Author Topic: random . . . randomness  (Read 1602551 times)

shemptiness

Re: random . . . randomness
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2014, 06:31:13 pm »

Here's the shirt that turns a Stud into a Dud

slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2014, 10:57:34 am »
what are peoples opinion about this whole dc pot congress override the popular vote of a place with no real representation, thing?  personally I do not care about the pot aspect of it, for this could be about anything that was voted yes on with over seventy percent of an actual vote.  the idea that people can vote on something, then have the government of the country you are voting in, say sorry, your vote does not count, really irks me.  and the core person involved in doing it is not even someone from dc.  and the guy says the other day, "if the people of dc dont like it, they can leave."  and the guy is heavily backed by pharmaceutical companies.  really? 

i see people want to do protests . . . but do protests really do anything in this country?  did occupy wall street, do anything?  i dont even think these race protests will do any real thing, to change a true mass adjustment of thoughts and attitudes.

so what does happen if this goes through one hundred percent and the vote of a district is canceled?  do the wheels just keep turning?

ggw

« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2014, 11:31:58 am »
I think you skip the protests and go talk to the DC leaders.  Tell them this is a good place to take a stand against Congressional interference and all that needs to be done is to instruct the cops and local prosecutors to curb enforcement of possession charges for small amounts.  It can be done.  Brooklyn district attorney Kenneth Thompson recently announced he wasn't going to prosecute small possession cases any longer. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2014, 01:37:14 pm »
for miss p:

There's a Roller Derby World Cup and we have 10 amazing photos to prove it
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/roller-derby-world-cup
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2014, 02:58:22 pm »
what are peoples opinion about this whole dc pot congress override the popular vote of a place with no real representation, thing?  personally I do not care about the pot aspect of it, for this could be about anything that was voted yes on with over seventy percent of an actual vote.  the idea that people can vote on something, then have the government of the country you are voting in, say sorry, your vote does not count, really irks me.  and the core person involved in doing it is not even someone from dc.  and the guy says the other day, "if the people of dc dont like it, they can leave."  and the guy is heavily backed by pharmaceutical companies.  really? 

i see people want to do protests . . . but do protests really do anything in this country?  did occupy wall street, do anything?  i dont even think these race protests will do any real thing, to change a true mass adjustment of thoughts and attitudes.

so what does happen if this goes through one hundred percent and the vote of a district is canceled?  do the wheels just keep turning?

1) It is not always the popular vote that counts in this country - presidential elections are a prime example.

2) Protests, while most often justified, are quite often fabricated by the people with man agenda - The case in Missouri is a perfect example.  A man chooses to rob a store, he then chooses to refuse to leave the middle of the street when requested to do so by an officer, he then chooses to assault the officer, he then chooses to leaves the scene in an attempt to resist arrest, he then chooses to return in an attempt to assault the officer a second time, he then chooses to not comply with the officers order to get on teh ground.  Basically he chose to die.  In another case that is being hyped as a 'choke hold', the criminal there said "I can't Breathe", which is physically impossible to do if you can't breathe.  Bottom line is that that was NOT a choke hold.  The only similarity in these two cases is that the media created news based on non-facts in order to push their cause du jour happens to be.

3) Should this be the way it is in either instance?  In both cases my short answer is no.  I would prefer a simple majority rule most of the time.   I would also prefer if the supposed news outlets in this country would stop creating news and start actually reporting it.
FUKIT

ggw

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 03:58:56 pm by ggw »

Yada

« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2014, 04:59:23 pm »
So its really starting to look like Cosby is a full-on sociopath.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/model-beverly-johnson-accuses-bill-cosby-drugging-her-184400134.html

http://www.thewrap.com/19-bill-cosby-accusers-complete-breakdown-of-the-allegations-so-far/

I was fine dining at Ben's Chili Bowl last week and was wondering how long they'll continue their support of ole Bill.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2014, 05:35:19 pm »
I thought we were not talking about these issues, as they get threads locked.
2) Protests, while most often justified, are quite often fabricated by the people with man agenda - The case in Missouri is a perfect example.  A man chooses to rob a store, he then chooses to refuse to leave the middle of the street when requested to do so by an officer, he then chooses to assault the officer, he then chooses to leaves the scene in an attempt to resist arrest, he then chooses to return in an attempt to assault the officer a second time, he then chooses to not comply with the officers order to get on teh ground.  Basically he chose to die. 

In another case that is being hyped as a 'choke hold', the criminal there said "I can't Breathe", which is physically impossible to do if you can't breathe.  Bottom line is that that was NOT a choke hold.  The only similarity in these two cases is that the media created news based on non-facts in order to push their cause du jour happens to be.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2014, 05:36:15 pm »
RatBastard has nothing to talk about if he's not an inflammatory, hateful, racist, xenophobic Michael Savage clone.
LVMH

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2014, 05:36:21 pm »
So Eric deserved to get choked to death?  For being a criminal?

Maybe cops should start shooting Jaywalkers.  

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2014, 05:36:46 pm »
RatBastard has nothing to talk about if he's not an inflammatory, hateful, racist, xenophobic Michael Savage clone.
I deleted my original reply before I hit post.

Fuck him.

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:20 pm »
How about cops can shoot someone who looks at them threateningly? 

hutch

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2014, 08:29:05 pm »

He goes to one show a year at the 930 where he gets hooked up cause he knows somebody.... same reason he can't get banned no matter what insane hateful shit he writes......out of 1000 posts 200 are outback coupons, 750 are about "libtards", 45 are about his health issues, and 5 are about music...

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2014, 02:45:44 am »

As my last word (so no one gets to flaming and gets the thread closed), nothing I said as even CLOSE any of the descriptors you mention.  I do however think that the individual you mention has a few of those traits.  he is a nut job if ever was one!
FUKIT