Author Topic: Why use a ticketing service that can't handle public demand?  (Read 14089 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Why use a ticketing service that can't handle public demand?
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 04:33:10 pm »
I don't drink coffee, but when I pick up a cup for my roommate, I use an app to order ahead and it's waiting for for when I get there.  If I have the dog with me, they even bring it out to me.

You guys are doing it wrong.
This is apparently the closest we're going to get in this thread to discussing my urgent plea that 9:30 STOP THE INSANITY and get Passbook/scanable tickets as an option like every other venue on earth. Ticket stubs are environmentally irresponsible, and if I can't make some lower-class bouncer take notice of me having the latest in cell phone technology, then I don't even know what is the point of going to concerts in the first place.
LVMH

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 05:07:28 pm »
I go to Starbucks almost daily and ask for a "medium coffee".  I've never had any issues.

I guess they accommodate the old-schoolers. Of course, it used to be one size. How much for a medium "coffee"?

The sizes at StarSmucks is one of the things I laugh at the most, that and that silly name that they call their coffee pourers in an attempt to make them feel like they better than the counter help at any other place.

http://illwillpress.com/CHC.html

yeah, how dare them, trying to provide a name for their occupation.

If you think that has anything to do with OTHER than marketing (making the customers feel like their $14 cup of coffee is worth the price) you are more delusional that anyone here ever thought.  They are clerks.
FUKIT

Hexenjagd

« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 05:09:59 pm »
Wow.  Much exaggeration.   

Please show me where i can get a cup of coffee that costs $14?  I don't remember seeing any drink on the Starbucks menu even CLOSE to that.

stevewizzle

« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2014, 05:29:14 pm »
I go to Starbucks almost daily and ask for a "medium coffee".  I've never had any issues.

I guess they accommodate the old-schoolers. Of course, it used to be one size. How much for a medium "coffee"?

The sizes at StarSmucks is one of the things I laugh at the most, that and that silly name that they call their coffee pourers in an attempt to make them feel like they better than the counter help at any other place.

If you think that has anything to do with OTHER than marketing (making the customers feel like their $14 cup of coffee is worth the price) you are more delusional that anyone here ever thought.  They are clerks.

there are other coffee shops that exist beyond starbucks, and wouldn't you know, the people who serve coffee at those shops are called baristas too.

if someone was looking to serve coffee for a living, would you recommend that they search classifieds for a position as a 'clerk' or a 'barista' ?

and mentioning a $14 cup of coffee in the very same post you allude i'm delusional.... oh the irony.

atomic

« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 05:54:34 pm »
Now that this is all wrapped up, can we move on to complaining about the line at Starbucks? I mean, come on!  5 people ahead of me?!? What the hell were they thinking?

I never understood the love of Starbucks.  Awful Coffee at high prices.  And the worse thing is when I go to real coffee shop and order a Machiato they tell me they only make it the tradtiional way.  And of course that is what I want.  But it is annoying to have to hear it at every real coffee shop.

I never understood why people like chain restaurants and stores so much. 

i ordered a machiatto for the first time yesterday at starbucks just yesterday and couldn't figure out what the fuck it was when i received it.  it was clearly a sugared up latte and it was terrible.

A Machiatto is an espresso with a spot of steamed milk.  It doesn't come with sugar.  Latte is a bunch of steamed milk with a shot of espresso.

stevewizzle

« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 06:01:47 pm »
Now that this is all wrapped up, can we move on to complaining about the line at Starbucks? I mean, come on!  5 people ahead of me?!? What the hell were they thinking?

I never understood the love of Starbucks.  Awful Coffee at high prices.  And the worse thing is when I go to real coffee shop and order a Machiato they tell me they only make it the tradtiional way.  And of course that is what I want.  But it is annoying to have to hear it at every real coffee shop.

i ordered a machiatto for the first time yesterday at starbucks just yesterday and couldn't figure out what the fuck it was when i received it.  it was clearly a sugared up latte and it was terrible.

A Machiatto is an espresso with a spot of steamed milk.  It doesn't come with sugar.  Latte is a bunch of steamed milk with a shot of espresso.

right.  i was expecting the former, and got the latter with a crapload of caramel topping. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 06:38:13 pm »

there are other coffee shops that exist beyond starbucks, and wouldn't you know, the people who serve coffee at those shops are called baristas too.

if someone was looking to serve coffee for a living, would you recommend that they search classifieds for a position as a 'clerk' or a 'barista' ?

and mentioning a $14 cup of coffee in the very same post you allude i'm delusional.... oh the irony.

You can get your Phish tickets on CraigsList or StubHub.  Smoke another joint first though. 
FUKIT

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 07:31:38 pm »
This is apparently the closest we're going to get in this thread to discussing my urgent plea that 9:30 STOP THE INSANITY and get Passbook/scanable tickets as an option like every other venue on earth. Ticket stubs are environmentally irresponsible, and if I can't make some lower-class bouncer take notice of me having the latest in cell phone technology, then I don't even know what is the point of going to concerts in the first place.

Paper tickets are the vinyl of the concert industry. You can hug a digital ticket!  ;D
😐 🎶

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 08:20:29 pm »

Paper tickets are the vinyl of the concert industry. You can hug a digital ticket!  ;D
get off my lawn you damn hippie.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »

right.  i was expecting the former, and got the latter with a crapload of caramel topping. 

Sounds like you picked up the wrong drink. Sorry for your luck. And theirs.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2014, 11:38:50 pm »

$2.17 or $2.21 depending on which one I go to.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »
this is what happens, when you go, to starbucks.  poor satan, having to put up, with such foolishness

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/04/01/starbucks-barista-draws-satanic-symbols-in-coffee-foam/

stevewizzle

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2014, 02:36:33 pm »

Sounds like you picked up the wrong drink. Sorry for your luck. And theirs.

i picked up the right drink... starbucks just doesn't do traditional machiattos, and i didn't know that.  what they call a machiatto is essentially a sweeter latte.