Author Topic: Should I buy a gun?  (Read 8902 times)

atomic

Should I buy a gun?
« on: April 23, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »
I have never owned a gun.  I hear the AR-15 model with a silencer is all the rage.  I feel like I am less manly as I don't have a gun, a pick-up truck, and have never even gone hunting.  What guns do you guys own? 

stevewizzle

Re: Should I buy a gun?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:35 pm »
no

/thread

azaghal1981

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 04:27:23 pm »
The only person you might successfully troll with this thread is ratbastard and even he may not take the bait.
احمد

atomic

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:35:57 pm »
The only person you might successfully troll with this thread is ratbastard and even he may not take the bait.

Why do you consider all my threads trolling?  I was just asking for opinons.  I read this article that women prefer men who drive black pick-up trucks.  And I was like I have never owned a pick-up truck.  Then I saw this article about guns and how popular they are now and how silencers were the coolest thing that everyone had to have.  I was thinking maybe I was not manly enough.

I always was anti-gun but now with Putin attacking the Ukraine maybe I need one.

ggw

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »
Even I don't own a gun.

Which doesn't mean I don't like using a Berretta Over & Under when shooting clays.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:22 pm »
Just my love gun
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:59 pm »
I always was anti-gun but now with Putin attacking the Ukraine maybe I need one.

Is that you in the middle?

azaghal1981

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 04:42:00 pm »
احمد

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 04:42:26 pm »
1. Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth
2. Breeders - Happiness is a Warm Gun (cover)
3. Nirvana - Come As You Are
4. Cranberries - Zombie
5. Peter Gabriel - Family Snapshot
6. Bob Dylan - Masters of War
7. Jim Carrey - Cold Dead Hand
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:48:48 pm by grateful »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 04:45:48 pm »
Surely there are Ween songs about guns
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2014, 04:46:47 pm »
8.  Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner - Warren Zevon

atomic

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2014, 04:47:13 pm »
1. Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth
2. Breeders - Happiness is a Warm Gun (cover)
3. Nirvana - Come As You Are
4. Cranberries - Zombie
5. Peter Gabriel - Family Snapshot
6. Bob Dylan - Masters of War
7. Cold Dead Hand - Jim Carrey

Now that is the spirit.   I especially like "Happiness is a warm gun"  Bang Bang Shoot Shoot.  

stevewizzle

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »

Why do you consider all my threads trolling?  I was just asking for opinons.  I read this article that women prefer men who drive black pick-up trucks.  And I was like I have never owned a pick-up truck.  Then I saw this article about guns and how popular they are now and how silencers were the coolest thing that everyone had to have.  I was thinking maybe I was not manly enough.

okay, i'll bite.

there is nothing cool about owning a gun. statistics tend to suggest it's also stupid to own a gun, and that overall, more harm is done than good. i've never known anyone who saved their own life or any of their families lives by owning a gun.

i'd also say you're more of a man if you don't own a gun (and a pick up truck... for that matter).  it means you didn't buy into the stupidity and heroism that has carried over from the beginning of time, rather that you're an intelligent and evolved male member of our society.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:51:46 pm by stevewizzle »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2014, 04:57:55 pm »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2014, 06:20:24 pm »

okay, i'll bite.

there is nothing cool about owning a gun. statistics tend to suggest it's also stupid to own a gun, and that overall, more harm is done than good. i've never known anyone who saved their own life or any of their families lives by owning a gun.

i'd also say you're more of a man if you don't own a gun (and a pick up truck... for that matter).  it means you didn't buy into the stupidity and heroism that has carried over from the beginning of time, rather that you're an intelligent and evolved male member of our society.  

My god I think my IQ just went down to 140.  I better go out and read This Book quickly to get it back to its normal point.
FUKIT