Author Topic: Record Store Day 4/19/14  (Read 44892 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Record Store Day 4/19/14
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2014, 04:20:02 pm »
Dance off time
T.Rex

Hexenjagd

« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »
Damn, you are old dad.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2014, 04:21:54 pm »
And Beach House bores me.  Nothing to do with their level of popularity.  Do you think I listen to music based off of how many people like them?  I don't.  One of my favorite artists is Neil Diamond, one of the greatest and most popular singer-songwriters/badasses of all time.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2014, 04:22:41 pm »
Maybe we can hang at Byran Ferry and swap stories.  Or have that dance off that was requested.  I might win.  I got some moves.

atomic

« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »
And Beach House bores me.  Nothing to do with their level of popularity.  Do you think I listen to music based off of how many people like them?  I don't.  One of my favorite artists is Neil Diamond, one of the greatest and most popular singer-songwriters/badasses of all time.

Well at least we can both agree on the greatness that is Neal Diamond.  Although the Jazz Singer was an awful movie.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2014, 04:30:46 pm »
Well at least we can both agree on the greatness that is Neal Diamond.  Although the Jazz Singer was an awful movie.

Well, it is old.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »
Its from 1980.  Which is within my "Easy Rider to present" preference.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2014, 04:35:58 pm »

Uh I am the one who went to all the floristree, soft house, other diy venues.  See local bands at metro gallery, ottobar, windup space, have been seeing local bands since the early 80's at venues that weren't advertised.  When you go to as many local shows as I have been to let me know.  Saw them at places like Marble Bar, Our House, Eutaw Street Clubhouse ...where were you?  Wait a second you probably weren't even born when I started going to DIY venues.  Do you remember bands like Reptile House, Cloaca, Grey March, Bangah, Cabal, Beyond Words, Monkey Spank?   Probably not.  Don't act like you support more local bands than me because you saw Celebration a few times.  Everyone has seen Celebration a ton of times.

What you don't like Beach House?  Too popular for you?  I saw Beach House when they had 30 fans at their shows.  So yeah I supported them.   I love their music.  I have probably seen Wye Oak a dozen times.  I have even seen crappy bands like the Thrushes several times.  

Holy crap Atomic just totally out-scened the entire human race.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 04:38:00 pm by chaz »

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2014, 04:40:37 pm »
This whole thing is starting to remind me of Stay Positive by The Hold Steady.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2014, 04:46:06 pm »

Uh I am the one who went to all the floristree, soft house, other diy venues.  See local bands at metro gallery, ottobar, windup space, have been seeing local bands since the early 80's at venues that weren't advertised.  When you go to as many local shows as I have been to let me know.  Saw them at places like Marble Bar, Our House, Eutaw Street Clubhouse ...where were you?  Wait a second you probably weren't even born when I started going to DIY venues.  Do you remember bands like Reptile House, Cloaca, Grey March, Bangah, Cabal, Beyond Words, Monkey Spank?   Probably not.  Don't act like you support more local bands than me because you saw Celebration a few times.  Everyone has seen Celebration a ton of times.

What you don't like Beach House?  Too popular for you?  I saw Beach House when they had 30 fans at their shows.  So yeah I supported them.   I love their music.  I have probably seen Wye Oak a dozen times.  I have even seen crappy bands like the Thrushes several times.  

I have seen Celebration not at all.  I don't even know what they sound like.  And I may be the only person who thinks Beach House is BORING and Future Islands sounds like really bad 80's music.  Or maybe it's because I'm old and miss bands who play real rock.

atomic

« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2014, 04:48:37 pm »

I have seen Celebration not at all.  I don't even know what they sound like.  And I may be the only person who thinks Beach House is BORING and Future Islands sounds like really bad 80's music.  Or maybe it's because I'm old and miss bands who play real rock.

You mean like KIX? 

hutch

« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2014, 07:39:46 pm »

Well at least we can both agree on the greatness that is Neal Diamond. 

so great you can't even spell his name?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2014, 11:14:04 am »
I have seen Celebration not at all.  I don't even know what they sound like.
I love Celebration.

You can listen to/download their 2011 album for Pay What You Want.
http://celebration.bandcamp.com/album/hello-paradise-2

One of my favorite live music memories is sitting down on the floor of a recording studio in Baltimore with about 15 other people, watching them record this: http://www.mobtownstudios.com/projects/celebration-microshow/
video from that (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsS3N9x4sE4)
Celebration at Farm Fest

atomic

« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2014, 11:25:23 am »

Well at least we can both agree on the greatness that is Neal Diamond. 

so great you can't even spell his name?

I was driving in the car last night with the wife and the Monkees came on the Sirius Radio and it was "A little bit me.. a little bit you".  And I was like Neil Diamond stole everything he ever did from a Monkees song.  Then I looked it up and he wrote it. 

K8teebug

« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2014, 12:37:08 pm »

Did you go to his last show at Verizon?  It was awesome.