Author Topic: iota?  (Read 1468 times)

yinzer

iota?
« on: November 14, 2006, 09:15:00 am »
does it routinely sell out in a hurry?  what is its capacity?

bikerchickdc

Re: iota?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 11:33:00 am »
It really depends on who is playing. I've seen Iota sell out in about 20 minutes with a long line of people turned away.  The Pietasters show (I think that was last winter but I have no concept of time)was one of those. Kids were in line at about noon for that one.  Most of the bands I see at Iota don't sell out but it is a pretty small space.  Iota, in my opinion, is rarely in the middle--- either the show is very sold out or not too crowded at all. I wish I could be more specific but it totally depends on who's playing. If you really, really, really don't want to miss the show, go as early as you can, get your ticket, then go to the cafe side and have dinner or a snack. Their food is quite good and reasonably priced, and beats staring at the walls waiting for a band to go on.

jbcapati

Re: iota?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
You can also go early, pay for your entry and get stamped, then go grab a bite to eat out in Clarendon before coming back for the show.

I've never had a problem getting in.  For shows that eventually sell out, I noticed that generally, getting there an hour before the set time will suffice.