Author Topic: Au Pair  (Read 6102 times)

atomic

Au Pair
« on: April 04, 2014, 03:57:44 pm »
Hello Forum Members.   I was wondering if anyone has had an Au Pair.  What agency did you use.  How did it work out. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: Au Pair
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 04:13:16 pm »
We had a young lesbian living with us for about almost two years.  We did not go through an agency.  She was a student.  It worked out well, for the most part.  She was 19 when she moved in and didn't really want to be on her own yet.  Her family paid us 400 a month for her to stay with us (the space she had could prob be rented for at least 700).  She would be there when kids got home from school, take them where they need to go after school etc.  Basically just take care of them from like 4-6:30 3 or 4 days a week.  And if she didn't have plans she'd babysit at night if we wanted to go out.  She also pitched in with the pets and stayed with them for the entire weekend occasionally if we had to go out of town.  Kids were 8 and 10 then, so they needed less and less supervision as time went on.

It was pretty freaking fantastic actually.  She helped us out a ton and paid us 400 month to do it!  Actually her grandmother sent us the check, but no matter.

There were downsides.  She was much closer to their age than ours and I would forget that.  19-21 year olds can be very emotionally immature.  Her lesbian relationship drama got to be very tiresome.  She had no dad growing up and a lot of those insecure feelings about her dad got projected on to me sometimes.  And she had two cats that I couldn't stand.  Mind you, we already have 3 dogs and a cat so our house is basicallly a zoo anyway.  But god I hated those two cats.

Edit - It wasn't just take take take for us.  We did a lot for that girl.  I pretty much spoiled her a lot of the time like she was my own kid.  We were kind of a surrogate family for her.  But alas, all birdies must leave the nest at some point and eventually it was time for her to go out on her own.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:16:15 pm by chaz »

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 04:15:49 pm »
I would say the success/disaster ratio that I witnessed among my friends and neighbors was around 50/50, with the successes being fine and nice but that's kind of what they expected. The disasters ranged from au pairs who had no clue what they were doing and were more concerned with fucking around to full-blown affairs (two cases) which destroyed the families. I personally would not do an au pair because it's such a crapshoot but my anecdotal evidence is certainly not necessarily the norm.

My advice is and has always been -- hire a pleasantly plump Guatamalan nanny in her 50s who has raised her kids already and is in this country illegally so that she'll never get too uppity and your wife will never suspect any sexy shenanigans.
oword

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 04:17:16 pm »
I would say the success/disaster ratio that I witnessed among my friends and neighbors was around 50/50, with the successes being fine and nice but that's kind of what they expected. The disasters ranged from au pairs who had no clue what they were doing and were more concerned with fucking around to full-blown affairs (two cases) which destroyed the families. I personally would not do an au pair because it's such a crapshoot but my anecdotal evidence is certainly not necessarily the norm.

My advice is and has always been -- hire a pleasantly plump Guatamalan nanny in her 50s who has raised her kids already and is in this country illegally so that she'll never get too uppity and your wife will never suspect any sexy shenanigans.
Or just hire a young lesbian to avoid any sexual tension!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »
what, a creepy, concept.  human slavery, for on the go parenting.  they should sell them, at walmart.

atomic

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 04:25:26 pm »

Isn't that what Arnold Schwarzenegger did? 

atomic

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 04:25:49 pm »
what, a creepy, concept.  human slavery, for on the go parenting.  they should sell them, at walmart.

They get paid you silly man.

stevewizzle

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 04:29:12 pm »

who the fuck are you?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 04:30:48 pm »
GUYS, I SAID JULIANS AMERICA WAS DONE SO I CAN RUN FOR MODERATOR! STOP TEMPTING ME!!!
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »
Why have a baby if you're going to have a non-family member raise it?

hutch

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 05:11:45 pm »
^Everyone playing their roles to the hilt..

I do have to say lately I'm thinking Atomic is a made up character...until I ssee Atomic, Walkie and Julian in the same room at the same time I will remain skeptical!

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 05:20:00 pm »
I do have to say lately I'm thinking Atomic is a made up character...until I ssee Atomic, Walkie and Julian in the same room at the same time I will remain skeptical!
Im the #1 person on here community organizing meet ups. I welcome everyone to meet me at concerts as I am doing tonite. I cannot help atomic and Walkies unwillingness to follow suit. 
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 06:25:11 pm »
Hello Forum Members.   I was wondering if anyone has had an Au Pair.  What agency did you use.  How did it work out. 

I've had many an au pair.  I never used an agency.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »
Or just hire a young lesbian to avoid any sexual tension!

Please.  Established or I'll bring her back...
27>34

atomic

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 11:34:17 pm »
^Everyone playing their roles to the hilt..

Actually walkie, Julian, and myself are all real separate people.  Everyone else is Ratbastard and his multiple personalities.