Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 136838 times)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #210 on: November 07, 2014, 05:26:35 pm »
Did you read it already?

I've read the first 100 issues.
I'm probably one of the last people on this board you want to try to step to about comics  :-*
nothx

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2014, 05:27:31 pm »
Nice.  I will sooner than later. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2014, 05:32:13 pm »
I'm probably one of the last people on this board you want to try to step to about comics  :-*
NERD ALERT.
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2014, 05:33:15 pm »
Step to? 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2014, 05:33:19 pm »
I really don't get why people are still crazy about Walking Dead. I'm in the same boat that I lost all interest like 2 or 3 seasons ago. How is that the highest rated show on TV. I just don't understand.

Supposedly it is getting really good again. But I don't know that I can wade through ep after ep of poorly written/under utilized Michonne fuckery.
I just really was not a fan of Rick. He reminded me of Jack from Lost. I just never liked him and there was nothing to connect me to that character. I dunno. I don't care enough to get back into it.

The last show people told me "Got really good again!" was Dexter and when I got back into it, it was the same flaming dumpster fire as when I had left.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2014, 05:35:53 pm »
LOL I love Jack!

In regards to Dexter, yeah it went downhill.  I hope one day the books get made into a TV series, and not just inspire a series (I like the books way more).

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2014, 05:38:11 pm »
NERD ALERT.

admit it though, you've missed me
nothx

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2014, 05:46:10 pm »
NERD ALERT.

admit it though, you've missed me
Immensely, but if I'm not tweaking the geek squad from time to time -- independent of my personal affection for the individual members -- I would cease to be the Julian you all know and love!
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #219 on: November 07, 2014, 11:10:39 pm »

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2014, 10:32:24 pm »
Today's comic book purchases:
GI Jane 1, Tooth and Claw 1, Bos's Burgers 2 and 3, Rat Queens 8

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2014, 10:45:11 am »
Jared Leto as the Joker in Suicide Squad?  I can dig it!
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/11/the-suicide-squad-makers-look-at-jared-leto-for-the-joker/
Was just reading this. I'm curious to see the big screen version of the SS Harley Quinn. She's like uber sexualized in it. I hope they show more acrobatics than they did of Catwoman in Nolan's Batman. Which was practically nothing lol.

I'm ready for a new Joker interpretation. A lot of places are asking if it's too soon. I say more Batman and Joker.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2014, 10:59:27 am »
they make a comic book out of bobs burgers?  i tried that show . . . my partner and i looked at each other half way through the first episode and said what a horrible piece of animated crap.  nice drawings killsaly, and boy i remember when i would go into local comic book shoppees and purchase fine comics in specific bags and backboards.  the people in there who must of spent their every free time in the place were better than the books.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2014, 11:29:09 am »
I know so many people who love Bob's Burgers. I decided to give it a shot. I've been told "stick with it, it gets really good." I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in. It's funny. Something is missing for me though. Maybe the voices are too obnoxious? I don't know what it is. I tell you what though, it's a very welcome change from the Seth Mcfarlane Fox Block.

Still think [adult swim] does the best animation. Rick & Morty is gold.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2014, 12:26:51 pm »
Bob's Burgers rules.  It is probably the best cartoon on TV at the moment. 

Also, Third Eye Comics sells unbagged comics - I have to bag and board them when I get home.

Lastly, yes, the people are fun to watch at the comic shop, including the employees.