Author Topic: Why did you and your previous spouse(s) get a divorce?  (Read 5934 times)

James Ford

Why did you and your previous spouse(s) get a divorce?
« on: March 14, 2014, 03:53:04 pm »
Since we are playing true confessions....

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Why did you and your previous spouse(s) get a divorce?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »
wow

atomic

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 04:28:41 pm »
Why did you break up with your previous girlfriends.   

James Ford

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »
Various reasons, none all that interesting. Often, I was the one dumped. I think I was better short term material than potential husband material, as I had a lot of growing up to do. Not that I have grown up or anything.

I find reasons for divorce much more interesting. Hence, my reason for starting the thread.

atomic

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 04:41:42 pm »
Various reasons, none all that interesting. Often, I was the one dumped. I think I was better short term material than potential husband material, as I had a lot of growing up to do. Not that I have grown up or anything.

I find reasons for divorce much more interesting. Hence, my reason for starting the thread.

Really are you thinking of getting a divorce?  I would think you would never go through with it as it is very expensive.  But on bright side Alimony payments are tax free.   Legal fees are not.  I am guessing you would get to keep the Saturn.  Your house and kid on the other hand would go to your wife.

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 04:47:44 pm »
No, I'm not thinking about it. I would tend to think divorce is even harder than marriage. Especially when kids are involved.

But I know at least several of you being divorced. I bet there are some good stories behind your divorces.

My wife was married and divorced by 19.  I'm not sure that counts.

Really are you thinking of getting a divorce?  I would think you would never go through with it as it is very expensive.  But on bright side Alimony payments are tax free.   Legal fees are not.  I am guessing you would get to keep the Saturn.  Your house and kid on the other hand would go to your wife.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »

My wife was married and divorced by 19. 

Is she from West Virginia?

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 05:14:51 pm »
Chicago, southside.

My wife was married and divorced by 19. 

Is she from West Virginia?

atomic

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 06:37:46 pm »
My mom told some chick I was dating that I divorced my wife because she had gained weight.  Where she got that from I don't know.

Tell us why your wife got divorced.

hutch

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »
I hope James Ford is joking about marriage problems...once you bring a kid into the world you have responsibilities far beyond setting up a college fund.

James Ford

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 06:48:49 pm »
I spill too much personal stuff about myself, but that's ultimately my choice. if you want to know her story, you'll have to ask her.

My mom told some chick I was dating that I divorced my wife because she had gained weight.  Where she got that from I don't know.

Tell us why your wife got divorced.

James Ford

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 06:50:33 pm »
Oh, I agree. No serious problems on my end, I hope the same for you.

Alright, permission granted to share:

He was a manic depressive who didn't take his meds and consequently beat his wife.

I hope James Ford is joking about marriage problems...once you bring a kid into the world you have responsibilities far beyond setting up a college fund.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 07:00:52 pm by James Ford »

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 06:51:24 pm »
I split off a tangent thread from this conversation. Hopefully it's spawns further interesting conversations by members of our community.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 07:08:34 pm »
i remember choosing drugs over one relationship.  but i was really a fucked up person back then, in high school.  now i just choose this place.

atomic

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 07:12:28 pm »
Oh, I agree. No serious problems on my end, I hope the same for you.

Alright, permission granted to share:

He was a manic depressive who didn't take his meds and consequently beat his wife.

Seems like a good reason for getting divorced.  My reason is you only live once so you should enjoy yourself.