Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 288485 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #975 on: September 29, 2021, 10:18:10 am »
Googoosh at the DAR....is that some weird Ween Coverband?!

Yes!

Faegheh Atashin, known professionally as Googoosh, is an Iranian singer and actress, and one of Iran's most popular and enduring entertainers, whose career spans over 60 years. Googoosh has enjoyed significant popularity since the beginning of her career, ultimately becoming a cultural icon inside Iran and abroad.

Born: May 5, 1950 (age 71 years), Tehran, Iran
Height: 5′ 1″

(errrr, no)

Yada

« Reply #976 on: September 29, 2021, 10:21:05 am »
Like I like TAB with horns

would be into that but not Trey solo or TAB without horns

think you might make an argument that yesterday’s show needed to go on cause the news about the drummer was so last minute

Canceling sucks though… I think “the show must go on” is a pretty established idea…the issue is when the “show” becomes too different

I expect a postponement or cancellation of the Anthem show but who knows?

The covid could spread to the entire band…even Trey

It’s a crummy situation

It's no lie that I lap up everything Trey related and actually like TAB without horns.... dirtier/rockier than adding the horn flavor, but changing to acoustic in a GA massive room like the Anthem is just not acceptable.

I also am 100% confused on protocol at this point for basically anything and really don't understand it. I mean, at this point 25% of his band has covid (while all vaxxed) and he's putting himself at risk as well as anyone else in his stratosphere... Additionally, Phish tour starts in two weeks which is a whole other can of worms and protocol. Anyway, shut it down and give me my $$$ back!

Yada

« Reply #977 on: September 29, 2021, 11:29:57 am »
Wow... and Jon Fishman has been added to the line up as the drummer.

The show must go on!

Starsky

« Reply #978 on: September 29, 2021, 11:36:29 am »
Ok then!

Starsky

« Reply #979 on: September 29, 2021, 11:51:31 am »
Wow... and Jon Fishman has been added to the line up as the drummer.

The show must go on!

There goes Friday night

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #980 on: September 29, 2021, 01:15:24 pm »
All Flock of Dimes shows cancelled. Was 10/7 (Thursday) at Ottobar.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #981 on: September 30, 2021, 02:22:24 am »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #982 on: September 30, 2021, 02:38:14 am »
Blue Ridge Country Festival is no longer happening this weekend due to COVID-19
https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2021/09/27/blue-ridge-country-music-festival-is-no-longer-happening-this-weekend-due-to-covid-19/

the fest is postponed from Oct 1-3 (this weekend!) to May 13-15.  it will be held at the Blue Ridge Ampitheater in Pittsylvania County, VA.  looks like there was some controversy over the reason for the postponement, which led to:

Questions about Blue Ridge Country Festival cancellation addressed by organizer
https://wset.com/news/local/questions-about-blue-ridge-country-festival-cancellation-addressed-by-organizer-pittsylvania-county-virginia-purpose-driven-events-jonathan-slye
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #983 on: September 30, 2021, 09:18:51 am »
Sturgill missing the last two Outlaw Music Festival shows with a "scratchy throat."

Stock falling.

Officially ruptured/hemmoraged vocal cords... won't be seeing him any time soon, maybe ever?

Starsky

« Reply #984 on: September 30, 2021, 09:36:05 am »
Oh no!

« Reply #985 on: September 30, 2021, 09:50:53 am »
wow that really sucks, his career was just ramping up
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #986 on: September 30, 2021, 11:19:35 am »
Sturgill missing the last two Outlaw Music Festival shows with a "scratchy throat."

Stock falling.

Officially ruptured/hemmoraged vocal cords... won't be seeing him any time soon, maybe ever?

Perfect timing!

Yes. I’m only making five albums. And they all do serve a cohesive narrative of a life journey of a human soul from a traditional Western perspective. So High Top Mountain was a seminal album or a past life, you can’t go home. Metamodern (Sounds in Country Music) was ethereal, literally like the soul’s journey through space. A Sailor’s Guide (To Earth) represents birth, and life lessons learning them. The next one is going to be about life and sin. We’re literally going to go to hell. And the fifth one will be returning to the light. Absolution.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #987 on: September 30, 2021, 09:20:36 pm »
Kings of Leon tour

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #988 on: October 01, 2021, 03:37:31 pm »
dunno about the DC date, but i just got notification that the seattle Dead Can Dance show has been fully cancelled.  refunds are being processed.  dammit.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #989 on: October 01, 2021, 03:44:12 pm »
Still postponed / TBA...