Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612326 times)

killsaly

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #705 on: June 14, 2015, 04:59:29 pm »
I finished the Killing today, and started Sense8.   I am three episodes deep, and really digging it.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #706 on: June 15, 2015, 11:46:06 am »
orange, is the, new black.  yes, gawd.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #708 on: June 25, 2015, 01:09:24 am »
"Heroes" coming back on Sept 24... is that prestige?
http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2015/06/heroes-reborn-trailer
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #709 on: June 25, 2015, 09:04:09 am »
"Heroes" coming back on Sept 24... is that prestige?
Not really.
LVMH

« Reply #710 on: July 08, 2015, 05:57:54 pm »
Odd Mom Out ....funny shit and I really hate Bravo and everything they do
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #711 on: July 13, 2015, 06:19:03 am »
Rectify is so well done, caught up with season 2 and start of season 3 this weekend.  If you going to watch it, I highly recommend you catch up on the first two seasons first.  Totally doing in my head at the moment... One of the few shows that allows the viewer to figure out what's going on without hitting you over the head all the time.
T.Rex

« Reply #712 on: July 13, 2015, 09:09:33 am »
Rectify is so well done, caught up with season 2 and start of season 3 this weekend.  If you going to watch it, I highly recommend you catch up on the first two seasons first.  Totally doing in my head at the moment... One of the few shows that allows the viewer to figure out what's going on without hitting you over the head all the time.
Yep, it and Fortitude are my favorite shows no one else seems to be watching. Rectify is doing that thing where Sundance OnDemand is going to put up episodes a week early if you want to be ahead of the curve. Rectify is so well-done.

Deutschland 83, also on Sundance, is really really well done although it leaves me with an impression that Europeans think nothing of skinny dipping with people they just met as it seems to happen weekly. Uptight Americanism strikes again. Point is, Sundance has a lot of great stuff going on right now. I wish I got it in HD. (My cable provider, much like it does with Pivot, airs only the SD feed but provides the entire OnDemand in HD which is odd.)
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #713 on: July 13, 2015, 09:26:52 am »
We are also watching the German series, the scenes involving the floppy disk was priceless
T.Rex

« Reply #714 on: July 13, 2015, 09:33:34 am »
We are also watching the German series, the scenes involving the floppy disk was priceless
Haha, yeah. It reminded me of the scene in Zoolander "the files. . . are IN the computer!?!"
LVMH

« Reply #715 on: July 13, 2015, 09:42:45 am »
True Detective really kicked into gear with the second half of last night's episode (incidentally, much the same way season 1 did the same thing in episode 4).
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #716 on: July 13, 2015, 12:00:33 pm »
Deutschland 83, also on Sundance, is really really well done although it leaves me with an impression that Europeans think nothing of skinny dipping with people they just met as it seems to happen weekly.

as someone who has spent a lot of time in euroland, this is indeed often the case.  the one that really sent me for a loop was when i visited an ex-girlfriend in northern germany with whom i had hopes of rekindling the relationship but she was dating someone else so there was no interest.  i still had a great time hanging out with her, but on the second day we went to the beach and she stripped down and laid out on the sand.  t'was... weird.  nay, awkward.
<sig>

« Reply #717 on: July 13, 2015, 12:03:59 pm »
^so I assume you did the same?  ;D
slack

« Reply #718 on: July 13, 2015, 12:04:13 pm »
No, this isn't nude sunbathing. It's specifically people who have barely met stripping naked, getting in a natural body of water, and having sex in the middle of the day. It's happened like 3 times in 4 episodes!
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #719 on: July 13, 2015, 01:00:17 pm »
as someone who has spent a lot of time in euroland, this is indeed often the case.  the one that really sent me for a loop was when i visited an ex-girlfriend in northern germany with whom i had hopes of rekindling the relationship but she was dating someone else so there was no interest.  i still had a great time hanging out with her, but on the second day we went to the beach and she stripped down and laid out on the sand.  t'was... weird.  nay, awkward.

Beautiful story.  I even teared up a little...
27>34