Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 143652 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #285 on: December 21, 2014, 01:51:04 pm »
I'm really enjoying the Saga comic series

I bought the forth volume yesterday for some last minute Christmas shopping.  This Christmas looks to be one of our nerdiest yet!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #286 on: December 23, 2014, 10:35:56 am »
Started reading the Harley Quinn books from the New 52... Don't hate it as much as I thought I would. It's super cartoon-y and she's already killed like 5 people in 2 books lol.
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #287 on: December 23, 2014, 06:58:46 pm »

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2014, 05:58:54 pm »
Two Tank Girl graphic novels, the last three Y the Last Man graphic novels, Saga Volume 4, Mass Effect mystery Mini (was Garrus), Deathnote mystery mini (was Mello), Resident Evil 5 and the newest Tomb Raider for 360, Daenerys Targaryen Pop Funko... Yeah it was a nerdy Christmas here (those are the gifts I gave).  I had to throw some Victoria's Secret in there to balance the nerd ratio of the gifts. (oops almost forgot one pair of Marilyn Manson tickets)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 11:10:59 pm by killsaly, the Virtuous and Benevolent Protector »

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #289 on: December 25, 2014, 05:59:28 pm »
And I think I am getting a PS4... Or money to get one.  I haven't gotten my gift yet.  (well i got some WWE goods from my best friend; a Stardust shirt and a cup with Rowdy Roddy Piper, SGT Slaughter, and Jake the Snake Roberts on it).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 06:04:36 pm by killsaly, the Virtuous and Benevolent Protector »

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #291 on: December 26, 2014, 12:34:49 am »
PS4 ordered!  I am getting the Last of Us Remastered and Far Cry 4 with it.  I plan on adding Dragon Age Inquisition and Elder Scrolls Online to the collection sooner than later.  I also want Alien Isolation and the Evil Within.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2014, 10:53:55 am »
Got an Amazon gift card for Christmas. Ordered Vol 2 & 3 of Batman: Detective Comics. I have Vol 1 sitting on my shelf for the longest time and finally got around to it yesterday. I also started The Dark Knight Strikes Again [sequel to Dark Knight Returns]. I wanted to jump into Zero Year but it was backordered on Amazon.

Signed up for Amazon Prime just to get the 2 day shipping lol. Guaranteed to be here on Sunday!
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #293 on: December 26, 2014, 03:31:03 pm »
i make gift cards last a very very long time. then i break them out, like a sneak attack on consumerism.  the feeling one has when you can get something for free, especially gift cards to fandango for movie tickets, is titillating.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2014, 03:55:08 pm »
Best Buy sent me $15 in gift certificates

So I went

And they didn't have the DVD I wanted

They barely had any

I am upset

But it's cheaper on Amazon and I still have some of THAT gift card left. I can't think of anything I want/need from Best Buy.... But I want to use these $15...
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2014, 04:01:42 pm »
here is the perfect way to spend $15 at breast buy
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »
here is the perfect way to spend $15 at breast buy
Hahahaha
‼‼?‼‼

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #297 on: December 26, 2014, 06:52:15 pm »
And they didn't have the DVD I wanted

They barely had any
I was also surprised at how small of a selection they had a few weeks back when I went to the midnight Black Friday sale, since I usually do not shop there.  They used to have a decent selection... I still do not see how they are still hanging on, with the internet competition.  Maybe some people just like to shop inside a building with strangers instead of at home with family.

I am debating if I should wear my new Stardust shirt... Or my Brock one (bought for me at last year's Royal Rumble and only worn twice), to Raw.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 06:53:52 pm by killsaly, the Virtuous and Benevolent Protector »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #298 on: December 29, 2014, 10:32:18 am »
I have 2 WWE shirts: CM Punk's 2nd City Saint shirt from his last Mania and an Austin 3:16 shirt. My friend hates it, but we troll her and say "CM Punk abandoned us! He abandoned The Universe!" so I refuse to wear it because he's a cry baby. And I don't wear my Austin one because... I feel like it's reaching. BUT! Dean Ambrose has been wearing his new gray on black DA logo shirt and I'll totally buy that tonight if they have it.

As for Best Buy I called the other ones in the area and they also said they don't have it. It seems they only have new release movies and shows that have like 10 seasons on DVD. They are also selling DVDs for 2 bucks. Maybe it was for Black Friday but I can't even remember the last time I bought a DVD.
‼‼?‼‼

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #299 on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:31 am »
Is wrestling, really a nerdy topic? I, think not.