Author Topic: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.  (Read 286551 times)

Yada

So, are these guys like Phish or something?

No.

Yada

pretty nice aud recording of the Bend Mollusk show.

https://archive.org/details/ween2017-07-01.flac16

Kemosabe

Thanks, that was a good read.  I got both the Mollusk and 12 Golden Country Greats at the time of their release and they were my introduction to the band and still are my favorite records by them.

Yada

Thanks, that was a good read.  I got both the Mollusk and 12 Golden Country Greats at the time of their release and they were my introduction to the band and still are my favorite records by them.

You're welcome. I'd have to say I agree with you, however I have a special place in my heart for Pure Guava and Chocolate and Cheese as well.

herman otto

Pure Guava and Chocolate and Cheese . . . are the best.

The, end.

hutch

From chocolate to white pepper it is perfect for me...one of the stronges, longest and most consistent runs...

I cannot stand quebec...the rot set in there..i tried again with quebec before the pier 6 show...what a let down album...like

Rush. -  hold your fire
new order - republic
cure - wild mood swings
gnr - use your illusions

and other albums i wanted to love by bands i was really into that lost their mojo.

FAct it is hard to maintain a run...ween did it as good as anyone....

Yada

From chocolate to white pepper it is perfect for me...one of the stronges, longest and most consistent runs...

That's only a three album run, which really isn't that long...

I'd add Pure Guava pre Chocolate and Cheese as well as White Pepper... I don't get your hate of Quebec (Zoloft, Transdermal Celebration, Tried and True, Happy Colored Marbles, Chocolate Town, and The Argus are all classics), but I'd argue to add that to the list which would make this a six album run of perfection!

That's only a three album run, which really isn't that long...
94 C&C (I have never liked Spirit of 76 tho...)
96 12 GCG
97 Mollusk
99- Paintin' the town brown (I know it's just a live album, but one of the best and showed how awesome their live show was)
2000 - WP
2001 - Live in Toronto (great live set durring 12 GCG era)

Stubs live was good, but at that point I'd had enough
Quebec - it has a few good songs...would have made a solid 5 song EP

But they lost their mojo around 2003...and as far as recorded material...have yet to get it back
but with such an awesome live show and a back catalog from 92-2000 they have 100 songs they can play

Saw them live between 96-2003 about 7 times and every show was fantastic
shows recently have been fun, but just not the same 2+ hour boozy/druggy afair it was back then

That 20 year mollusk article was GREAT!
some great lines in there
The fact that we were on shrooms or liquid kinda goes without saying throughout the entire record. I can’t really remember.

We knew we had to have amazing artwork to go with this record. ... We thought of Storm Thorgerson from Hipgnosis, who did Dark Side Of The Moon, the Zeppelin records, and all the Floyd records. ... When Storm heard the record, he personally called me and said, “I didn’t know such a band existed.”

I couldn't agree with Storm more
slack

hutch

Chocolate. 
Country
mollusk
white pepper

Yada

Two nights of Ween at Stubb's on 11/2 and 11/3.

herman otto

45 minute,  LMLYP anticipated.

hutch

Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #658 on: August 25, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »
Bummed i cant ever make it to new hope for deaners weekly thing..just too much time

Yada

Re: Ween worst band ever? Discuss your thoughts about how awful Ween is here.
« Reply #659 on: August 29, 2017, 02:34:12 pm »
Bummed i cant ever make it to new hope for deaners weekly thing..just too much time

don't you drive to like Philly/Charlottesville for shows in an evening? Probably not much of a difference. You can do it!