Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 143661 times)

killsaly

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2015, 01:08:35 pm »
I can type a real response now that it is lunchtime.  I wish I could get there early tomorrow, but have to wait for a friend to get out of class, so we will be probably getting there right before or as it starts.  I am not sure what seats we have, my friend got them for us.  I bought Row 5 tickets for Death Before Dishonor.  I cant do the TV taping the next day due to leaving for my annual Bethany Beach vacation.  

I think I will be finally buying a Bullet Club t-shirt.  I held off getting one from Prowrestlingtees.com so that I could get one at this event.

killsaly

« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2015, 01:09:30 pm »
I'm salty because I waited to hear the NXT show announcements. Then the rumor going around was they weren't doing them in Philly. So I got tickets and took time off for the NJPW/ROH show and can't take more days off lol. Kind of bummed about NXT but still stoked. Plus Sami Zayn and Hideo Itami are not even wrestling.
My friend wanted to do the NXT one... BUt I could not go to Philly that many times in a week.

Yeah, Sami is "injured."

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2015, 01:56:18 pm »
At the last ROH taping they had BC shirts but they were [what I think] the lame ones. It says "Bone Soldier" an "It's reeeeeeeal" on it. I got the one off PWT. I actually wore it out yesterday lol. I wasn't thinking they'd have NJPW merch, but they have to, right?

I'm trying to get a group of friends to the DBD ppv. It's a Friday too so that's double awesome.

I heard Sami is "injured" because KO cuts a promo on him [during the tapings a few weeks ago] mentioning the injury. Not sure if it's a direct shot at his "shoulder injury" or something else. So we'll see. I guess this week since Takeover is next week. Either way Sami has to lose, right?
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2015, 02:32:42 pm »
I bought four for DBD.  For Payback this weekend, I bought six at once.

I would be down for a NJPW logo shirt, if they do not have a good Bullet Club one...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2015, 03:50:50 pm »
They'll probably have that same one and maybe the new "BC For Life" one. I like the one I got. Although I semi regret it because about half the people in the crowd had BC shirts on lol. It was between that and Nakamura. Figured those might be the most popular.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #350 on: May 11, 2015, 09:27:19 pm »
Is wrastling, really, a nerd topic?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2015, 09:31:03 pm »
Is wrastling, really, a nerd topic?
Oh god yes. The nerdy sexual frustration requisite for heterosexual man to watch these latently homoerotic comic book fights is clear nerd crap.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #352 on: May 11, 2015, 09:41:41 pm »
You, just, turned me on.

« Reply #353 on: May 11, 2015, 10:12:45 pm »
You, just, turned me on.
You're. . . welcome?
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #354 on: May 12, 2015, 03:42:19 pm »

killsaly

« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2015, 03:37:24 pm »
They'll probably have that same one and maybe the new "BC For Life" one. I like the one I got. Although I semi regret it because about half the people in the crowd had BC shirts on lol. It was between that and Nakamura. Figured those might be the most popular.
So many Bullet Club t-shirts last night...  My friend grabbed one to join the club, but I decided to order one online (you can get American Apparel on Pro Wrestling tees, and I will do that) and assimilate later.  I did grab an event shirt there (I think I have one from every WWE and ROH ppv that I have attended so far). 

What did you think?  I thought it was one of the best, if not the best, wrestling show that I have attended so far.   

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #356 on: May 14, 2015, 10:03:05 am »
I agree! Best pro wrestling event I've been to by far. Kushida vs Roderick Strong set the bar so high. Crowd was on fire too. I thought the place would be bigger but it was cool to have an intimate setting and there was enough space to walk around. I saw Kushia and Moose before the show as well. Styles and Cole tore the house down. ReDRagon vs Tanahashi and Liger, Nakamura & Okada vs Brisoces, Bucks vs Addiction vs Kingdom, so many awesome matches. It's hard for me to get into a Monday Night Raw in DC and justify paying 40-100 bucks a ticket when shows like this are going on for 25 bucks. SO much fun. Caught some Okada bucks as well. lol
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #357 on: May 14, 2015, 10:16:09 am »
funny how you guys don't follow the underground wrestling scene or the Mexican guys

WWE and PPV...jez that's what the kids watching American Idyl watch

don't the have Hobo wrestling events, you know like in someone's basement or behind the Cash Checking place
slack

« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2015, 10:26:09 am »
funny how you guys don't follow the underground wrestling scene or the Mexican guys
Yes, its a regular laugh riot.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2015, 10:37:02 am »

WWE and PPV...jez that's what the kids watching American Idyl watch

don't the have Hobo wrestling events, you know like in someone's basement or behind the Cash Checking place