. It really strains credulity. I love how Kevin Bacon's character -- despite having a heart problem -- is always able to get to wherever the action is quickest, only to immediately have heart palpitations and be at 25% of his usual strength. He also -- no matter how many episodes consecutively it ends poorly -- decides to always push ahead without backup.

the only thing that bugs me, is the unfounded dedication to the direction that so many people are throwing their lives at being mentally enslaved by this serial killer.  who next, the president . . . the pope?

« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2014, 12:44:03 pm »
i also, just started watching portlandia.  maybe it gets awful as the season(s) go on . . . but good god, the first episode had me guffawing in my popcorn and soda pop.
There's a few episodes that don't work, but it's really good, IMO. I'm biased because I live in Richmond and all the jokes pretty much work for The Fan/Carytown/Church Hill areas, just change the city name.
LVMH

« Reply #202 on: March 03, 2014, 12:45:08 pm »
the only thing that bugs me, is the unfounded dedication to the direction that so many people are throwing their lives at being mentally enslaved by this serial killer.  who next, the president . . . the pope?
Not to give plot points away since I'm like 4 episodes ahead of you, but that gets much worse. He basically has a small standing army at his disposal which is so dumb if you think about it for too long you'll stop watching the show.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #203 on: March 03, 2014, 12:46:29 pm »
the only other time such a scenario worked in states of realism . . . was the manson family, but jesus, they basically ate acid for breakfast lunch and dinner.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2014, 04:33:45 pm »
I absolutely love Portlandia. The characters are so fucking on point it gets on my nerves sometimes lol. I can only "binge" with 2 or 3 episodes before I have to turn it off because the characters eat away at me. I could never tell if that's a good or bad thing, but I find them hilarious. Haven't seen any of the new season.

As for True Detective, I want to see if they can unravel the mystery in the last episode.... The end of episode 7 was kind of underwhelming....
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2014, 08:28:20 pm »
30 minutes into A&E's latest "Those Who Kill" and OH MY!!!!!!  Seeing as these is an American adaptation of a Danish show, one has to worry about the psyche of the Danes.  This is one messed up show....

http://www.aetv.com/those-who-kill#
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 08:34:17 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

James Ford

« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2014, 08:43:50 pm »
How much time have you spent in Portland?

I absolutely love Portlandia. The characters are so fucking on point it gets on my nerves sometimes lol. I can only "binge" with 2 or 3 episodes before I have to turn it off because the characters eat away at me. I could never tell if that's a good or bad thing, but I find them hilarious. Haven't seen any of the new season.

As for True Detective, I want to see if they can unravel the mystery in the last episode.... The end of episode 7 was kind of underwhelming....

James Ford

« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2014, 08:44:55 pm »
Lars Von Trier is Danish.

30 minutes into A&E's latest "Those Who Kill" and OH MY!!!!!!  Seeing as these is an American adaptation of a Danish show, one has to worry about the psyche of the Danes.  This is one messed up show....

http://www.aetv.com/those-who-kill#

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2014, 02:05:19 pm »

Zero seconds
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #209 on: March 05, 2014, 09:56:59 pm »
Then how do you know the characters "are fucking on point" if you've never spent any time there?

Zero seconds