Author Topic: Why use a ticketing service that can't handle public demand?  (Read 14079 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Why use a ticketing service that can't handle public demand?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 08:35:01 pm »
Now that this is all wrapped up, can we move on to complaining about the line at Starbucks? I mean, come on!  5 people ahead of me?!? What the hell were they thinking?

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 09:05:36 pm »
Now that this is all wrapped up, can we move on to complaining about the line at Starbucks? I mean, come on!  5 people ahead of me?!? What the hell were they thinking?

I just wonder why it is so hard these days to find just a plain old cup of coffee.  You know, one with no espresso, frappe, twist, sprinkles, flavoring, or whatnot.  Sad to think that one of the few places left where you can actually order and get coffee is waffle house! :)

FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 09:21:08 pm »
I'm not a coffee drinker, but why wouldn't you just make it yourself?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:26 pm »

I just wonder why it is so hard these days to find just a plain old cup of coffee.  You know, one with no espresso, frappe, twist, sprinkles, flavoring, or whatnot.  Sad to think that one of the few places left where you can actually order and get coffee is waffle house! :)

I don't drink coffee but I've thought that a fun experiment might be to go to a Starbucks or similar establish and simply (and obstinately) say "I'd like a cup of coffee, please." Politely respond to any of their questions about what kind and size with the same request, over and over again until served "a cup of coffee". See what you get.
😐 🎶

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »
I go to Starbucks almost daily and ask for a "medium coffee".  I've never had any issues.

stevewizzle

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »
I'm not a coffee drinker, but why wouldn't you just make it yourself?

you're right. if you're looking to drink a solid cup of coffee, a solid burr grinder, an aeropress, and a decently fresh bag of beans will go a long way.  unless you're looking for espresso-based drinks, there is no need to pay the premium at a coffee shop. drip coffee is drip coffee, no matter who makes it.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2014, 10:05:41 pm »
i was waiting in line at my local grocery store today and the woman with the three young children who looked disheveled and on edge was kind enough to apologize for the fact that she was using coupons and her kids were being crazy and she had to pay with half credit and part cash and it was taking her a long time and she thought i was getting upset and i smiled and helped her with her groceries and i told her that i was not a person who complains about having to wait and that i was jealous that she was saving so much money with her coupons and she was astonished that people could be so nice to each other and it made my day, that there interaction we had at that moment in time.

stevewizzle

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2014, 10:07:55 pm »
ratbastard... defender of all things undeserving of defense.

I didn't see anything that needed defending nor anything that was.

my mistake, you were just being an asshole.  sometimes its hard to decipher distinguish the two ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:53:16 am by stevewizzle »

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2014, 10:10:10 pm »
I go to Starbucks almost daily and ask for a "medium coffee".  I've never had any issues.

I guess they accommodate the old-schoolers. Of course, it used to be one size. How much for a medium "coffee"?
😐 🎶

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2014, 10:26:36 pm »

my mistake, you were just being an asshole.  sometimes its hard to decipher the two ;)

Whatever makes you happy, but i can promise you that when I am being an asshole you WILL know it! :)
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 10:29:50 pm »

I guess they accommodate the old-schoolers. Of course, it used to be one size. How much for a medium "coffee"?

The sizes at StarSmucks is one of the things I laugh at the most, that and that silly name that they call their coffee pourers in an attempt to make them feel like they better than the counter help at any other place.

http://illwillpress.com/CHC.html
FUKIT

stevewizzle

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2014, 01:13:38 am »

The sizes at StarSmucks is one of the things I laugh at the most, that and that silly name that they call their coffee pourers in an attempt to make them feel like they better than the counter help at any other place.

http://illwillpress.com/CHC.html

yeah, how dare them, trying to provide a name for their occupation.

stevewizzle

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 01:15:46 am »

my mistake, you were just being an asshole.  sometimes its hard to decipher the two ;)

Whatever makes you happy, but i can promise you that when I am being an asshole you WILL know it! :)

makes me happy? somewhere along reading this thread, i made a logical deduction that you were being an asshole.  nothing more than that. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 08:41:08 am »

I think you meant distinguish.

azaghal1981

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 09:26:01 am »

I don't drink coffee but I've thought that a fun experiment might be to go to a Starbucks or similar establish and simply (and obstinately) say "I'd like a cup of coffee, please." Politely respond to any of their questions about what kind and size with the same request, over and over again until served "a cup of coffee". See what you get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f_dxLiuXuw
احمد