Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612822 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #645 on: April 27, 2015, 11:30:09 am »
I was catching up on the Americans this weekend and wow have amped up the tension on this one. 
Best season yet.
LVMH

« Reply #646 on: April 27, 2015, 11:30:36 am »
I decided to try that Inside Amy Schumer show because the first two seasons are free on Amazon Prime. Pretty funny.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #647 on: April 28, 2015, 07:23:28 am »
Really funny. I've also been enjoying Broad City.

K8teebug

« Reply #648 on: April 28, 2015, 07:23:57 am »
Also love the Americans and Orphan Black.

« Reply #649 on: April 28, 2015, 09:27:23 am »
I've also been enjoying Broad City.
I maintain Broad City is the best "pure" comedy on TV.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #650 on: April 28, 2015, 09:32:05 am »
Really funny. I've also been enjoying Broad City.
Broad City is hysterical. I missed most of the 2nd season. Gotta go back and watch that. Ilana makes me giggle non stop.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #651 on: April 30, 2015, 09:56:44 pm »
Netflix's Daredevil is f'n awesome
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #652 on: May 04, 2015, 10:56:01 am »
was going to start that last night . . . but we decided to lay there like zombies and watch old chopped episodes and this show called the unbreakable kimmy Schmidt.  i found it to be enter,taining but my partner hated it.  will watch daredevil tonight.

laying in bed after a hard days work, watching television episodes or other things on Netflix, with popcorn, movie candy and drinks, is one of the most important moments of my time that keeps me sane.

K8teebug

« Reply #653 on: May 04, 2015, 10:58:33 am »
Is anyone else totally bored by these last episodes of Mad Men? I usually don't appreciate a season until it's over and I can watch it from the beginning again.

Roger and Peggy are the only reason worth watching.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #654 on: May 04, 2015, 11:10:24 am »
ahhhhh, im so behind on mad men.  i just got to the episode where layne Price fights pete Campbell.     

« Reply #655 on: May 04, 2015, 11:11:45 am »
Is anyone else totally bored by these last episodes of Mad Men? I usually don't appreciate a season until it's over and I can watch it from the beginning again.
I think they've been really great, albeit more cerebral than earlier seasons. The Diana storyline, on its face, is a dud but I think what she's supposed to represent is great. I thought last night's episode was a top 10 all time Mad Men episode.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #656 on: May 04, 2015, 11:16:02 am »
i must now, step away, from this thread.

« Reply #657 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:43 am »
i must now, step away, from this thread.
SPOILER WARNING is a cruel mistress.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #658 on: May 04, 2015, 11:53:48 am »
Re: Mad Men - In general, they've been making the scenes way too quick in these final episodes; trying to fit in all the goodbyes. 

Last night was very good, full of imagery and winks and big ideas like the early seasons.  "On the Road" is about the journey of self discovery and search for meaning, so it fits perfectly with the whole "Who is Don Draper?" theme of the series (note the opening scene with Meredith giving him the envelope with the social security card of his assumed identity).  Who better to quote from Kerouac than the ghost of Bert Cooper - the personification of the old guard.  Remember Faye Miller talking about life in season 4? "In a nutshell, it all comes down to what I want versus what?s expected of me."  Cooper was always the "what's expected of me" side of the spectrum.  Roger Sterling of course was the other end.  Don tried to live somewhere in the middle.  I assume Don Draper is just going to disappear into nowhere, kind of like he just emerged out of nowhere.

Great final scene.  Peggy's character was always the symbol for the changing role of women.  Nice to see her taking charge.

I couldn't help but pick up on an eery similarity between the panorama of the tall buildings outside Don's new office window and the images of the tall buildings in the opening credits.  Maybe I'm reaching.

« Reply #659 on: May 04, 2015, 11:57:03 am »
I couldn't help but pick up on an eery similarity between the panorama of the tall buildings outside Don's new office window and the images of the tall buildings in the opening credits.  Maybe I'm reaching.
Everyone and their mother has predicted this ends with Don reenacting the opening credits. I just don't see Matt Weiner doing that. He said at one point the show would end with a scene of Don in the modern day.
LVMH