Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612556 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #616 on: April 08, 2015, 10:02:07 am »
Lost Day:
http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/04/why-lost-fans-have-been-waiting-a-decade-for-today/
Its still kind of amazing how bad the last 50% of that program's run was. It is the only show where the later seasons were so bad I will not even recommend anyone watching the early ones because of it.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #617 on: April 08, 2015, 10:52:32 am »
Lost Day:
http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/04/why-lost-fans-have-been-waiting-a-decade-for-today/
Its still kind of amazing how bad the last 50% of that program's run was. It is the only show where the later seasons were so bad I will not even recommend anyone watching the early ones because of it.
Someone told me they were going through season 1 and loved it. I told them they should probably stop sometime in season 3 or 4 because... well... nothing ever really happens after that. God DAMN that show pissed me off. How did something so captivating just turn into complete garbage. That finale was TERRIBLE. "Flash sideways"!? Purgatory!? Flash forwards!? Magical powers bestowed by a guy named Jacob!? A smoke monster that made train noises!? Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #618 on: April 08, 2015, 11:02:15 am »
The show needed to end a few episodes into season 4 at the latest. What was annoying was the creators assured everyone they had the whole thing mapped out and it would have a satisfying answer to our questions. Then nothing got answered and the entire thing was revealed as a red herring fest.

Also they explicitly said "it's not purgatory" a thousand times which was only true in the anger-inducingly factual sense that "it's not purgatory... yet."

Just fuck every writer he ever did anything with Lost.
LVMH

imbecile

« Reply #619 on: April 08, 2015, 12:12:40 pm »
I tell everyone who was late to the party, that if they make it that far, to just stop watching at the purple light.  To just pretend it ends there.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #621 on: April 08, 2015, 03:46:14 pm »
Also they explicitly said "it's not purgatory" a thousand times which was only true in the anger-inducingly factual sense that "it's not purgatory... yet."
This was such a slap in the face to the fans.

I also don't even remember anything about the purple light. Although I will saw the big reveal of the hatch at the beginning of season 2 is awesome. The show has amazing moments. It's a shame it just ended up being a big shit heap.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #622 on: April 08, 2015, 08:07:54 pm »
Fortitude is reaching Walking Dead level of taking key characters out..
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #623 on: April 09, 2015, 01:17:33 pm »
So wonder if they are going to resolve stuff on Fortitude tonight... The end of last week's episode was crazy...
T.Rex

« Reply #624 on: April 09, 2015, 01:21:51 pm »
So wonder if they are going to resolve stuff on Fortitude tonight... The end of last week's episode was crazy...
The last 6 visits or so have been crazy. This show is so good. If it was on HBO or FX, people would be talking Emmy buzz.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #625 on: April 09, 2015, 01:33:23 pm »
Watching Fortitude makes want to watch the UK version of Low Winter Sun since it's the same writer.  The US version was good, just couldn't see how it could go past one season, seeing as the big reveal was in the first episode.
T.Rex

« Reply #626 on: April 09, 2015, 01:36:20 pm »
I thought Low Winter Sun (the US version) was a television abortion.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #627 on: April 09, 2015, 02:02:10 pm »
I think most of the appeal of Low Winter Sun was the hey that looks familiar since it was filmed in Detroit.  There was one really great scene where they were rockin a track from the first album by Death...
T.Rex

« Reply #628 on: April 09, 2015, 02:29:08 pm »
new true detective looks AWESOME....really wasn't excited about the casting at first, but this looks great
slack

« Reply #629 on: April 09, 2015, 02:34:45 pm »
new true detective looks AWESOME....really wasn't excited about the casting at first, but this looks great
Agreed.
LVMH