Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 649330 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1200 on: May 04, 2017, 12:11:57 pm »
And the third season of Fargo is shaping up to be the best one yet..
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1201 on: May 04, 2017, 01:00:18 pm »
Little early for that. Season 2 was bonkers.
LVMH

herman otto

« Reply #1202 on: May 15, 2017, 01:09:47 pm »
In my opinion, Lost is probably one of the greatest television series ever, except for Twin Peaks. Shotgunning through the series again after a long time since I watched it. Almost done with season 1 and I actually almost cried on an episode.

I don't care what anybody says about the ending or the last season, this is a great damn show.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1203 on: May 15, 2017, 01:13:49 pm »
In my opinion, Lost is probably one of the greatest television series ever, except for Twin Peaks. Shotgunning through the series again after a long time since I watched it. Almost done with season 1 and I actually almost cried on an episode.

I don't care what anybody says about the ending or the last season, this is a great damn show.
The first 2-3 seasons are great. Once they started doing the alternate timeline and flash forwards is when it got a little too out of hand.

Anyone into Master Of None? So many great visuals in that show. It gets a little too overbearing at times, but it is still great.

Also, last nights Silicon Valley might be the best of the season so far. Crazy Jared is amazing.
‼‼?‼‼

Bagley

« Reply #1204 on: May 15, 2017, 01:14:20 pm »
Little early for that. Season 2 was bonkers.

Yes,  another great season in motion.   Varga's a classic Coen boys' role.  Loved Billy Bob's intro to the most recent episode.  As he introduces each character, they are symbolized by a musical instrument (mostly, if not all, orchestral).  So when that character appears on camera, you hear that instrument.  Adds a cool feel to the show.  Nice touch!

« Reply #1205 on: May 16, 2017, 09:08:23 am »
While still good, this is shaping up as the weakest season of Fargo.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #1206 on: May 16, 2017, 09:29:47 am »

It was great, but that last season almost spoiled the whole series. To say that they were not in purgatory and insist they weren't dead, then to take the easy way out and make that where they were the whole time really killed it. Many of the "explanations" American tv watchers so often need felt like cop-outs and the creators didn't know what to do with this big mystery they built. Why not just LET IT BE A MYSTERY. Yes, they did leave some things unsolved (like Walt's importance/significance), but so many other things were just stupidly explained (like the numbers). I have re-watched it many times, and I always skip the last season.

« Reply #1207 on: May 16, 2017, 09:41:40 am »
Many of the "explanations" American tv watchers so often need felt like cop-outs and the creators didn't know what to do with this big mystery they built. Why not just LET IT BE A MYSTERY.
I think Lidelof learned his lesson and plans to do this on The Leftovers.

The ending of Lost (and by this I mean the last 3 seasons or so) was so unsatisfying in the answers it attempted to pull out of thin air that going back and rewatching the good seasons -- knowing what's coming up and how little of it will make any sense -- is a ruined experience for me.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1208 on: May 16, 2017, 09:54:54 am »

The first 2-3 seasons are great. Once they started doing the alternate timeline and flash forwards is when it got a little too out of hand.

This is what I was going to post.

K8teebug

« Reply #1209 on: May 16, 2017, 11:22:12 am »
Many of the "explanations" American tv watchers so often need felt like cop-outs and the creators didn't know what to do with this big mystery they built. Why not just LET IT BE A MYSTERY.
I think Lidelof learned his lesson and plans to do this on The Leftovers.

The ending of Lost (and by this I mean the last 3 seasons or so) was so unsatisfying in the answers it attempted to pull out of thin air that going back and rewatching the good seasons -- knowing what's coming up and how little of it will make any sense -- is a ruined experience for me.

So far, so good with The Leftovers.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1210 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:36 pm »
The Billy Bob Thornton Fargo intro is from the Peter and the Wolf symphony narration.  I thought it was quite clever use.. And each episode is like a mini movie.  I particularly liked the episode where the mixed the animation and live action sequences.  Still think it's the best season of Fargo  yet..

T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #1212 on: June 02, 2017, 01:27:20 pm »
The Leftovers - The Best Music on TV
That show (after being a drag for the first season) has really become something amazing.

Someone needs to do an article about the rise of showrunners who know how to retool shows after lackluster first seasons into some of the best stuff on TV (e. g. The Leftovers, Halt and Catch Fire, Billions, et al).
LVMH

« Reply #1213 on: June 02, 2017, 04:48:18 pm »
I feel I'm dying up here is off to a good start

Absolutely loved the second season of master of none...I am in love with Alessandra Mastronardi
slack

« Reply #1214 on: June 03, 2017, 11:47:19 am »
They are going to kill BACHMAN!

http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/silicon-valley-erlich-bachman-tj-miller.html

you might be screaming, ?For the love of Bachmanity, don?t kill him!? Don?t get upset with us. This is not our rule. This edict was passed down by the Council for Television Character Eradication, a shadowy government agency populated by members of the Illuminati, the deep state, and former SNL cast members who have never made movies based on their characters.
slack