Author Topic: JULIAN FOR MODERATOR MEGATHREAD  (Read 7611 times)

atomic

Re: JULIAN FOR MODERATOR MEGATHREAD
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2014, 03:17:56 pm »
As long as you promise to delete Ween(ie) posts you have my vote.

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 04:15:24 pm »
if you promise to delete his ^^ posts you have my vote too
slack

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2014, 04:19:26 pm »
As long as you promise to delete Ween(ie) posts you have my vote.

if you promise to delete his ^^ posts you have my vote too
I never thought building a coalition of support would be so easy!!  :o
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:21:29 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2014, 04:34:53 pm »
What if lock all those threads? #dirtytricks
T.Rex

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2014, 04:37:56 pm »
What if lock all those threads? #dirtytricks
whoa, whoa, whoa! No one is talking about you losing your position. We're talking about the vacant ThatGuy Memorial Moderator spot!

I, for one, would wholly welcome the privilege to be the Junior Moderator under your, and Eddie's, keen tutilege!
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2014, 04:41:59 pm »
can you direct me to your associated super pac so i can make a considerable contribution to your campaign?
Thank you for your kind offer, however I come out hard against soft money. Super hard.

I will be funding my own campaign so people can feel confident I am beholden to no special interests.

If you'd like some Julian for Moderator tshirts, stickers, or buttons to wear when at the club, I would love to get some out to you!

if you send me a t-shirt i'll travel the world with it and post pictures of where i've gone with it.
This is happening.

PMed

Hexenjagd

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2014, 04:45:35 pm »
Censorship talk already? Then hell no.

atomic

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 05:40:23 pm »
I do like the all caps for the thread title.  I might do that with all of my new threads.  Make them stand out from the riff-raff threads. I plan on starting 5 or 6 tommorow.  Luckily I saw this thread first.

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 05:43:12 pm »
Bring back Thirsty Moore. Even though he no longer lives in the area.

atomic

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »
Julian if you do become moderator could you have the board software updated?  We can't even create polls it appears.  If I am doing a "would you hit it thread?" it would be nice if there were polls.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 08:53:42 pm »
My friends: for years I have slaved along with you on 930.com, through good times and bad. It seems lately, the state of our fair messageboard has reached catastrophic lows, and remains under attack by enemies foreign and abroad. Spammers rain down hyperlinked blocks of text weekly that go unremoved for days at a time. Hijackers turn every thread into conversations about child rearing instead of starting their own topics. It seems obvious -- despite the valiant efforts of our current, hardworking moderators -- that the fact that our moderator ranks are somewhat depleted have led to this sorry state.

If there's any quality people attach with myself, its my willingness to self-sacrifice for the common good. I have long stood as a community organizer in our midst, listening for the best ideas people have and trying to stand as a beacon of quality posting. Recently, I have heard the cries for help from this community and realize that there is a greater way I can serve. It is therefore with the sincerest of motives, I call for a moderator election and offer my name in nomination. Julian, COMMUNITY ORGANIZER: reporting for duty!

Now, the time and effort required to oversee a Moderator campaign -- and possibly serve in that role if you, my fellow boardies, see fit -- will require me to shuffle around other messageboard responsibilities. I feel it essential that I continue in my work as a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER, creating content, serving as a guide for newer boardies, and being a sounding board for all the concerns of my all of my friends here. I have two plans to deal with this time crunch that I feel required to announce at this time. First, I will be bringing in an outside campaign staff to run the day to day operations of my campaign and oversee our synergy and advertising department. Second, I am going to have to discontinue Julian's America until such time as the elections (and my possible moderator term) is over. I simply feel the messageboard has bigger issues than I can solve through my aspirational editorializing. I feel this is the highest form of service I can offer to this community. As such, I want to make clear, I will not, if elected, accept any salary for my tenure as moderator.

Friends, as great as our community is, it can be even better! No one will fight harder to make our community better, bring moderator experience to the table from day one, and help us get post counts up better than myself. My chief of staff will be here shortly and looks forward to informing you all of the details of my platform, where you can get Julian for Moderator swag, and keep you all abreast of my campaign stops. And, as always, my Private Message Mailbox is always open.

I'll see you all at the polls in November!

This is a bad idea like the Boy George comeback tour.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 09:44:23 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 09:47:02 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2014, 10:28:18 pm »
This election ought not go uncontested.  For the people, I shall shut down all the META threads, heavily moderate the Julian, atomic and ratbastard accounts, and promptly delete the hacked posts.  What say you, netizens of Forum 930?

atomic

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2014, 10:40:18 pm »
This election ought not go uncontested.  For the people, I shall shut down all the META threads, heavily moderate the Julian, atomic and ratbastard accounts, and promptly delete the hacked posts.  What say you, netizens of Forum 930?

Sounds like the Grinch running for Santa Claus.