Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612945 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2015, 02:32:56 pm »
Netflix/Hulu comedies worth your while, if you haven't tried them yet:

Parks & Rec, It's Always Sunny, Bojack Horseman, Trailer Park Boys and over on Hulu I believe they have Party Down and Hotwives Of Orlando is a true gem! I'm also assuming you've seen Arrested Development because if you haven't, what are you doing with your life?

I just need cable for sports. I NEED SPORTS. Does anyone know if the sports packages directly through the league are worth it? I know the MLB offers something like that.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2015, 02:40:00 pm »
IASIP and P&R I'm just kind of over...funny stuff, but just over it

Arrested Dev really didn't do it for me this second time around...just gave up after about 4 episodes
and I was really looking forward to it

I've been meaning to check out Party On

I forgot to add Workaholics, The League and Gothham to the list

Not happy about better call saul...in that I can't stream it

What's the consensus on Battle Creek?

Oh and stop throwing pizza on walter white's house
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:46:47 pm by Sidehatch »
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #587 on: March 12, 2015, 10:45:21 am »
Workaholics has been hit or miss for me since about season 3. Broad City is hysterical along with Key & Peele on Comedy Central.

For me, I go back and re-watch Sunny almost constantly. The later seasons do kind of fall off, but they still hit it out of the park with their nonsense at least half the time, even in the "bad" seasons. This season where they're all binge drinking on the airplane is HILARIOUS. Pretty much whenever they get black out drunk makes for good tv.

That being said, I think The League has become more consistently funny, but they've gotten away from the sports aspect that kind of drove their sort of friendly, witty batter and it's more about their lives. Which are boring, let's be honest.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2015, 10:49:15 am »
Broad City is the best "pure" comedy on television, IMO. It hits it out of the park every episode.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2015, 10:54:14 am »
Netflix/Hulu comedies worth your while, if you haven't tried them yet:

Parks & Rec, It's Always Sunny, Bojack Horseman, Trailer Park Boys and over on Hulu I believe they have Party Down and Hotwives Of Orlando is a true gem! I'm also assuming you've seen Arrested Development because if you haven't, what are you doing with your life?

I just need cable for sports. I NEED SPORTS. Does anyone know if the sports packages directly through the league are worth it? I know the MLB offers something like that.

Doesn't Sling do this for like $20/month?
https://www.sling.com/programming/sports

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2015, 11:38:22 am »
Weird it says the page doesn't exist. It may be my work laptop though. I'll look into it! I've heard sling box advertised on the sports radio stations, so it makes sense they would have that.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #591 on: March 13, 2015, 02:00:10 pm »
L.A. Flock Stars is back for season 2 next week...
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #594 on: March 16, 2015, 09:46:14 pm »
Garmonbozia

« Reply #595 on: March 24, 2015, 02:27:18 pm »
so just ran across this
little annoyed it's only available on Apple TV.
I seriously want to take a dump on steve job's grave (although I'll use the stock notes to wipe)
slack

« Reply #596 on: March 24, 2015, 02:34:52 pm »
so just ran across this
little annoyed it's only available on Apple TV.
I seriously want to take a dump on steve job's grave (although I'll use the stock notes to wipe)
I was under the impression that Apple exclusivity is only like the first 90 days or something like that. No?

Edit: According to an HBO spokesperson ?the exclusive agreement with Apple is for 3 months among new digital distributors.? To clarify: that means Apple has the exclusive for new digital distributors, which means other partners like Verizon or Comcast could also be there. Per the spokesperson: ?we are still talking to all MVPDs and they could be there at launch.?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:37:33 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #597 on: March 24, 2015, 02:47:56 pm »
I was under the impression that Apple exclusivity is only like the first 90 days or something like that. No?

You are correct
27>34

« Reply #598 on: March 30, 2015, 09:22:10 am »
The Going Clear documentary on HBO was pretty good, and I would imagine quite shocking to anyone who had never read the book it was based on (or their own research. . . or seen The Master).
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #599 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:51 am »
#lovethenewname