Author Topic: Record Store Day 4/19/14  (Read 44976 times)

Yada

Re: Record Store Day 4/19/14
« Reply #105 on: April 22, 2014, 11:32:09 am »
i should disclaimer i'm not a movie guy (maybe watch 1 to 3 movies every year, total), so when it comes to what to watch, old movies interest me not at all.

don't care about paul newman, don't care how classic something is... it's bad audio and video quality and i can't get past it.  just comes off way to kitschy to me.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2014, 11:33:42 am »

don't care how classic something is.

How classic it is matters not...in fact i'm not even sure what that means.  It's about a great story, a good script, well written and well acted characters, good sets, music, all the things that we appreciate in movies from any era.

I get that you don't like movies though.

ggw

« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2014, 11:34:42 am »
I don't like old movies.

Do you like movies about gladiators?

stevewizzle

« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2014, 11:43:52 am »
don't care how classic something is.
How classic it is matters not...in fact i'm not even sure what that means.  It's about a great story, a good script, well written and well acted characters, good sets, music, all the things that we appreciate in movies from any era.

I get that you don't like movies though.

just repeating a common argument i hear. if i want a good story, i'm more likely to find a book, a podcast, or tv show that entertains me a lot more than a movie ever would.

stevewizzle

« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2014, 11:45:10 am »
i should disclaimer i'm not a movie guy (maybe watch 1 to 3 movies every year, total), so when it comes to what to watch, old movies interest me not at all.

don't care about paul newman, don't care how classic something is... it's bad audio and video quality and i can't get past it.  just comes off way to kitschy to me.

i'm not sure i understand the context of this gif, since i have no clue what movie it's from.  ???

Hexenjagd

« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2014, 12:08:57 pm »
Why does anyone on here care care what anybody else likes?  Music, movies, tv shows, or whatever; we all have different tastes. I don't like a lot of music that I am sure a lot of people on here like; including the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Queens of the Stone Age (and I am NOT listing these to start an argument, just saying we are all DIFFERENT). 

SO?  AND?  It matters to you because?   ::)

I do not like old movies.  I base this off of the DVD collection that I bought over a ten year period (I do not buy movies anymore).  The oldest movie in my collection (which used to be over 600, but I sold a bit and am now around 500) of movies that I consider to be my FAVORITE movies of all time, is Easy Rider.

And I have seen PLENTY of old movies too (and didn't enjoy most of them), so that also factored into my statement.

Now can we either start a movie thread, go back to talking about RSD exclusives, or just drop this?

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:14:15 pm by Hexenjagd »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2014, 12:22:38 pm »
people care, because they want to relate.  people care, because they want to be better than you.  people care, because they want to have something to talk about.  people care, because they are incomplete.  people care, because they got nothing else better to do.  people care, because they want to learn something new.  people care, because they are obsessed with perfection.  people care, because they listen to what society tells them to.  people care, because they lack something to hold onto that is theirs to call their own in their lives.  people care, because its good to have emotion.

ggw

« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2014, 12:26:29 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2014, 12:30:17 pm »
Why does anyone on here care care what anybody else likes?  Music, movies, tv shows, or whatever; we all have different tastes. I don't like a lot of music that I am sure a lot of people on here like; including the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Queens of the Stone Age (and I am NOT listing these to start an argument, just saying we are all DIFFERENT). 

SO?  AND?  It matters to you because?   ::)

I do not like old movies.  I base this off of the DVD collection that I bought over a ten year period (I do not buy movies anymore).  The oldest movie in my collection (which used to be over 600, but I sold a bit and am now around 500) of movies that I consider to be my FAVORITE movies of all time, is Easy Rider.

And I have seen PLENTY of old movies too (and didn't enjoy most of them), so that also factored into my statement.

Now can we either start a movie thread, go back to talking about RSD exclusives, or just drop this?

while other people shouldn't care, you probably shouldn't care so much about the people that do care. or care so much about staying on topic.

does this require a meta tag?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2014, 12:38:30 pm »
people care, because they want to relate.  people care, because they want to be better than you.  people care, because they want to have something to talk about.  people care, because they are incomplete.  people care, because they got nothing else better to do.  people care, because they want to learn something new.  people care, because they are obsessed with perfection.  people care, because they listen to what society tells them to.  people care, because they lack something to hold onto that is theirs to call their own in their lives.  people care, because its good to have emotion.
So what you are saying is that people are sheep?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #115 on: April 22, 2014, 12:39:25 pm »
well . . . people are lost and are controlled by dogs.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #116 on: April 22, 2014, 12:40:32 pm »
while other people shouldn't care, you probably shouldn't care so much about the people that do care. or care so much about staying on topic.

does this require a meta tag?
I don't care.  I was curious as to why others cared. 

As for staying on topics: we cant have complete anarchy around these parts.  Or why not just have a chat room instead of a message board?

Yada

« Reply #117 on: April 22, 2014, 12:44:32 pm »

i'm not sure i understand the context of this gif, since i have no clue what movie it's from.  ???

pull your head out of your brewing kit... I watch about the same amount of movies you do a year and I even know where that gif is from.

Yada

« Reply #118 on: April 22, 2014, 12:44:42 pm »

D+

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2014, 12:47:33 pm »
your grade lacks, conviction.