Author Topic: Record Store Day 4/19/14  (Read 44980 times)

atomic

Re: Record Store Day 4/19/14
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2014, 09:38:04 pm »
The same way people can say that they don't like country music.

Of course there are exceptions, (8 1/2 is one, also some western stuff my dad used to watch) but in general, Easy Rider is the oldest movie I really enjoy.

Country music is a genre.  Old movies is not a genre.  It would be fine if you said you don't like horror movies but to say you don't like movies because of their age is nonsensical. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2014, 10:08:25 pm »
You are not my dad.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:33:35 pm by Hexenjagd »

stevewizzle

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:02 pm »

Of course there are exceptions, (8 1/2 is one, also some western stuff my dad used to watch) but in general, Easy Rider is the oldest movie I really enjoy.

Country music is a genre.  Old movies is not a genre.  It would be fine if you said you don't like horror movies but to say you don't like movies because of their age is nonsensical. 

i also do not like old movies.

you are also not my dad.

Yada

« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2014, 07:10:54 am »
You are not my dad.

But he's old enough to be your dad!

hutch

« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2014, 07:45:53 am »
Love old movies....saying one doesn't like them makes no sense to me....good screenwriting is good screenwriting regardless of when it happened.. and in the early days good screenwriting was what it was about...they didn't have special effects to mask crummy storylines..

and lets not compare Hollywood's leading men back then to today..

Paul Newman, Steve McQueen....to say Brad Pitt or Ben Affleck

now I guess I would say I like the great old movies but for every great old movie there were 50 crummy ones that havven't survived..

but I can watch Casablanca over and over again.. that's acting...a guy like Claude Rains or Sidney Greenstreet.....

I guess I grew up onthem cause my folks were into the good old movies...........

atomic

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2014, 09:17:53 am »

i also do not like old movies.

you are also not my dad.

Actually,  I am your dad.  Ask your mom about the tall good looking blonde guy.

atomic

« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2014, 09:19:54 am »
Love old movies....saying one doesn't like them makes no sense to me....good screenwriting is good screenwriting regardless of when it happened.. and in the early days good screenwriting was what it was about...they didn't have special effects to mask crummy storylines..

and lets not compare Hollywood's leading men back then to today..

Paul Newman, Steve McQueen....to say Brad Pitt or Ben Affleck

now I guess I would say I like the great old movies but for every great old movie there were 50 crummy ones that havven't survived..

but I can watch Casablanca over and over again.. that's acting...a guy like Claude Rains or Sidney Greenstreet.....

I guess I grew up onthem cause my folks were into the good old movies...........

I could name a bunch of movies too.  But the point is their are good old movies and good new movies.  Bad old movies and bad new movies.  They didn't just start making good actors, writers, and directors.  I suspect they don't like good new movies instead like a bunch of explosions. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2014, 10:01:41 am »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2014, 10:14:14 am »

Paul Newman

Cool Hand Luke.  If you don't like that movie there is something seriously wrong with you.

atomic

« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2014, 10:18:44 am »

Paul Newman

Cool Hand Luke.  If you don't like that movie there is something seriously wrong with you.

And Slapshot.  Everyone likes Slapshot.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:05 am »
I have a total man crush on Paul Newman.  I'm pretty sure Cool Hand Luke is my favorite movie ever.  So good.  And Slapshot is so hilarious. 

But what is considered old?  If I can remember when the movie came out, for some reason I don't consider it old.  Cool Hand Luke I consider old.  But Slapshot i do not, I think because I remember everyone talking about it when it came out.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2014, 11:01:15 am »

Hexenjagd

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2014, 11:08:15 am »

Hexenjagd

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2014, 11:10:20 am »

stevewizzle

« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2014, 11:25:50 am »
i should disclaimer i'm not a movie guy (maybe watch 1 to 3 movies every year, total), so when it comes to what to watch, old movies interest me not at all.

don't care about paul newman, don't care how classic something is... it's bad audio and video quality and i can't get past it.  just comes off way to kitschy to me.