Author Topic: Richmond so much to answer for...  (Read 4281 times)

hutch

Richmond so much to answer for...
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:03:05 pm »
so Toots Hibbert was hit in the head by a big bottle of vodka last summer by some drunken yahoo while performing a free show there by the river.... on doctor's orders he has not been able to come back....concussion/dizziness/shit like that

really awful

of course toots is a class act and wrote a letter to the judge asking the yahoo not be sent to jail over it (somethin about having heard what jail does to young people.... anyone remember that toots was sentenced to jailtime in england in the late 60s? 54-46 was his jail number)...

anyways i'm pissed off about it... toots has never gone this long without touring..something is up...just hoping he recovers...

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Richmond so much to answer for...
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:46:58 pm »
How are you just now hearing about this? It was on CNN for Christs sake.

And no, the entire city doesn't have a lot to answer for, one douche does. Or, more accurately: one douche and Venture Richmond for consistently running shit events and their lack of security biting them in the ass for once.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:48:29 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:52:56 pm »
How are you just now hearing about this? It was on CNN for Christs sake.

And no, the entire city doesn't have a lot to answer for, one douche does. Or, more accurately: one douche and Venture Richmond for consistently running shit events and their lack of security biting them in the ass for once.

oh no..i heard about it the day it happened.. in fact i was the one who broke the news here.. i think you'd been banned for being an asshole?

sorry but I'm holding Richmond responsible... and that includes you....    ;D

having lived in richmond for four very long years i know how you all operate down there.....

nice to hear your words of concern for Toots Hibbert.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 11:58:15 pm »
Well, if you're going to be like that, then your concern for him was ostensibly so little, you didn't mention any well-wishes in your subject or your first three paragraphs of your year-late diatribe. :0

Or, you know, you can just assume normal people living in a society don't like people getting vodka bottled in the face and hope they recover, whether they type out the obvious generality or not.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:05:00 am »
Well, if you're going to be like that, then your concern for him was ostensibly so little, you didn't mention any well-wishes in your subject or your first three paragraphs of your year-late diatribe. :0

Or, you know, you can just assume normal people living in a society don't like people getting vodka bottled in the face and hope they recover, whether they type out the obvious generality or not.

i don't know...you're a rather odd bird though so not sure about the "normal"...

didn't you go by Computer Fuckface for a while? thats not my definition of normal! :)

you just immediately focused on richmond being made to look bad....that was your concern...not Toots..

bad karma man...

after all my post was about Toots and his health... i even threw in that good bit about him asking the judge for clemency and how he used to be in prison himself but i got nothing back.. no love....

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 12:11:25 am »
I addressed the Richmond element because it was both the named subject of your thread and the first point you addressed. Talk about burying your lead, apparently.

And if you'll look, I was an alleged computer fuckface. Also a good manners AFICIONADO.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 12:26:10 am »
I addressed the Richmond element because it was both the named subject of your thread and the first point you addressed. Talk about burying your lead, apparently.

And if you'll look, I was an alleged computer fuckface. Also a good manners AFICIONADO.

well I must admit I thought the thread could also act as a sort of "everything that's wrong with Richmond" compendium...

oh yes yes I remember... after all I did the alleging... :)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 07:07:31 am »
toots, who?

hutch

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 09:04:18 am »
toots, who?

Trey loves him...all over his album from 2004...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 10:35:10 am »

notme

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 06:07:00 pm »
last time I saw toots he had a beer belly

betao

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 07:08:32 pm »
you just immediately focused on richmond being made to look bad....that was your concern...not Toots..

You ripped on Julian for identifying the fact that this was an "anti Richmond" thread...

well I must admit I thought the thread could also act as a sort of "everything that's wrong with Richmond" compendium...

... and then admitted that you wanted this to be the "anti Richmond" thread?

lulz

hutch

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 08:47:47 pm »
last time I saw toots he had a beer belly

this is true! i was really surprised...he usually keeps so fit..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 10:53:03 am »
I thought this was going to be like the "Florida Man" twitter account  :(