Author Topic: Who is Rogue Riderhood?  (Read 9880 times)

hutch

Who is Rogue Riderhood?
« on: September 11, 2014, 02:27:58 pm »
Who is he really? Where has he come from?

Is he a reincarnated forumer? Someone who changed his name and outwitted the half wit?

What's the story, forum glory?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Who is Rogue Riderhood?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 02:32:25 pm »
It's almost certainly the newest version of killsaly/hexenjagd.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 02:33:01 pm »
dude... come on, I figured you could spot that former boardie a mile away.

the legend of killsally lives on

hutch

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 02:36:39 pm »

well i'm a bit of a half wit..

but yea i thought it was killsally....that was my theory...i guess i should have put it out there

i'm so ashamed..

James Ford

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 02:37:48 pm »
I was going to suggest asking Vince.

When do we get Atomic and Brian Wallalce back?

hutch

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 02:38:40 pm »
I was going to suggest asking Vince.

ha ha ha wrestling jokes never get old.

umm..no.

Yada

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 02:39:04 pm »

well i'm a bit of a half wit..

but yea i thought it was killsally....that was my theory...i guess i should have put it out there

i'm so ashamed..

my question to the board is, which boardie got bored of trying to keep up with the atomic persona all day/night?

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »
It's a good Dickens reference, especially considering his penchant of late for changing monikers.
LVMH

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 02:41:32 pm »
to the board is, which boardie got bored of trying to keep up with the atomic persona all day/night?
I really wish kosmo would throw some IP logs out there so we could get to the bottom of this.

I tracked down Brian Wallace, but Atomic's email/posted photos/etc literally return nothing in a Catfish-esque internet search. That with regard to his email makes me think he was fake. That with regard to his photos led me to believe he was real. Who knows, man, who knows.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 11:37:16 pm »
to the board is, which boardie got bored of trying to keep up with the atomic persona all day/night?
I really wish kosmo would throw some IP logs out there so we could get to the bottom of this.

I tracked down Brian Wallace, but Atomic's email/posted photos/etc literally return nothing in a Catfish-esque internet search. That with regard to his email makes me think he was fake. That with regard to his photos led me to believe he was real. Who knows, man, who knows.

i'm guilty of reverse-image searching atomic's picture.  nothing came up, which makes me believe that he was real. 

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 12:09:23 am »
If he was real, then his listed email account was either (a) a throwaway he never checked (no returned read-receipts), or (b) atomic had an account on none of the 50 websites with the highest user bases in America and did not cash out the $$ I sent him thru paypal.

But I still side towards real because of the photo evidence. But man, a lot of info I social engineered out of him ranged from implausible at best to clearly false. Then again, he was a troll.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2014, 12:29:31 am »
If he was real, then his listed email account was either (a) a throwaway he never checked (no returned read-receipts), or (b) atomic had an account on none of the 50 websites with the highest user bases in America and did not cash out the $$ I sent him thru paypal.

But I still side towards real because of the photo evidence. But man, a lot of info I social engineered out of him ranged from implausible at best to clearly false. Then again, he was a troll.

remind me.. what was the photo evidence? that one picture he posted? why is that evidence? i am forgetting the details..

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2014, 08:46:37 am »
remind me.. what was the photo evidence? that one picture he posted? why is that evidence? i am forgetting the details..
One day, someone was doing the usual "there is no way atomic is real" thing and he responded "what do you want me to do? post a picture?" We, of course, said yes. He said he would when other people posted photos. Yada and myself did. He then posted a photo of "himself" which he took down after an hour.

If you run that photo through reverse image search engines (such as google), it showed that the photo was found nowhere else on the internet, nor any similar photos. Had this photo showed up on some dude from California's facebook page, it would be a sign that whoever is posting as atomic claiming to be from Baltimore probably was "catfishing." Had it shown up on some account that was consistent with the atomic persona, that would make sense. Also, the photo storage site he saved it on had no other photos for the account and was created moments earlier, which is odd.

Whether atomic is a real person or a fake persona, whoever is behind it has went to some odd lengths to chinese wall off the "atomic" user on here and the email attributed with it from the rest of the internet at large. And that's bizarre either way.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2014, 09:29:58 am »
Like the legend of killsally, real people that post here on a daily basis for years at a time don't just disappear for ever unless god forbid they died or there was some threat against them where they realized it was best to never post again.

atomic just didn't quit the board like a walkie meltdown, his author became tired of keeping up the persona.