Author Topic: The Album Showdown Thread  (Read 18328 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Album Showdown Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2014, 01:36:55 pm »

vs.

Its like the battle for the 6th best Beatles LP lol. This is actually pretty close. I'll vote Abbey Road.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2014, 01:37:27 pm »
should have been the white album vs abbey road

That would have been boring.  White Album is obviously way better than Abbey Road.  

atomic

« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2014, 01:38:18 pm »
I say Let it Be.  The overproduction on Abbey Road kind of kills it for me. 

« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2014, 01:41:15 pm »
Let It Be was so overproduced they released a stripped down version of it! They're both massively overproduced.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2014, 01:42:51 pm »

vs.

Its like the battle for the 6th best Beatles LP lol. This is actually pretty close. I'll vote Abbey Road.

ha when i read this post i thought...ATOMIC

are you kidding me? Abbey Road is like their best album...let it be close to their worst..

atomic

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2014, 01:45:25 pm »
Let It Be was so overproduced they released a stripped down version of it! They're both massively overproduced.

"Two of Us"  , "Maggie May"  and "Accross the Universe" are not overproduced at all.  And the single version of "Across the Universe' was way overproduced.  Paul McCarntney just had that version put out because he didn't do the overproduction.  I think Phil Spector did great with that album along with George Harrison's All things must pass' and John Lennon's "Imagine".  If you were going to do a naker version of an album Sgt Pepper would be the one to do.

atomic

« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2014, 01:46:06 pm »

vs.

are you kidding me? Abbey Road is like their best album...let it be close to their worst..

Sgt Pepper is their worst. 

atomic

« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2014, 01:48:57 pm »
I would go with the Queen is Dead but I have to say all the Smiths albums are great.... maybe the only ones i'm not as into are the collection of singles and b-sides..

I truly even love the last one so much.. i might pick the queen is dead because the boy with the thorn in his side is really hard to top but.......i like them all... meat is murder

the smiths where the last perfect band

belle and sebastian looked like they could do it but then they became a really bad joke.. there has been no band since the smiths with that perfect track record..

The last Smiths album was pretty bad.  Musically and lyrically.  I actually like some of Morrissey's early solo albums better than it.  Anyway the longer you go the harder it is to keep up a perfect record.  Depeche Mode kept it up longer than the Smiths.   Also,  I like the older Belle and Sebastian records better than the earlier ones.  Everyone except the last one was excellant though.  But they pretty much sound the same.  They aren't breaking new musical ground with each album and song.  

I think its very easy to make the argument that Morrissey kept a clean sheet from the Smiths until Vauxhall.. i think that is about 10 years... astonishing..

and all you Kill Uncle haters blow me.. I love that album.

I remember the first time I heard a Smiths song "What difference does it make"  in 1984 and how much I loved it.  I don't know if you can love a new song as much when you are in your late 40's as much as when you are 19. 

hutch

« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2014, 01:49:22 pm »

vs.

Sgt Pepper is their worst. 

oh god i agree with this...kill me now

well, no, wait til i finish this beer...

« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2014, 01:51:34 pm »

vs.

Revolver > White Album > Sgt Peppers > Rubber Soul > Magic Mystery Tour > Abbey Road > Beatles For Sale > Let It Be ...
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2014, 01:58:05 pm »
honestly my opinion varies day to day on the white album...and i wouldn't ignore their first few albums either..

but i'm outta here....adios amigos...

atomic

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2014, 02:01:00 pm »

vs.

Revolver > White Album > Sgt Peppers > Rubber Soul > Magic Mystery Tour > Abbey Road > Beatles For Sale > Let It Be ...

Magical Mystery Tour isn't an album.  It was 5 song EP I believe.  The new release (us version) has singles added to it.  Like the Sgt Pepper era single Stawberry Fields/Penny Lane plus the non-album single All you need is love/Baby your a rich man

If you ever have an opportunity to see the movie Magical Mystery Tour.  Don't!!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2014, 02:03:30 pm »
somebody needs, to rank, the monkees albums . . . stat

atomic

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2014, 02:11:13 pm »
somebody needs, to rank, the monkees albums . . . stat

Just look at the release date.  The older the album the better it is.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2014, 02:13:14 pm »
Anyone need a copy of Crooked Rain on vinyl?
Well, if you're giving it away, sure.

Indeed, I am.