Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1642784 times)

WALKonBack

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6480 on: September 28, 2021, 05:46:03 pm »
I am too lazy to look . . . if anyone is discussing this anywhere else on here.  The media is trying to scare the governor race of VA to that whoever Republican guy.  As if it was a slam dunk forever, for Terry, now, not so much.  Now, I really don't care about political parties.  I wish we could have elections and each person who won, won based on their abilities to get a fucking job done.  But that is not, how it works.  The only thing with this VA Republican guy, is that he is so weird and everybody is making a big deal about that he is hiding his views on big issues, which God only knows knows what else he could be hiding.  And of course he has no political experience.  Why is it, that a major politician is the most important job in our country, and it is ok to not be skilled in it before you jump into it?   It is more important than doctors in my opinion, for the procedures they complete, have power just as long as that which is accomplished on the surgery table.  Why is it ok for doctors to train their life away, and have an uncountable amount of hands on hours to do their job, but any fucktard who ran a company like a vulture, can be a politician.

#sandimashighschoolfootballrules

Space Freely

« Reply #6481 on: September 28, 2021, 07:35:03 pm »
I am too lazy to look . . . if anyone is discussing this anywhere else on here.  The media is trying to scare the governor race of VA to that whoever Republican guy.  As if it was a slam dunk forever, for Terry, now, not so much.  Now, I really don't care about political parties.  I wish we could have elections and each person who won, won based on their abilities to get a fucking job done.  But that is not, how it works.  The only thing with this VA Republican guy, is that he is so weird and everybody is making a big deal about that he is hiding his views on big issues, which God only knows knows what else he could be hiding.  And of course he has no political experience.  Why is it, that a major politician is the most important job in our country, and it is ok to not be skilled in it before you jump into it?   It is more important than doctors in my opinion, for the procedures they complete, have power just as long as that which is accomplished on the surgery table.  Why is it ok for doctors to train their life away, and have an uncountable amount of hands on hours to do their job, but any fucktard who ran a company like a vulture, can be a politician.

#sandimashighschoolfootballrules

I think i agree with you but am just surprised you didn't mention penises.

Space Freely

« Reply #6482 on: October 01, 2021, 12:28:38 pm »
I got one of those New York State toll bill things via email. I paid it online but wasn't sure it went through.

So I called the number, and after getting through the customer service, was put on hold for 30 minutes. Then it started ringing. Instead of getting an operator, I got a message that due to a scheduled fire drill, nobnody was there to take my call. Then it hung up on me. Fuck that noise.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6483 on: October 01, 2021, 02:01:26 pm »
suggestion: check your your credit card (or whatever payment mechanism you used) balance, online, to see if you were billed.  if yes, you're golden.  if not, give it at least 24 hours and if still not there, pay again.
<sig>

« Reply #6484 on: October 01, 2021, 05:28:49 pm »
ok this is insanity and maybe the federal gov't needs to step in

but trying to come up with a way to solve the problems between getting from Roslyn to Georgetown that DOESN'T include a gondola
just short sited and the mentality that comes from this 12th century type thinking

A new study is looking ways to improve connectivity between Rosslyn and Georgetown. Besides a gondola.

My idea is a trebuchet, but OSHA is not even entertaining a meeting on the topic
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6485 on: October 04, 2021, 11:36:57 am »
<sig>

« Reply #6486 on: October 04, 2021, 11:40:22 am »
but trying to come up with a way to solve the problems between getting from Roslyn to Georgetown that DOESN'T include a gondola
even the nytimes is weighing in

Trams, Cable Cars, Electric Ferries: How Cities Are Rethinking Transit

slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #6487 on: October 04, 2021, 01:37:45 pm »

vansmack

« Reply #6488 on: October 04, 2021, 04:06:59 pm »
just short sited and the mentality that comes from this 12th century type thinking

My god.  It's like a half a mile.  WALK!
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6489 on: October 04, 2021, 04:09:57 pm »

You'll pry this aerial funicular from my cold dead hands, sir.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6490 on: October 04, 2021, 04:18:22 pm »

Or swim.

« Reply #6491 on: October 04, 2021, 04:20:30 pm »

what do you think we are, cavemen.  We demand gondolas!
slack

« Reply #6492 on: October 04, 2021, 04:56:22 pm »
 National Taco Day...isn't this one of those holidays that should fall on a specific day of the week....i.e. Tuesday and not oct 4th

I also feel like Ween should have some sort of crazy concert every 7 years when Cinco De Mayo happens on a Tuesday
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6493 on: October 04, 2021, 05:15:57 pm »
National Taco Day...isn't this one of those holidays that should fall on a specific day of the week....i.e. Tuesday and not oct 4th

I also feel like Ween should have some sort of crazy concert every 7 years when Cinco De Mayo happens on a Tuesday

I found out the hard way last year that today is not the day to get takeout from a place with "Taco" in their name.

I'm making salmon burgers to tonight. With a fruited sour.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6494 on: October 04, 2021, 05:40:06 pm »