Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 41900 times)

Yada

Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2017, 10:53:34 am »
SO.................worth a watch? Didn't realize I didn't have Showtime until last night brahz.

K8teebug

« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2017, 12:26:12 pm »
SO.................worth a watch? Didn't realize I didn't have Showtime until last night brahz.

It's the best show ever. Many shows owe Twin Peaks everything. Also on netflix if you need to catch up!

herman otto

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2017, 12:31:05 pm »
I believe, next Sunday, when the new season airs you will be able to go to Amazon Prime and order the whole series or per episode, at a cost.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2017, 12:55:08 pm »
twin peaks was filmed in north bend, WA.

i now live in north bend, WA.

make of that what you will...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 12:58:28 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

herman otto

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2017, 01:05:36 pm »
I spent nine days in Washington state a long time ago. I wanted to move there desperately. It was all because of Twin Peaks. I had to live in the same state that Twin Peaks was based from. Even though I toured around the entire State and loved everything I saw, it rained every f****** day I was there. On the last day when we were about to leave the Sun finally came out, and I believe I actually saw people dancing in their yards as if Jesus had returned to Earth.

I decided not to move there.

Yada

« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2017, 01:28:16 pm »

It's the best show ever. Many shows owe Twin Peaks everything. Also on netflix if you need to catch up!

oh shoot... I thought last night was the premeire of the new season... Maybe I'll order ShowTime in time for next Sunday!

Confession: I was a member of the Twin Peaks club in college.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2017, 05:10:53 pm »
I saw it when it was first broadcast and not since then. Loved it. Amazon Prime has it for streaming so I'll soon reintroduce myself to it.

26 years since I've seen it. Kids have been born and had their own kids.
😐 🎶

K8teebug

« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2017, 09:31:07 am »
I'm going to Snoqualmie/North Bend/Bainbridge in three weeks. Been there before, but excited to see the RR all fixed up!

K8teebug

« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2017, 09:33:39 am »
Confession: I still have all my newspaper and magazine articles from when it aired in the 90's. And I have the trading cards. And I have the VHS tapes and all the iterations of DVD/Blu Ray. And I yelled at the movie ticket person to let me in to see Fire Walk with Me when I was only 13/14 (and she did), and I got all the pop figures, and I may have bought a log lady outfit for Sunday and also my favorite local bakery's cherry pie.

And it's also why I've been drinking super strong black coffee since I was 13.

So...yeah (and I bought a bunch of the t-shirts from Showtime and also a lunch box because it's all just too irresistible right now).

*dork*

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2017, 02:42:58 pm »
Why Twin Peaks Is Not the Series We?ve Convinced Ourselves It Was
http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-is-not-the-show-weve-convinced-ourselves-it-was.html
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2017, 03:36:25 pm »
Why Twin Peaks Is Not the Series We?ve Convinced Ourselves It Was
http://www.vulture.com/2017/05/twin-peaks-is-not-the-show-weve-convinced-ourselves-it-was.html

This author is very annoying. I think what annoys me the most about articles like this is that is so much re-tread of what everyone knows. YES, Season 2 was not as good. YES, they were pressured into revealing the killer. YES, David Lynch was busy and not as involved. and on and on and on.

WHY can't people just enjoy the awesomeness that this show was overall? Is every episode of every show perfect? No it is not. But, it is all we have convinced ourselves it was. Because it was the first. And because many of those episodes are some of the best tv ever made. A great experiment, a great risk. I can't wait to see what wonderful and strange things await us all on Sunday night. And I'm so glad it will be a surprise.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2017, 03:37:42 pm »
I would like to deny the rumours that I am in the reboot. David and I couldn't come to terms on the conditions of my trailer. Sad!
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2017, 03:38:18 pm »
Also clearly this person did not watch Inland Empire, which was awesome.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2017, 03:42:08 pm »
Also clearly this person did not watch Inland Empire, which was awesome.
I rewatched Inland Empire for the first time in 5+ years a few weeks back and found it hard to get though. Not as good as I remembered. Sad!
LVMH

herman otto

« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2017, 10:54:12 pm »
WELL . . . .