Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 143477 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Dorks on the run
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2014, 03:41:10 pm »
Opening soon in College Park, The Board and The Brew.  A boardgame themed bar.

Hexenjagd

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »
One of these days I need to learn how to play the Game of Thrones (Battles of Westeros) board game that I bought earlier this year.  After two hours of assembling pieces and thirty minutes of reading the rules, I was done.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2014, 07:51:19 pm »
Constantine! Any fellow Hellblazer fans on here?  It cant be any worse than the Keanu adaptation.

Gotham! I have not seen it but my friend who loves comics is into it, and I will start it soon.

Walking Dead! Killing it like always.

What other comic book TV series am I missing?  Flash? Arrow?  Agents of Shield? 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2014, 10:40:15 pm »
nerdgasm:

Classic Star Wars X-Wing and TIE Fighter games are getting digital rereleases
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/27/7080179/star-wars-x-wing-tie-fighter-games-digital-release
<sig>

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #184 on: October 28, 2014, 12:28:09 am »
Those were fun!

Batman: Court of Owls/Wytches writer Scott Snyder is doing a signing at Third Eye Comics close to my birthday in January! I need to find a promotional poster for one of those to bring to get signed along with my copy of Court of Owls and Wytches #1.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2014, 04:17:09 pm »
Those were fun!

Batman: Court of Owls/Wytches writer Scott Snyder is doing a signing at Third Eye Comics close to my birthday in January! I need to find a promotional poster for one of those to bring to get signed along with my copy of Court of Owls and Wytches #1.
Holy shit. I have to go to this! I loved Court Of Owls. Didn't he also do the Death Of The Family arc?
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2014, 04:20:35 pm »
Yes! Go! (he did that story arc as well)

I live 15 minutes from the store so I will definitely be there! 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #187 on: October 29, 2014, 04:38:58 pm »
That's so sick. I need to get back into the New 52. The ending of DOTF just left a bad taste in my mouth. Especially leading into Requiem like WTF. Such a waste. I didn't realize that Harley got her own book as well. SHEESH.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #188 on: October 29, 2014, 04:43:20 pm »
I haven't read the Harley series yet, but my friend collects them and loves it.  One of these days I will borrow them and check the series out. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #189 on: October 29, 2014, 04:46:30 pm »
I'm a Joker mark, so naturally I love her. I read a few of the "Sirens" series and some of the old "Harley Quinn" books. Those are funny because Joker is like a greaser...shitty...weird looking ex boyfriend type. Needless to say I didn't read many. I liked her in and out of the Batman stuff though.

WE BOTH LIKE WRESTLING AND BATMAN. SWEET.
‼‼?‼‼

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #190 on: October 29, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »
WE BOTH LIKE WRESTLING AND BATMAN. SWEET.
Hey everyone, when the apocalypse is fully upon us and menstrual blood is raining down from sky, lets remember the start of this unholy alliance and affront to God...
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2014, 02:16:05 pm »
I do dig Batman, but am probably way less of a fan than you are DFA.

My Batman fandom:
Court of Owls (so far, will read more of the new 52 books later)
Batman the Animated Series
The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller
Batman movies with Keaton
Batman comic arc with Bane and Azrael

I still have not seen the third Nolan Batman movie (one of these days)... But that is not against Batman or the film reboots... I dont watch many superhero movies (too many horror and sci-fi movies to watch).  I have yet to see Avengers or Captain America 2 or Thor 2 or Iron man 2 or 3, or any of the new Spiderman movies or Guardians of the Galaxy or the newest X Men movie (or X3) and probably more that I missed.

The comics I liked when I was younger were stuff like X Men, Vertigo books, Image books.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:19:27 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2014, 02:36:50 pm »
That Bane arc with Azrael is Knightfall. If you're looking to get into a good one, Hush is like.... probably my favorite Batman book outside of Killing Joke and Dark Knight Returns. Dark Knight Returns was the first Batman book I had as a kid.

If you're into exploring more of course. My bud and I are into all of it. The animated movies, the series [duh] even the newer series The Batman. Any Batman is good Batman. Unless it sucks. Like Batman: The Brave & The Bold I think? That's straight up made for little kids.

I'm surprised you didn't see Dark Knight Rises since that Knightfall arc is what that movie is loosely based on. Plus Bane is badass in the movie. I like TDK better, but Rises is still amazing.

As for the Marvel movies I haven't seen any of the sequels outside of the Iron Man ones. Guardians was probably the best movie of the summer. Super fun, action packed, hilarious and not too long, or too short. As for Spiderman I haven't cared about that since Raimi's Spider Man 2. I have also not seen any of the other Marvel sequels... which is weird because I enjoyed all the first parts...
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #193 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:59 pm »
My friend actually bought Hush a few months back and I plan on borrowing it one of these days...

I dont know why I havent watched the last Batman movie... One day!

Also, I need to pick up a TPB of Knightfall and relive some of my childhood...

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #194 on: October 30, 2014, 02:50:29 pm »
The Constantine premier was awesome!

Watch it if you are a fan of the comics (the series is a lot closer to the comics than the Keanu movie was), or good TV in general.