Author Topic: Why use a ticketing service that can't handle public demand?  (Read 14073 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

azaghal1981

Re: Why use a ticketing service that can't handle public demand?
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 10:29:29 am »
DC has plenty of coffee shops that don't make you go through the bullshit Starbucks makes you go through. The coffee there is better, too.

Same with Richmond I'm sure, Ratbastard.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:34 am »
dont you know that we live in a society where people believe the theory that the more you spend on an item and the more complicated said item is to understand and grasp, the better it is?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 11:00:42 am »
dont you know that we live in a society where people believe the theory that the more you spend on an item and the more complicated said item is to understand and grasp, the better it is?
Go on...!!
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 11:25:23 am »
name one no name brand item that is actually better than the big name brand version of it?  i can only think of one off the top of my head.  walmart brand cookies.  i go to walmart just for these things, and to stare at people.  walmart has mastered the art of ripping off company products and making their own versions of them for food stamp prices.  they basically have every girl scout cookie, now, for about a dollar twenty five.  they have those chocolate marshmallow pinwheel cookies, where nabiscos version cost four dollars and fifty cents, for about one dollar fifty cents.  walmart destroys others because of things like this.  cookies are my weakness.

azaghal1981

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 11:32:35 am »
Every generic OTC drug.

Well equal, not better.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2014, 11:42:06 am »
or generic under the counter drugs as well.  i take a medication for a seizure disorder i have had for over fifteen years.  that medication is great, but costs four hundred dollars a month.  i switched to the generic version of it a few years ago, which i discovered is the exact same ingredients without the fancy name, and works exactly the same, for roughly fifty dollars a month.  i know people who down right refuse to take the generic version because they feel it is not the same.  hence, my original theory. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2014, 11:44:29 am »
ahh . . . i have another example of no name brand better than full strength brand.  the brand name of julian, is not as good as the no name brand, that is brian.  brian works better and faster, than julian. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2014, 11:52:22 am »
my mistake, you were just being an asshole.  sometimes its hard to decipher the two ;)

I think you meant distinguish.

/googles decipher

... oh.  fixed.

atomic

« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2014, 03:00:18 pm »
Every generic OTC drug.

Well equal, not better.

Actually that isn't true.  In Baltimore they used have a testing center where they paid you to volunteer to test the generics against the name brands so the generics could get approved.  But they were actually testing the name brand against the name brand.  I don't take prescription medicine so I really don't care that much but don't think generic medicines are as good as the original.

atomic

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »
Now that this is all wrapped up, can we move on to complaining about the line at Starbucks? I mean, come on!  5 people ahead of me?!? What the hell were they thinking?

I never understood the love of Starbucks.  Awful Coffee at high prices.  And the worse thing is when I go to real coffee shop and order a Machiato they tell me they only make it the tradtiional way.  And of course that is what I want.  But it is annoying to have to hear it at every real coffee shop.

I never understood why people like chain restaurants and stores so much. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2014, 03:04:34 pm »
name one no name brand item that is actually better than the big name brand version of it?  i can only think of one off the top of my head.  walmart brand cookies.  i go to walmart just for these things, and to stare at people.  walmart has mastered the art of ripping off company products and making their own versions of them for food stamp prices.  they basically have every girl scout cookie, now, for about a dollar twenty five.  they have those chocolate marshmallow pinwheel cookies, where nabiscos version cost four dollars and fifty cents, for about one dollar fifty cents.  walmart destroys others because of things like this.  cookies are my weakness.

peanut butter cups.  the trader joes and kirkland ones are delicious.  reese are also delicious, but i like trader joes version better.

stevewizzle

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2014, 03:05:53 pm »
Now that this is all wrapped up, can we move on to complaining about the line at Starbucks? I mean, come on!  5 people ahead of me?!? What the hell were they thinking?

I never understood the love of Starbucks.  Awful Coffee at high prices.  And the worse thing is when I go to real coffee shop and order a Machiato they tell me they only make it the tradtiional way.  And of course that is what I want.  But it is annoying to have to hear it at every real coffee shop.

I never understood why people like chain restaurants and stores so much. 

i ordered a machiatto for the first time yesterday at starbucks just yesterday and couldn't figure out what the fuck it was when i received it.  it was clearly a sugared up latte and it was terrible.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2014, 04:13:20 pm »
DC has plenty of coffee shops that don't make you go through the bullshit Starbucks makes you go through. The coffee there is better, too.

Same with Richmond I'm sure, Ratbastard.

Actually I am not that much of a coffee drinker.  Only at breakfast on the few occasions I eat breakfast away form home.  Go figure, its usually at a waffle house!
FUKIT

vansmack

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 04:27:43 pm »
I don't drink coffee, but when I pick up a cup for my roommate, I use an app to order ahead and it's waiting for for when I get there.  If I have the dog with me, they even bring it out to me.

You guys are doing it wrong.
27>34