Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 143665 times)

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2015, 10:45:59 am »
Is there some place on the internet where there are just gifs of women flapping their lids and flicking their heads??
slack

« Reply #361 on: May 14, 2015, 10:51:05 am »

slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #362 on: May 14, 2015, 10:53:58 am »
funny how you guys don't follow the underground wrestling scene or the Mexican guys

WWE and PPV...jez that's what the kids watching American Idyl watch

don't the have Hobo wrestling events, you know like in someone's basement or behind the Cash Checking place
You mean like AAA and Lucha Underground? AAA just announced a Trios tournament using LU, AAA and ROH talent. I don't know where I could watch AAA and I caught the first few episodes of LU but admittedly stopped because I couldn't get into the over-movie-stylized backstage bits. But I've been told it's nothing short of amazing so I am slowly catching up.

EDIT: Just saw your LU post lol
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #363 on: May 14, 2015, 11:06:11 am »

killsaly

« Reply #364 on: May 18, 2015, 07:12:07 pm »
Payback was a ton of fun.  We had six seats (1 - 6 thankfully) in section 116.  I plan on re-watching it to see if we show up (I already saw on screen capture, and it shows my head in my hands reaction to Stardust losing (yes I was the ONE Stardust fan... At least the only one wearing a Stardust shirt)).

I enjoyed all matches BUT:

Meta Powers could have been longer

Cena versus Rusev (couple cool spots but i am bored plus they made it all about Lana, (and i dont think Rusev and Lana should part ways)

Bray versus Ryback (can Ryback ever have a good match?  I want to like him but...)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:13:43 pm by killsaly »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2015, 09:39:55 am »
Payback was alright. Thought the main event was fun, but Cesaro/Kidd and New Day have stolen the show at the last 2 PPVs. Was upset their rematch was cut short and now they'll be lumped into the EC. Those guys can put on some insanely entertaining matches. I hope Cesaro and Kidd regain the titles at EC.

Caught night 1 of Global Wars. Bullet Club vs ROH All Stars was too much fun. Can't wait for the other nights to go up. Other highlights of night 1 were Kushida vs O'Reilly vs Sabin, RPG Vice vs Addiction vs Decade, Tana vs Elgin. Lots of fun.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #366 on: May 19, 2015, 10:30:34 am »
I still need to watch War of the Worlds night 2 and both nights of Global Wars...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #367 on: May 19, 2015, 02:55:03 pm »
I think those 3 nights will be up on the ROH site by the end of the week. I'd check their Twitter feed. I saw GB night 1 on a streaming site. I can send that to you if you want.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #368 on: May 19, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »
Thanks!  ;D I just need the time to watch them.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2015, 09:54:58 am »
Stoked for NXT tonight. These specials always deliver.... something special. Lol. Although I don't think Sami will regain his title and it looks like this is leading to another extended break from him. I wasn't too bummed about missing NXT in Philly because him and Hideo weren't there plus I heard Owens didn't do much in the triple threat match. The rest of the card was actually kind of weak.

I wonder who could "fill in" for Hideo in the triple threat tonight.... hmm...
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2015, 12:38:59 pm »
can we, just go ahead, and change the name of this thread?

« Reply #371 on: May 20, 2015, 12:51:28 pm »
Here, here...I still don't agree that Pro Wrestling is a nerdy topic
maybe the posters on this board are nerdy and like wrestling

but it's a sport for the kids of NASCAR fans
typical IQ is rarely in the spectrum of nerd types (present boardie company exclude )
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #372 on: May 20, 2015, 01:32:28 pm »
Are you guys stoked for the new Batman
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2015, 10:14:15 am »
?

I have not been keeping up with the comics, at all.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2015, 01:18:26 pm »
New Batman comes out next month. Got the preview issue on Free Comic Book Day. Seems interesting. Still being written by Scott Snyder.
‼‼?‼‼