Author Topic: Super Bowl picks/favorite SB commercials (come Monday)  (Read 23813 times)

James Ford

Re: Super Bowl picks/favorite SB commercials (come Monday)
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 10:38:38 am »
can anyone say blockhead

Go Seattle.

I enjoyed watching them most of the year...

but if Seattle is going to win Russell Wilson is going to have to make some plays..he's looked pretty bad the past few weeks...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 10:43:08 am »
with probably a minority that wants Peyton foiled because we know we'll hear "Peyton is God" forever if he is not..
This is me. I've never liked the guy, although I'm admittedly biased because of all the crap back in 1997 with Charles Woodson winning "Peyton Manning's Heisman" and the conspiracy to deny Michigan the national championship as revenge from southern coaches.

Peyton is annoying because it's never his fault. Literally, it's never his fault. If his team loses, its because his defense was bad or he didn't have weapons around him (despite all advanced statistic saying he has had defenses equal to Tom Brady's his entire career and much more offensive talent by a large, large margin), but then if his team wins, its all because of Peyton. If his team has a good season, he wins the MVP -- it was all Peyton. If they lose, even if its because of a Peyton INT-fest, it just slides right off him. We all know someone like that in life and its infuriating when people are so Teflon. I think that's why people hated Clinton. (Well, one reason.)

I mean, could you imagine if Tom Brady went out this week and called his kicker a liquored up idiot? We'd crucify him. He'd be public enemy #1. Peyton does it and its hilarious and Peyton is so authentic. People who see no accountability ever annoy me.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 10:52:03 am »
I mean, could you imagine if Tom Brady went out this week and called his kicker a liquored up idiot?

Brady would never do that. He would get his wife to do it for him.

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 10:54:28 am »
I mean, could you imagine if Tom Brady went out this week and called his kicker a liquored up idiot?

Actually, you've just made my point for me exactly, ggw. Tom Brady took more heat for "not keeping his woman in check" or whatever antiquated thing you want to say then Peyton got for calling the most accurate kicker in NFL history a liquored-up idiot on national television. That doesn't seem patently unfair?
LVMH

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 11:09:55 am »
One request...if you like a commercial and think it's worth watching....please post a link to that Ad

I could care less about the game and even the sport.
but do like some good SB ads
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 11:10:08 am »
and i really hate this whole . . . heres all the superbowl commercials, before the superbowl, even though this one is super, cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4

ggw

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 11:13:43 am »

Actually, you've just made my point for me exactly, ggw. Tom Brady took more heat for "not keeping his woman in check" or whatever antiquated thing you want to say then Peyton got for calling the most accurate kicker in NFL history a liquored-up idiot on national television. That doesn't seem patently unfair?

Considering that Vanderjagt was admittedly drunk and was publicly calling out Peyton and Dungy, I think it was totally justified.  I mean if Gostkowski or Vinatieri went on TV and said shit about Brady and Belichick and the Patriots in general, you know Brady would have torn him a new asshole and all the media would point to Brady and go on and on about what a great leader he was for sticking up for his coach and team and keeping his teammates in line and what fabulous hair he has, yadda, yadda, yadda....

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:26 am »
Considering that Vanderjagt was admittedly drunk and was publicly calling out Peyton and Dungy, I think it was totally justified.
I... don't remember him being drunk. Admittedly, I'm probably wrong on that.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 11:52:57 am »
Considering that Vanderjagt was admittedly drunk and was publicly calling out Peyton and Dungy, I think it was totally justified.
I... don't remember him being drunk. Admittedly, I'm probably wrong on that.

OK, so maybe he didn't admit it, but he did lose the Grey Cup (CFL version of the Lombardi Trophy) in a bar one time.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 12:20:07 pm »

I keep thinking of that first Bills one, where Buffalo had the "unstoppable" offense and the Giants just ran the ball, and had 2/3 time of possession.  I also have the feeling Peyton may throw two or three INTs.  I just can't live in a world where the three teams that let Tim Tebow go can be ultimately successful.

Seahawks 34-Broncos 27.  MVP: Golden Tate.

Brian

Aren't you the one that used to rave about Jeff George?

Denver.  The NFL wants Peyton to win.

I'm not sure what my very real love of Jeff George's arm, attitude and mustache have to do with my Super Bowl pick but I'll address this in my next column for whichever sports cable website hasn't fired me yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UerAttYQyNo

Brian

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2014, 12:23:49 pm »
and i really hate this whole . . . heres all the superbowl commercials, before the superbowl, even though this one is super, cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQB7QRyF4p4

The first time I saw that....I actually didn't understand it.  But upon second viewing, two questions remain:

1.)  Will Nicholas Sparks write an adaption between the horse mananger and the fetch blonde puppy adoption chick?  Did they hook up 20 seconds after that commerical was over?

2.)  Isn't what the Clydesdales were doing to the car a form of "bullying?"

Brian

ggw

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2014, 12:29:28 pm »

I keep thinking of that first Bills one, where Buffalo had the "unstoppable" offense and the Giants just ran the ball, and had 2/3 time of possession.  I also have the feeling Peyton may throw two or three INTs.  I just can't live in a world where the three teams that let Tim Tebow go can be ultimately successful.

Seahawks 34-Broncos 27.  MVP: Golden Tate.

Brian

Aren't you the one that used to rave about Jeff George?

Denver.  The NFL wants Peyton to win.

I'm not sure what my very real love of Jeff George's arm, attitude and mustache have to do with my Super Bowl pick but I'll address this in my next column for whichever sports cable website hasn't fired me yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UerAttYQyNo

Brian

It's more about the Tim Tebow comment.  You appear to have an affinity for guys that were great in college but couldn't handle the pros.

atomic

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 08:18:18 pm »
Bud Light Commercials might be worst commercials of all time.  Didn't like Ellen commercial though I am sure James Ford did.  And what is with the Chevy turck commercials.  So far so bad. 

The best commercial so far was the one for the New Girl with Prince. 

hutch

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 08:21:19 pm »
watching the Super Bowl for the commercials is like reading Playboy for the articles...

atomic

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »
watching the Super Bowl for the commercials is like reading Playboy for the articles...

The game so far is pretty boring.