Author Topic: How is there not a Serial thread yet?  (Read 44450 times)

K8teebug

Re: How is there not a Serial thread yet?
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2014, 10:04:15 am »
For the record, I was trail running near there, and my friend needed a last minute Christmas present.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2014, 10:47:20 am »
For the record, I was trail running near there, and my friend needed a last minute Christmas present.
Did anyone attempt to strangle you? Was there a pay phone in the lobby? How long did it take you to get there? Details, K8teebug, details!
LVMH

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2014, 11:57:07 am »
I went to the Best Buy yesterday. Everyone there was buying burner phones. I kid you not.
Wait, were there payphones outside or in the vestibule?
slack

wml7

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2014, 04:00:25 pm »
http://gawker.com/jay-from-serial-is-apparently-ready-to-talk-1675340373
 ;D

I think someone got had... Seeing as the picture of Jay is the only known one of him on the interwebs
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2014, 01:17:06 am »
What do people use for podcasts on Android?  I tried a couple and they annoyed me right off the bat.

I use BeyondPod after using Pocket Casts for a long time.

I think the biggest loose end I'm upset about is we never get any closure on the issue of why that one girl cannot pronounce Chimp correctly.
I cringe every time I hear that?but I'm sure the people in the marketing dept were like "GENIOUS, everyone will hate it so much they will never forget it"

I get so frustrated that I actually finish the damn sentence for her.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 01:25:38 am by vansmack »
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2014, 12:22:43 pm »
Anybody listening to Start Up?  It feels like the next logical follow on to Serial...

« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2014, 01:14:52 pm »
Just wanted to check with Jules if this is proper usage of META?

When I meet radio producer Alex Blumberg, he is wearing the tennis shoes that his wife made him change out of for a meeting with a business investor in episode one of Startup. That?s Blumberg?s new podcast about how he is starting his own podcast business (he is aware that it?s meta).
slack

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2014, 03:43:48 pm »
Just wanted to check with Jules if this is proper usage of META?

When I meet radio producer Alex Blumberg, he is wearing the tennis shoes that his wife made him change out of for a meeting with a business investor in episode one of Startup. That?s Blumberg?s new podcast about how he is starting his own podcast business (he is aware that it?s meta).

It is a correct usage. Near textbook usage of META, in fact.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2014, 07:17:38 pm »
Most believable thing I've read yet.

As a lawyer, it was difficult to listen to the podcast at times, especially the way it was being edited.  There's a huge difference between actual guilt and legal guilt and that probably should have been explained more.  Either way, all of my theories went out the door when Jay led the cops to her car.

At that point, it was motive of Jay vs motive of Adnan, and frankly, since Adnan had absolutely no alibi, it was hard to fathom it being anyone else.

Do I think the prosecution had enough to go beyond a reasonable doubt?  Not with the way this information was presented no, and I could raise serious questions about his attorney's defense, but I wouldn't go that far unless I had read the entire trial proceedings, which, frankly, I'm not going to do.  But I definitely think Ms. Gutierrez could have done a better job.

Do I think Adnan killed Hae? Yes, but the job is on the prosecution to put together more evidence than they did (or more than we were presented).

Deidre's well off the mark on this one.  She has absolutely nothing to tie Ronald Moore and Jay together.  Until then, she needs to look at the real picture and ignore the big picture, which for her is anybody but Adnan.

My favorite part of the podcast was when Adnan got upset about Sarah saying he was such a nice guy that it makes it difficult to believe he could do it.  The whole premise of her show was that an attorney contacted her because this really nice kid was convicted of a crime that they just couldn't be he was capable of doing.  That doesn't mean shit and he had the exact right response - that doesn't help me one bit, so let's a find a way where I didn't do this with FACT that I can take to the courts.  That didn't happen - not even close.

Well, that and where Christina found out Jay's attorney was arranged by the prosecutor and Sarah says "if you or you're loved one is an attorney their mouth is wide open right now" and sure enough, when my fiancee looked over, my mouth was wide open.  That was pretty funny.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 07:19:09 pm by vansmack »
27>34

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2014, 09:39:30 am »
I like that Smacks agrees with me that anyone who thinks Adnan legitimately didn't do it is experiencing a severe case of the Emperor's new clothes.

Well, that and where Christina found out Jay's attorney was arranged by the prosecutor and Sarah says "if you or you're loved one is an attorney their mouth is wide open right now" and sure enough, when my fiancee looked over, my mouth was wide open.  That was pretty funny.
There's a weird, bizarre theory on the internet -- shocking, I know! -- that he was a CI (plausible) and the cops didn't want to burn him as a source so they concealed his involvement in the murder to keep him informing (insane).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 09:44:33 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2014, 02:33:53 pm »
that he was a CI
please translate?

Certified Informant
confidence interval

edit...ok google helped me out Confidential Informant
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:35:27 pm by Sidehatch® »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2014, 02:35:06 pm »
that he was a CI
please translate?

Confidential Informant.  Took me a minute too.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2014, 03:02:05 pm »
Jay speaks - https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014/12/29/exclusive-interview-jay-wilds-star-witness-adnan-syed-serial-case-pt-1/

See Serail Podcast subtopic in Reddit for interview and discussion.