Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1641363 times)

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6045 on: April 16, 2021, 11:07:23 pm »
Arlington considering IS tearing down Inner Ear studios and turning the area an "arts district"

Zientara has been recording for more than 30 years in his basement and the Shirlington location. The long list of those who have recorded at the hole-in-the-wall studio includes the Foo Fighters, Fugazi and Minor Threat.

“I’m sorry to see it go, but that’s the way that it is,” Zientara said. “So I’m OK with it — it’s just the natural evolution of things. You can’t stop progress. I hope what they do have is something that can complement the arts in the county.”
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 11:35:12 pm by toasty fresh hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #6046 on: April 19, 2021, 11:09:20 am »
color me shocked that neither Hutchles or VanSmackenstein didn't go off on a 4 page rant about the Super League
slack

hutch

« Reply #6047 on: April 19, 2021, 11:10:11 am »
Working on it...

vansmack

« Reply #6048 on: April 19, 2021, 12:17:18 pm »
color me shocked that neither Hutchles or VanSmackenstein didn't go off on a 4 page rant about the Super League

Oh, I did, just not on this board.  My Football WhatsApp threads are going nuts.

It's a fucking disgrace.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #6049 on: April 19, 2021, 02:00:01 pm »
It’s just so much more money with the Super League

Like just for participation you get $350 million up front per team....four times what the WINNER of the Champions gets!!! You are talking about tens of billions of dollars more over a few years...

My initial reaction is that the Super League is a very bad idea.. but I can see the temptation for the big clubs

I just don’t know enough about it

On the other hand the Champions League is currently the absolute pinnacle of high quality soccer.. the world’s top competition.. gutting that seems crazy

But if it means I no longer have to hear the Champions League theme song I might support the Super League
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 02:04:29 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #6050 on: April 20, 2021, 12:18:50 pm »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6051 on: April 20, 2021, 02:16:01 pm »
what's brining the UK together at the moment is outrage over the super league and one grocery chain suing another over a copycat caterpillar cake...  (don't make try to explain this one...)
T.Rex

« Reply #6052 on: April 20, 2021, 02:19:59 pm »
I think the horror is, who would come up with this name
Cuthbert the Caterpillar
slack

hutch

« Reply #6053 on: April 20, 2021, 02:45:45 pm »
Chelsea pulling out of Super League..didn’t even start!

Rumor Man City too

Rumors league will be disbanded

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6054 on: April 20, 2021, 02:57:06 pm »
I think the horror is, who would come up with this name
Cuthbert the Caterpillar

what of course makes this case even more bizarre, is most of the major UK chains also have variations of the Colin The Caterpillar cake

"This includes Morris the Caterpillar from Morrisons, Cuthbert the Caterpillar from Aldi, the Curious Caterpillar at the Co-Op, Cecil the Caterpillar at Waitrose, Clyde the Caterpillar at Asda, Wiggles the Caterpillar at Sainsbury's, Clive the Caterpillar at One Stop and Curly the Caterpillar at Tesco."

T.Rex

« Reply #6055 on: April 20, 2021, 02:59:24 pm »
Morris, Cecil, Clyde, Wiggles, Clive, and Curly are all acceptable caterpillar names
slack

« Reply #6056 on: April 20, 2021, 11:06:59 pm »
Wow this just keeps getting weirder

all six English soccer clubs pulled out

Are we to believe that james cordon made the difference
slack

vansmack

« Reply #6057 on: April 21, 2021, 02:18:02 pm »
all six English soccer clubs pulled out 

For a group of very accomplished people, they really couldn't have handled this any worse.
27>34

« Reply #6058 on: April 21, 2021, 07:50:32 pm »
While living in CA, when filing taxes or voting (can't remember) but there was something about Armenian's and the genocide...and I was puzzled, had never heard word one about this
Worked with a young Armenian a few years back and their hatred of the Turks was legendary

Biden will declare on Saturday that the Ottoman Empire's killing of 1.5 million Armenians was an act of genocide, becoming the first sitting president to do so.
slack

hutch

« Reply #6059 on: April 21, 2021, 08:16:11 pm »
Many Armenians migrated to Argentina and you see graffiti everywhere with the phrase “Turcos asesinos”

I am glad Biden is doing this...can’t imagine the Turkish government is thrilled ...maybe part of an overall realignment of US foreign policy which must happen and which Obama also tried..away from Israel/Saudi Arabia and maybe now Turkey..I would hope away from Pakistan too...

The biography of Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun went into length about this because his father was Turkish ambassador to the US (here in DC obviously) and in exchange for I guess Turkey not joining the Axis he got the US government to quash Hollywood movies which were going to cast a bad light on what the Turks had done to the Armenians...anyways Ahmet - his whole life- denied the Armenian holocaust... rather a black mark on such a beloved man and such an institution in music...the book kind of glossed this over because it was kind of an authorized bio (collaboration from Ahmet’s widow)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:18:56 pm by hutch »