Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612561 times)

killsaly

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #840 on: January 27, 2016, 04:00:27 pm »
He is a horseman, not a horse, man.

Space Freely

« Reply #841 on: January 27, 2016, 04:02:55 pm »
He is a horseman, not a horse, man.

I watched the first episode of each season and found it to be more of a skunk than a horse.

killsaly

« Reply #842 on: January 27, 2016, 04:05:37 pm »
I saw them all.  ;D  ;D  8)  :o  :)  ;)

walk,on,by

« Reply #843 on: January 27, 2016, 11:24:31 pm »
that making a murder thing on Netflix, is a pile of shit.  I spit on it.  when they talked about how that guy tortured and killed a cat when he was younger, and he just blamed it on "hanging out with the wrong people" I knew I had seen enough.  fuck that guy.  fuck that show.  fuck Netflix.  fuck television.

and fuck, that guys beard, when he got out of prison, at the start of the show.

killsaly

« Reply #844 on: January 28, 2016, 12:49:23 am »
What?  The beard at the beginning was the best thing about the four episodes I was able to watch before I gave up on it.

Space Freely

« Reply #845 on: January 28, 2016, 08:10:59 am »
that making a murder thing on Netflix, is a pile of shit.  I spit on it.  when they talked about how that guy tortured and killed a cat when he was younger, and he just blamed it on "hanging out with the wrong people" I knew I had seen enough.  fuck that guy.  fuck that show.  fuck Netflix.  fuck television.

Walky, you've done it again. Best post ever on the internet.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #846 on: January 28, 2016, 09:37:27 am »

Walky, you've done it again. Best post ever on the internet.

It is a unique and interesting perspective that has made me rethink a pop culture touchstone.
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #847 on: January 28, 2016, 12:02:05 pm »
So Aziz Ansari has to have the most annoying voice of any comedian since Gilbert Gotfried. So offputting.
Wow, never heard anyone complain about Aziz's voice, let alone compare it to Godfried. I feel like he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his first 2 stand up specials are 10 star comedy specials.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #848 on: January 28, 2016, 12:11:51 pm »
So Aziz Ansari has to have the most annoying voice of any comedian since Gilbert Gotfried. So offputting.
Wow, never heard anyone complain about Aziz's voice, let alone compare it to Godfried. I feel like he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his first 2 stand up specials are 10 star comedy specials.
I find him horrifically non-funny. I do not understand his appeal. If he was a white guy, he'd work at McDonalds.
LVMH

« Reply #849 on: January 28, 2016, 04:43:31 pm »
I find him horrifically non-funny. I do not understand his appeal. If he was a white guy, he'd work at McDonalds.
I disagree...but I do think part of his appeal is he talks and acts very white
some of his series is him getting pissed off when he is playing a role and they want him to do the indian accent

but he is funny, I can understand not everyone's cup of Darjeeling
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #850 on: January 28, 2016, 04:53:28 pm »

But since he's an Indian guy with a Business degree from NYU, it's more likely he'd be owning a chain of Dunkin Donuts.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #851 on: January 28, 2016, 04:54:12 pm »
I disagree...but I do think part of his appeal is he talks and acts very white
some of his series is him getting pissed off when he is playing a role and they want him to do the indian accent

but he is funny, I can understand not everyone's cup of Darjeeling
In one of his comedy specials he mentions something about "I'm stealing all your jobs! The last 3 characters I played were named Randy, Tom, and Eugene!"

I became a fan of his after seeing his stand up comedy stuff. His first 2 are so tongue-in-cheek and his stories about Kanye West and R. Kelly are hilarious. Found him even funnier on Parks & Rec and thought Master Of None was great. I can totally see how he can be grating for some people though. I feel like he's way more toned down on Master Of None than anything else he's in. That and Daredevil were my favorites from 2015.
‼‼?‼‼

Space Freely

« Reply #852 on: January 28, 2016, 08:08:16 pm »

He has the shrill, chirpy voice of an eight year old boy. Which makes it rather disconcerting when seemingly every other line in his comedy special is a variation of "sucking a dick".

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #853 on: January 28, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »
😐 🎶

« Reply #854 on: January 29, 2016, 12:09:54 am »
I'd rather get one of these, if I were to buy one

slack