Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1643448 times)

GAY,GUY

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #6600 on: February 03, 2022, 02:19:08 pm »
This could be in the Twitter thread, I assume . . . but I follow something that keeps retweeting this weird random guy who posts crime in DC, especially car thefts and car jackings.  Is there really that bad of a problem in DC for cars being stolen, especially at gas stations?  Then I read a crazy, ten page, twitter story of how it all involves some kind of mafia in part of Europe or South Africa or something, involving hiring people to steal all these cars for parts to ship overseas, which seemed suspect, and something invented to attract followers.  True / False, who knows.  But this guy on Twitter, posts daily car jackings, it seems, these days.  The last one involved a wife and child still in the car.

Crazy.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 02:21:38 pm by Walk,on,by »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6601 on: February 03, 2022, 02:48:30 pm »
a couple of Prius's in my hood had their catalytic convertors stolen out of them the other night
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #6602 on: February 03, 2022, 02:50:11 pm »
This could be in the Twitter thread, I assume . . . but I follow something that keeps retweeting this weird random guy who posts crime in DC, especially car thefts and car jackings.  Is there really that bad of a problem in DC for cars being stolen, especially at gas stations?  Then I read a crazy, ten page, twitter story of how it all involves some kind of mafia in part of Europe or South Africa or something, involving hiring people to steal all these cars for parts to ship overseas, which seemed suspect, and something invented to attract followers.  True / False, who knows.  But this guy on Twitter, posts daily car jackings, it seems, these days.  The last one involved a wife and child still in the car.

Crazy.

My partner was a victim of a failed car jacking attempt this summer on Conn. Ave in Chevy Chase DC.. and our neighbor's had their prius converter jacked out of their car a few months ago!

« Reply #6603 on: February 03, 2022, 02:53:13 pm »
I too have been hearing about a sharp uptick in carjackings
scary shit
All over, not just downtown

Arlington has been overrun by car theft too
and they almost always go the chop shop/international route...unless it's a joy ride situation (which happens a lot too)
slack

« Reply #6604 on: February 03, 2022, 03:37:00 pm »
Capitol Police Update —> Dale Paul Melvin, 55, of Kimball, Michigan, is now in custody, and being interviewed by the US Secret Service.

He parked his car in front of the Supreme Court this morning and refused to leave, just as he did last October

what were the redeeming qualities of Michigan residents??
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #6605 on: February 03, 2022, 03:54:11 pm »
Capitol Police Update —> Dale Paul Melvin, 55, of Kimball, Michigan, is now in custody, and being interviewed by the US Secret Service.

He parked his car in front of the Supreme Court this morning and refused to leave, just as he did last October

the can do spirit
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6606 on: February 03, 2022, 04:00:24 pm »
So weirdly random: "can do" just summoned up 50 year old memories of grade school aluminum can recycling fund raisers.
😐 🎶

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6607 on: February 03, 2022, 04:25:26 pm »
Huh. I misremembered the title of Canstruction

https://www.canstruction.org/

Space Freely

« Reply #6608 on: February 03, 2022, 04:38:38 pm »
So weirdly random: "can do" just summoned up 50 year old memories of grade school aluminum can recycling fund raisers.

Are most of the people on this forum over 45?  Is anyone under 35?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6609 on: February 03, 2022, 04:55:49 pm »
Huh. I misremembered the title of Canstruction

https://www.canstruction.org/

"An exhibition
of structures made
from unopened
cans of food that
are later donated"

Sure, we'll give you some food but first we want to look at it as whimsical sculptures.
😐 🎶

Starsky

« Reply #6610 on: February 03, 2022, 04:56:25 pm »
Crime

Another winning issue for democrats

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6611 on: February 03, 2022, 05:39:58 pm »

that they drank less in 2021 than in 2020.  having been to michigan, and seen drunk michiganders, i can assure you this is a GREAT thing.  wonderful first step.  keep at it, you mitten-state trying to grab a branch before ultimately plunging into the abyss!
<sig>

« Reply #6612 on: February 03, 2022, 05:46:57 pm »
slack

« Reply #6613 on: February 04, 2022, 06:35:43 pm »
wow, things are really looking up in 2022
slack

GAY,GUY

« Reply #6614 on: February 04, 2022, 06:52:45 pm »
Have you ever been stuck in a world of knowing that you will never get a better job / career than the current one you have . . . as said job sucks the lifeforce out of you, makes you realize serial killers are correct, and you are having a mid-life crisis nervous breakdown over?

Not all that glitters, is a gold member.  Not all that is luck, is a clover field.