Author Topic: Record Store Day 4/19/14  (Read 44905 times)

atomic

Re: Record Store Day 4/19/14
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 04:19:03 pm »
then buy a dvd player

I got my first dvd player in 1999.  It came with 6 free movies.  Remember DIVX?  at that time it was battling for supremecy and you couldn't get all movies on DVD as some were DIVX exclusive. 

ggw

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 04:23:14 pm »
i don't have a DVD player

You hocked it for some reefer, didn't you?

Yada

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 04:24:23 pm »
I tossed my DVD player and gave away probably 90% of my DVDs a few years ago. I never understood the point of having a DVD collection. I'm not the type of person though that goes back and watches movies multiple times.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 04:27:00 pm »
then buy a dvd player

I got my first dvd player in 1999.  It came with 6 free movies.  Remember DIVX?  at that time it was battling for supremecy and you couldn't get all movies on DVD as some were DIVX exclusive. 

word up, circuit city.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 04:27:35 pm »
I tossed my DVD player and gave away probably 90% of my DVDs a few years ago. I never understood the point of having a DVD collection. I'm not the type of person though that goes back and watches movies multiple times.

you need to smoke more reefer, and lay off the beer

Yada

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 04:29:35 pm »

don't try to get other boardies to follow in your footsteps to rehab, walky,

atomic

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 04:29:50 pm »

SO you don't watch Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, and Stuck in Paradise every Christmas season?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 04:30:34 pm »

don't try to get other boardies to follow in your footsteps to rehab, walky,

well . . . i, never

Yada

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »

SO you don't watch Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, and Stuck in Paradise every Christmas season?

The first two, yes... and Xmas vacation is actually one of the DVDs I kept, however, I don't have a way of playing it, so I just watch it on TBS, TNT, HBO, Showtime, and the six other networks it's showed on at Xmas.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »

i always prefered scrooged, the snowman, and emmit otter's

Hexenjagd

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2014, 06:32:19 pm »
Record Store Day is the day of the year I avoid record stores.  It has become something for people to foolishly collect stuff instead of just buying what they want to listen to.  I have no desire to wait in line for records for hours.  I actually this makes me not want to shop at record stores than to buy things from them. 
I went last year for the first time.  I went later in the day, didnt stand in any lines, and got exactly what i wanted (Vas grabbed me 333 by DOuble Dagger and I grabbed the A Place to Bury Strangers release).

I do agree its for the collectors, but its also to support local record stores. I might drive to Bel Air to support my friend's store this year.

What record store did you go to last year?
i can't remember  it's name - but it's in Catonsville.  I want to say Vas went to Sound Garden. This year I might go to Coda, but it's 40 miles each way for me.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:47:00 pm by Hexenjagd »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2014, 06:48:46 pm »
stop, trying to get, back on topic

stevewizzle

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2014, 06:59:00 pm »

i wish i could have gotten that quality of a return on it.

then buy a dvd player

dont you ever tell me what to do

Hexenjagd

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 07:01:04 pm »
I should watch my copy one of these days... The 333 record was pretty sweet, but i didnt get around to the documentary yet.

Its not the only rock doc I am sitting on; I have held off watching the Cloud Cult documentary for years.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2014, 08:09:28 pm »

i wish i could have gotten that quality of a return on it.

then buy a dvd player

dont you ever tell me what to do

then, dont buy one