Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612123 times)

hutch

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #510 on: January 15, 2015, 09:10:09 pm »
Anyone else watching the Top Gear Patagonia Special?  The second part reportedly sees Jeremy attacked by a mob of angry Argentines with rocks after he makes some insensitive comments about the Falkland Islands war.

Can't think about the Falklands without Mankie.

Falkland Island or Fucking Islands as Robin Williams used to say (RIP Robin, I miss you)? What the helll is wrong with you people..its Islas Malvinas....originally settled by the french in like the 1600s...called the Isles Malouines or some such.. then reverted to the Spanish and then to Argentina when it got its independence from SPain only for some lowlife British pirates to take them over in 1833...

come on folks.. I don't think we are the kind of board that condones this type of colonialism?? They are like right fucking next to Argentina and like ten thousand miles from Great Britain

serious WTF here.

hutch

« Reply #511 on: January 15, 2015, 09:21:29 pm »
and yes...I have to admit.. I was a part of the mob..there..I've said it.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #512 on: January 15, 2015, 10:16:38 pm »
I am having a wonderful glass of cab sav, while watching something called hard time,  curated by Thurston Moore.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #513 on: January 20, 2015, 11:29:19 am »
Don't know if there's any Venture Brothers fans in here, but the "Space" episode was on last night. Brand new 1 hour "special" aired at midnight. I caught the last 40 minutes of it. It has huge implications in the Venture universe. Also, hilarious. I'll have to go back through seasons 4 and 5 to get everything. I wish their seasons weren't so god damn spaced out.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #514 on: January 20, 2015, 11:38:14 am »
It has huge implications in the Venture universe.
My hatred for you grows with every post.

I hope you overdose on H St.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #515 on: January 20, 2015, 12:30:22 pm »
You hate me? Lol. Dang, man. You have a simple life.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #516 on: January 20, 2015, 04:18:10 pm »
Kosmette and got through four episodes of the Fall last night and while not quite as good as the first season, still really well done.

It's also interesting to note all the limited episode network shows headed our way. 
T.Rex

K8teebug

« Reply #517 on: January 20, 2015, 04:48:24 pm »
Binge watched the second season of The Fall. Still better than House of Cards.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #518 on: January 22, 2015, 08:00:22 am »
I just started watching sons of anarchy.  Single handily one of the best shows i have ever seen.

ggw

« Reply #519 on: January 24, 2015, 01:17:21 pm »
Anyone else watching the Top Gear Patagonia Special?  The second part reportedly sees Jeremy attacked by a mob of angry Argentines with rocks after he makes some insensitive comments about the Falkland Islands war.

Can't think about the Falklands without Mankie.

Falkland Island or Fucking Islands as Robin Williams used to say (RIP Robin, I miss you)? What the helll is wrong with you people..its Islas Malvinas....originally settled by the french in like the 1600s...called the Isles Malouines or some such.. then reverted to the Spanish and then to Argentina when it got its independence from SPain only for some lowlife British pirates to take them over in 1833...

come on folks.. I don't think we are the kind of board that condones this type of colonialism?? They are like right fucking next to Argentina and like ten thousand miles from Great Britain

serious WTF here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXVWMJIO3iI

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #520 on: February 09, 2015, 12:08:51 pm »
Anyone catch Better Call Saul?

It didn't really keep me engaged. Thought it started and ended strong. It almost feels like they're building it like Breaking Bad with showing how hopeless and repetitive his life was/had become. The ending of last night hooked me into watching tonight's episode though.

Fucking Vince Gilligan.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #521 on: February 18, 2015, 12:26:53 pm »
Started to watch Fortitude yesterday and the description of David Lynch with polar bears is apt.  Seriously strong cast and there are several layers to the story. Really wish we could binge watch this one...

Better Call Saul is great!

And enough with everyone gets introspective Walking dead episodes
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #522 on: February 18, 2015, 12:33:43 pm »
Anyone catch Better Call Saul?

It didn't really keep me engaged. Thought it started and ended strong. It almost feels like they're building it like Breaking Bad with showing how hopeless and repetitive his life was/had become. The ending of last night hooked me into watching tonight's episode though.

Fucking Vince Gilligan.

If you remember Breaking Bad, it also started slow and didn't hit its stride until season 2 or 3. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #523 on: February 18, 2015, 12:45:18 pm »
Started to watch Fortitude yesterday and the description of David Lynch with polar bears is apt.  Seriously strong cast and there are several layers to the story. Really wish we could binge watch this one...
I'm not getting the Lynch vibe. Plotwise -- outsider straight shooting cop comes to town with secrets to investigate murder -- its similar but the feel is totally different.

That said, I'm loving Fortitude. Its up there with Rectify for "Best Show that Comes On A Network No One Gets/Know They Get".
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #524 on: February 18, 2015, 01:55:26 pm »
Where can I find Fortitude?

I loved the first 5 minutes of better call saul. I need to catch up on this week's episode. My husband had only seen the first and last of Breaking Bad. It's been fun to watch the series again and this at the same time.