Author Topic: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever  (Read 19563 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Academy Awards / New Movies /Old Movies whatever
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:19 am »
That speech by Jared Leto was truly an aspiration to all future punk rock goddesses out there, wasn't it?

I thought it was actually kinda nice, minus the Venezuela/Ukraine rant.

Why the hell am I commenting on an Oscars thread?

because, you belong . . . in rehab.

Yada

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2014, 10:36:54 am »
That speech by Jared Leto was truly an aspiration to all future punk rock goddesses out there, wasn't it?

because, you belong . . . in rehab.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2014, 10:47:24 am »
i love our online sweethart, relationship.  how much snow you getting?  4 inches so far here, and its pouring heavy right now.  i love being able to stay home in my sweats, after busting ass all weekend.

and im already sick of hearing about that selfie heard round the world from last nights show.

ggw

James Ford

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2014, 11:05:32 am »
It was nice, that was my point. Except for maybe namedropping his crappy band name.

James Ford

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2014, 11:13:09 am »
My wife fell asleep and basically missed the whole broadcast. When I reviewed the show for her and mentioned Karen O (who Zac Ephron referred to as "an aspiration to punk rock goddesses everywhere"), my wife asked "Isn't she the woman from Grey's Anatomy?"

By falling asleep, perhaps my wife was just getting me back for falling asleep during the matinee showing of (animation nominee) the Wind Rises that we had attended as a family earlier in the day.

James Ford

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2014, 11:17:47 am »
How dumb did John Travolta look butchering Idina Menzel's name? When he said it, I thought they had come up with a substitute singer. I actually expected fat Adele to come out and sing, until Idina appeared on camera.

The Twitterverse exploded after John Travolta botched the Broadway star's name by introducing her as Adela Dazeem ahead of her performance at Sunday's Oscars.

James Ford

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2014, 11:19:34 am »
Sadly, I agreed that Ellen sucked. The pizza segment was almost as bad as bad the gay wedding segment in the Grammys.

They should just let Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host every awards show. The Golden Globes kicked the Oscars ass in every way.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 11:20:50 am »
Sadly, I agreed that Ellen sucked. The pizza segment was almost as bad as bad the gay wedding segment in the Grammys.

They should just let Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host every awards show. The Golden Globes kicked the Oscars ass in every way.
Jay Mohr would be hilarious, IMO. I saw clips of him at the NASCAR awards and he was funny in a mean way, but not over the top like Ricky Gervais a few years back.
LVMH

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 11:21:20 am »
^^ I say that as the one person on Earth who thought David Letterman was the high-water mark for Oscar hosting, so: grain of salt.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2014, 11:27:41 am »

https://mobile.twitter.com/rickygervais/status/440336926173052928/photo/1

atomic

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 11:34:11 am »

I looked at past hosts and Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg almost every year.  I guess they just pick the most annoying person available.  Does anyone find Billy Crystal funny?  Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Walky's cat ... anything would be improvement.

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 11:40:04 am »
Does anyone find Billy Crystal funny? 
I enjoyed Throw Mama From The Train, but I'm hopelessly stuck in the past.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2014, 05:33:24 pm »
Can we all agree that some women look great with short hair but Ann Hathaway does not? I wish her name was Ann Goaway.