Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286251 times)

atomic

What was your first Ween experience?  Explain the first time you listened to something that wasn't "Pushing little daisies" and realized they didn't have any other good songs?

atomic

I was planning to listen to each Ween album and give you a track by track synopsis of why I hate them. But I don't think I will make it through the first album.

Listening to "La Cucaracha" album now.  First song "Fiesta" wasn't bad.  An upbeat instrumental.  The second "Blue Balloon" was terrible.  Awful monotone voice.  Third song slighty not as bad.  But awful vocal stylings stick out. "Friends" has an awful lyrics.  Annoying keyboards.

i am gay and i like cats

take drugs; relisten; repeat.

atomic

I think Beavis and Butthead gave the best review of Ween:  "they suck"  ...  "These guys have no future"

Hexenjagd

How was the show?

hutch

I wouldn't expect an early report...

;D

atomic

Ween dude must have been really awful last night.  No one who went mentioned it today.

atomic

Should I start a new thread to post how much I hate Jeff Tweedy or should I just post it in the Just Announced thread?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
meh.  just put it here.

atomic

meh.  just put it here.

Maybe I should put it in the beer thread?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
meh.  just put it here.

Is that a question.

atomic

meh.  just put it here.

Is that a question.

Or maybe in a new thread about the Clash?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
The first of two or three times I saw Ween was in probably 1991 or 2 and they came out, just the two of them and played don't get to close to my fantasy.  It was jut Gene and Dean and massive amounts of vocals, drums, bass all piped in from a tape.  I thought it was hilarious.  What a fun show.

After that they had a live rhythm section, Andrew Weiss and Sim Cain who were totally awesome, but I just didn't think the shows were as good or as fun anymore.

ugh...is there a way to block atomic
his posts are truly cluttering the place up with useless drivel that really adds nothing
I guess it's just easier to make lame statements about bands you really know nothing about then actually write something about a band you like?
Atomic, Please create a thread of the bands you like and why you like them...then the rest of the board can go and rip your commentary/opinions to shreds.

back to the program.

The Dean Ween Group was a fantastic show
It was nice that they mixed up the DWG songs with the dean'ers classic Ween songs
(Piss Up A Rope,  A Tear For Eddie, and My Own Bare Hands)
Guy did killer vocals on  Gabrielle blog (probably one of my fav songs from ween)

Didn't know any of the new DWG songs, but this one stood out was: I?m Gonna Get High
Guy is a great front man. The dual guitars and awesome bass by DD made it a really fun set.

The ottobar is one of my favorite venues to see a show.

I didn't see Chaz (never really made plans to meet) or other boarders, but seems some were there (heather?) Wasn't the same without Hutch there, I know he would have liked this one

some great photos from the show

Also this was pretty cool to see from the band the next morning:
The Dean Ween Group

We could have never in a million years expected the reception and love we got last night at the Ottobar. It was like a hundred dreams fulfilled simultaneously. The crowd was exceptional and psyched and giving, and the band----I can't say enough about Ray, Dave, Joe, and Guy. It was a beautiful experience all the way through, the staff at the Ottobar was fantastic (they let us smoke and have the run of the place) and none of it would have been possible w/o Mel Yukna---her work led to a sold-out show (in advance). What a way to kick off the start of a new band. There's not much more I can say except a sincere thank you to everyone, from the crowd, to the staff, to the band..........again, thank you!

Also found this interview he recently did Deaner talks
Q:There were a number of Ween songs in the Dean Ween Group?s set at John and Peter?s. How has it been for you, revisiting those songs in this new context?
A: We actually are only playing a few right now, and they?re just the ones I don?t mind doing. At first I thought I had to separate myself from those songs, but then I realized that I wanted to embrace them. I spent over 25 years in Ween and there?s no reason to pretend that it never happened and I am totally super proud of what we did. Those songs mean a lot to me and to the fans, they want to hear them and I want to play them so that?s that really
slack

Yada

ugh...is there a way to block atomic
his posts are truly cluttering the place up with useless drivel that really adds nothing
I guess it's just easier to make lame statements about bands you really know nothing about then actually write something about a band you like?
Atomic, Please create a thread of the bands you like and why you like them...then the rest of the board can go and rip your commentary/opinions to shreds.

back to the program.

The Dean Ween Group was a fantastic show
It was nice that they mixed up the DWG songs with the dean'ers classic Ween songs
(Piss Up A Rope,  A Tear For Eddie, and My Own Bare Hands)
Guy did killer vocals on  Gabrielle blog (probably one of my fav songs from ween)

Didn't know any of the new DWG songs, but this one stood out was: I?m Gonna Get High
Guy is a great front man. The dual guitars and awesome bass by DD made it a really fun set.

The ottobar is one of my favorite venues to see a show.

I didn't see Chaz (never really made plans to meet) or other boarders, but seems some were there (heather?) Wasn't the same without Hutch there, I know he would have liked this one

some great photos from the show

Also this was pretty cool to see from the band the next morning:
The Dean Ween Group

We could have never in a million years expected the reception and love we got last night at the Ottobar. It was like a hundred dreams fulfilled simultaneously. The crowd was exceptional and psyched and giving, and the band----I can't say enough about Ray, Dave, Joe, and Guy. It was a beautiful experience all the way through, the staff at the Ottobar was fantastic (they let us smoke and have the run of the place) and none of it would have been possible w/o Mel Yukna---her work led to a sold-out show (in advance). What a way to kick off the start of a new band. There's not much more I can say except a sincere thank you to everyone, from the crowd, to the staff, to the band..........again, thank you!

Also found this interview he recently did Deaner talks
Q:There were a number of Ween songs in the Dean Ween Group?s set at John and Peter?s. How has it been for you, revisiting those songs in this new context?
A: We actually are only playing a few right now, and they?re just the ones I don?t mind doing. At first I thought I had to separate myself from those songs, but then I realized that I wanted to embrace them. I spent over 25 years in Ween and there?s no reason to pretend that it never happened and I am totally super proud of what we did. Those songs mean a lot to me and to the fans, they want to hear them and I want to play them so that?s that really

I posted in one of the many other Ween threads on the board right now, but I thought the show ripped. Very exciting to see Deaner again!