Author Topic: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever  (Read 19554 times)

DotTheEyes

Re: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 04:04:12 pm »
Captain Phillips is the best of the Best Picture lineup, in my opinion, followed by 12 Years a Slave and Nebraska.  Not a fan of American Hustle and Gravity.  The rest are solid, though.

It is a shame they did not nominate Robert Redford (All Is Lost) for Best Actor or Inside Llewyn Davis for Best Picture.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 04:06:14 pm »
Did Spring Breakers miss some cutoff date or something? What gives?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 05:04:17 pm »
I think Franco is getting a lifetime achievement award for that one and This is the End.

Did Spring Breakers miss some cutoff date or something? What gives?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 05:08:48 pm »
I think Franco is getting a lifetime achievement award for that one and This is the End.

I haven't seen This Is The End. Does it have the blonde chick from Pretty Little Liars, too?
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 05:21:37 pm »

I haven't seen This Is The End. Does it have the blonde chick from Pretty Little Liars, too?

I don't know "Pretty Little Liars" but "This is the End" was pretty funny. 

James Ford

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2014, 03:55:18 pm »
Bad Grandpa is my new favorite movie of 2013. I have a cold, and that movie nearly killed me by making be laugh my way into coughing fits I couldn't stop.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2014, 04:21:08 pm »

I hated the moral lesson of "American Hustle".  The only person in that movie that I identified with was the one who "lost."

Also, it just shows you how fickle perspective is because if any of those involved were not considered "cool" then "American Hustle" could be (and should be) relentlessly made fun of for all of the over-acting.  I mean there's some hall of fame ham in that movie.  How many times was Christian Bale shown with that "I'm stoic but I'm sweating and have no idea what's going on" look on his face?  50? 100?

And Jennifer Lawerence...I don't think you're SHOUTY and DRAMATIC enough!   Once it got to "Delilah" I was like: "That's it.  This is a 2-hour movie trailer."
Brian

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2014, 04:59:15 pm »
Bad Grandpa is my new favorite movie of 2013. I have a cold, and that movie nearly killed me by making be laugh my way into coughing fits I couldn't stop.
My nine year old son has begged and begged to see that.  Sorry buddy...too soon.

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2014, 05:08:26 pm »
The kid in it was eight. Wouldn't want to accidentally provide him with an inappropriate role model.  ;D

My nine year old son has begged and begged to see that.  Sorry buddy...too soon.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2014, 05:50:55 pm »
The kid in it was eight. Wouldn't want to accidentally provide him with an inappropriate role model.  ;D

We've shown him a few carefully screened jackass clips.  True love.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 06:06:07 pm »
If Bronies doesn't win the award for best documentary... Ok, i wont watch the show either way.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 11:48:15 pm »
watching that doc as we speak.  not very good.  the subject is good, but not the doc.  i prefer docs on trekkies and star ward nerds.  bronies are fake mental problems.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 12:07:56 am »
You aren't going to go to the Baltimore Bronycon?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 12:24:00 am »
it scares me.  i would like to know why bronies, hate incarnation number three.

atomic

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 01:36:55 pm »
I think the Best Actress award is much more interesting than the Best Actor award this year.  I would probably give it to Cate Blanchett for Blue Jasmine over Sandra Bullock for Gravity. 

The Lego movie was pretty good.  You should see it if you haven't had a chance.