Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 141700 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2014, 01:48:05 pm »
is it just me . . . or are videogames here lately, losing their luster?  i think they peaked in popularity and quailty in 2012.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2014, 01:53:40 pm »
No.  A brand new generation of systems just launched.  The last gen might have peaked in 2012, but video games as a whole did not.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2014, 01:55:48 pm »
yeah, maybe youre right.  i was not factoring into the whole, i havent even touched or seen xbox1 or ps4 to realize what they can do.  hell . . . im still loving me some bioshock infinite / borderlands 2 / final fantasy 13 / and trying to fucking solve that damn fez.

atomic

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2014, 04:30:26 pm »
is it just me . . . or are videogames here lately, losing their luster?  i think they peaked in popularity and quailty in 2012.

The lastest Grand Theft Auto was awful.  I haven't really played video games lately.  I did like "You Don't know Jack" a couple years back.  Seems most of the games are stupid war or first person shooter video games. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2014, 08:08:24 pm »
http://readchallenger.com/2013/10/read-team-gold-force-4-now/
Free webcomic.  Featuring those Golden Girls we all love...

atomic

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 11:34:58 pm »
Whenever an adult tells me they read super hero comics I get the urge to punch them and steal their lunch money.  Is that normal?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 12:49:37 pm »
Why would you want to punch someone for liking something that you don't? 

Speaking of comics,  I wanted something in the fantasy realm and bought the first trade paperback of Saga yesterday.  Has anyone read it and if so, thoughts?

atomic

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 01:52:15 pm »
Why would you want to punch someone for liking something that you don't? 

Speaking of comics,  I wanted something in the fantasy realm and bought the first trade paperback of Saga yesterday.  Has anyone read it and if so, thoughts?

Because they are grown men reading super hero comics.  I don't know why it happens it just does. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2014, 01:56:36 pm »
OK, but why does that matter?

atomic

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2014, 01:58:14 pm »
OK, but why does that matter?

So you are saying I should just go with my feelings and punch them?

Or are you are saying why does it bother me that they are reading comics?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2014, 02:02:42 pm »
No - why does it matter to you that adults enjoy comic books? 

There isn't an age where a fan of anything needs to stop being a fan simply because of their age.

Is rock and roll for the teenagers? Do us adults need to listen to soft rock after we are old enough to drink? 

Should parents cover their ears while their kids watch Spongebob and not crack a smile because its a kids show?

What are your thoughts on horror movies?  Too violent and should be for the kids?

what about comic books that are created for adults, with the proper age rating?  Should kids read those, or are they fine? 

What is your opinion on SciFi TV Shows like Battlestar Galactica?  Should adult fans get punched?

Why dont we just punch everyone doing something we dont like?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2014, 02:07:56 pm »
What about the Walking Dead?  is it ok to be an adult fan of the tv series, since it is on AMC; but not the comic book or video games?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »
Is it ok for me to like Game of Thrones?  Books, comic books, board games, video games, toys, or the HBO show only?

atomic

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2014, 02:21:20 pm »
No - why does it matter to you that adults enjoy comic books? 

There isn't an age where a fan of anything needs to stop being a fan simply because of their age.

Is rock and roll for the teenagers? Do us adults need to listen to soft rock after we are old enough to drink? 

Should parents cover their ears while their kids watch Spongebob and not crack a smile because its a kids show?

What are your thoughts on horror movies?  Too violent and should be for the kids?

what about comic books that are created for adults, with the proper age rating?  Should kids read those, or are they fine? 

What is your opinion on SciFi TV Shows like Battlestar Galactica?  Should adult fans get punched?

Why dont we just punch everyone doing something we dont like?

It isn't comic books in general. In fact I have read "Eightball", "Optic Nerve" and "Hate" as an adult it is the Super Hero comics that seem to annoy me.  Even people reading stuff like "Sandman" and "Johnny the Homicidal Mainiac" is fine with me.  

And you are right it shouldn't bother me.  It just does.   I guess you are right though it is adults who never grow up and probably live with their parents thing who don't have proper hygeine.  Probably if there were more normal people reading them it wouldn't bother me as much.