Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 611666 times)

ggw

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #600 on: March 30, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »
The Going Clear documentary on HBO was pretty good, and I would imagine quite shocking to anyone who had never read the book it was based on (or their own research. . . or seen The Master).

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #601 on: March 30, 2015, 02:29:00 pm »
I wonder if tom does his own stunts, in bed?

ggw

« Reply #602 on: March 30, 2015, 02:36:35 pm »
I wonder if John wears his hairpiece, in bed?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #603 on: March 30, 2015, 02:47:06 pm »
seeing how he trolls gyms late at night, without it . . . I doubt it.  he must like, to have both heads rubbed, raw.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2015, 09:58:19 am »
Netflix suggested Garfunkel & Oates so I watched a few episodes and it's funny. I don't really like their songs that much. It's like a female Flight Of The Conchords. The premises [?] of some of their songs are funny, but they're just... I guess too upbeat for me. The show's funny though! I'm glad IFC gives sort of off brand comedians a place to showcase their comedy chops via TV shows instead of being watered down for some big network. Although I still don't think Comedy Bang Bang is funny.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2015, 10:39:18 am »
Netflix suggested Garfunkel & Oates so I watched a few episodes and it's funny. I don't really like their songs that much. It's like a female Flight Of The Conchords. The premises [?] of some of their songs are funny, but they're just... I guess too upbeat for me. The show's funny though! I'm glad IFC gives sort of off brand comedians a place to showcase their comedy chops via TV shows instead of being watered down for some big network. Although I still don't think Comedy Bang Bang is funny.
I loved that show and I am bitterly angry it was cancelled.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:43 am »
Cancelled? That sucks. And Comedy Bang Bang has like 4 or 5 seasons? Come on, IFC!
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:01 am »
Cancelled? That sucks. And Comedy Bang Bang has like 4 or 5 seasons? Come on, IFC!
I also think Comedy Bang Bang is stupid.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #608 on: March 31, 2015, 11:54:25 am »
What's weird is I think the podcast is funny and even their live touring show is funny. For some reason I just don't get the show. I feel like Tim & Eric really cornered the market on "awkward silence/funny face" comedy.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #609 on: April 01, 2015, 11:27:41 am »
The AV Club has been doing some great work recapping the first seven seasons of Mad Men this week as a run up to the final season premiere. Here's the best of that work, IMHO.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #610 on: April 01, 2015, 11:47:07 am »
Speaking of prestige television, did anyone watch the Beiber roast? Many belly laughs were had at mi casa.

« Reply #611 on: April 01, 2015, 11:49:57 am »
Speaking of prestige television, did anyone watch the Beiber roast? Many belly laughs were had at mi casa.
I saw Martha Stewart's segment online which was pretty funny but I did not watch the entire thing.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #612 on: April 01, 2015, 11:51:54 am »
I saw Martha Stewart's segment online which was pretty funny but I did not watch the entire thing.

I'd highly recommend it. They actually ripped on each other more than Biebs, but damn it was funny.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #613 on: April 02, 2015, 11:15:01 am »

I'd highly recommend it. They actually ripped on each other more than Biebs, but damn it was funny.
Actually pretty pissed. Is it just me or are they not running this one as much? I swear the last couple of roasts were on 24/7 for weeks after they aired. Haven't been able to catch this one.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #614 on: April 06, 2015, 05:11:12 pm »