Author Topic: META: Boardie Non-Denominational Secret Gift Exchange Spectacular 2014  (Read 16121 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
This spreading of joy and camaraderie is really coming together!
LVMH

K8teebug

I'm in for something!

StoneTheCrow

Hmm.....

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
In an ironic twist, I received a $1,000 check in the mail yesterday due to an escrow overage.

K8teebug

I wish that would also happen to me. 

So if I sign up, I have to give a thoughtful gift to (possibly) a complete stranger?
thoughtFUL? No. Should you put some thought into it? Yes. Is it really that hard to buy something for a regular on here? Worst case scenario: 930 Club gift card.

Gift Cards are lame.  If I wanted a gift card I would just buy it myself.   I like cars.  The Maserati that ggw has is nice.  Someone can get me one of those or maybe GGW could give me his.  Whatever works best.
Youre free to include a dos and donts list with your address that I'll pass along to whomever draws you, if you sign up.

Sadly ggw's Maserati probably exceeds the $1,000 limit. :(

this one might be eligible
slack

So great to see more people sign up this morning! Let's keep it going!
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

i forgot . . . how do you, sign up

i forgot . . . how do you, sign up
You PM me the mailing address you want your gift mailed to.
LVMH

Got Haggis?

why address only?  anyway i'm in

why address only?  anyway i'm in
Someone mentioned on page two that they did not want to give out their name for some reason. If you think it's weird to have mail come to your house/work with your board name, you can include your real name.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

Why is everyone so scared that people know their real names and what people look like?  Do you all not use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or meet up in person?

Yada

Why is everyone so scared that people know their real names and what people look like?  Do you all not use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or meet up in person?

I've seen internet messageboard rage hit some high levels over the years and while I don't expect anyone would cross that line here (not to say it hasn't happened in the past), I do suspect one or two posters could/would.

Handing out my address to a bunch of strangers doesn't seem like a good idea.

I really could not foresee anyone on here doing anything shady with people's addresses.
LVMH

Got Haggis?

oh yeah, i post on a message board where a group of posters take it upon themselves to 'next' people, going as far to post google map images of their houses, real names, etc.  A few of them have even tracked down their place of employment and called their work....all pretty fucked up and creepy.  although in once case, it was appropriate (he was taking hidden photos of women that would come into his work (toys r us) and posting them on said messageboard).